ADVERTISEMENT

Need Electrical Help

Class of 67

Jan 30, 2007
I have a corded lawn mower. The mechanical parts for the push switch are busted. The linked wiring diagram is identical to my Greenworks mower. If I want to replace the push switch with an on-off light switch, how do I wire it?

I have a corded lawn mower. The mechanical parts for the push switch are busted. The linked wiring diagram is identical to my Greenworks mower. If I want to replace the push switch with an on-off light switch, how do I wire it?
You don't wire it. The switch on your lawn mower is a double-pole, single throw while your light switch is a single-pole. Do not attempt to use a double-pole a/c switch in this application.

That part is so cheap and common you might as well just get the real thing. Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, etc might even carry it. Then you won't have to rig up some bracket or worry about the wiring. If a local store doesn't have it you can Google the part number, search Amazon, etc. If you need further help you can give this shop out of Maryland a call, they are very knowledgeable, great to deal with, and probably have the part.

Reactions: BW Lion
That part is so cheap and common you might as well just get the real thing. Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, etc might even carry it. Then you won't have to rig up some bracket or worry about the wiring. If a local store doesn't have it you can Google the part number, search Amazon, etc. If you need further help you can give this shop out of Maryland a call, they are very knowledgeable, great to deal with, and probably have the part.

Thanks. I searched for the part without success. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.

Thanks. I searched for the part without success. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.
When you really get stuck, try this website. The link I provided is straight to the outdoor equipment forum. You should sign-up and introduce yourself. Create a post in the forum I linked and you'll soon have some very talented and eager help. This community is amazing.

@91Joe95 Joe, this is a good source of information. You may also enjoy helping others out from time to time.

Reactions: 91Joe95
your first problem is the corded lawn mower. what's wrong with a briggs and straten gas powered engine? pull the cord and wham!

Reactions: psu1969a
your first problem is the corded lawn mower. what's wrong with a briggs and straten gas powered engine? pull the cord and wham!
..or the new battery powered units. I cut three lawns and still have yet to go under 50% power with my Ego mower. You take the battery out of the charger and plug it into the mower and off you go. I got the dual blade unit and it cuts as well as my old Honda and I don't have to worry about gas, oil, winterization and storage.

lm2000-s_20_lawnmower_2_foldablestorage.png

Reactions: FHSPSU67
you cut your own grass? my people don't even cut my grass- they have their people do that

• Haha
Reactions: gogolion
you cut your own grass? my people don't even cut my grass- they have their people do that
LOL...I used to cut my grass every Saturday morning and hired a company to cut it. Then, one day, I used that Saturday morning to go to the club and workout which included some good cardio. Then I realized I was paying some guy to cut my lawn while I paid another guy to do cardio at the same time. I now cut three lawns a week (mine and two people that cannot in my 'hood) and consider it my sat/sunday workout. Takes me about 20,000 steps to do all three.

..or the new battery powered units. I cut three lawns and still have yet to go under 50% power with my Ego mower. You take the battery out of the charger and plug it into the mower and off you go. I got the dual blade unit and it cuts as well as my old Honda and I don't have to worry about gas, oil, winterization and storage.

lm2000-s_20_lawnmower_2_foldablestorage.png
I'm considering the Ego, but I hate trashing my corded mower over a "simple" part failure. My neighbor has an Ego and swears by it. He also has the leaf blower, edger and snow blower, all using the same battery.

Reactions: Obliviax

The part is not "common." I have a request in with Jack's. I'll see what happens.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I'm considering the Ego, but I hate trashing my corded mower over a "simple" part failure. My neighbor has an Ego and swears by it. He also has the leaf blower, edger and snow blower, all using the same battery.
you can often get good deals on used mowers right now. HD and Lowes give 90 days back. People get citations from their communities to cut their grass in the may/june timeframe. They then bring them back for a full refund in Sept.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT