ADVERTISEMENT

Nearly 300 Football Letterman Respond to HBO "Paterno"

One of the main reasons people are missing from the list is that the university will not grant access to anyone the Letterman's list serve as the Letterman's Club is officially a university entity. This is why it has been difficult to mobilize lettermen in the past. The current lists our there for such things are based mainly on people forwarding on to other lettermen. Plus the deadline was tight so many may not have seen the email in time.

One of the main reasons people are missing from the list is that the university will not grant access to anyone the Letterman's list serve as the Letterman's Club is officially a university entity. This is why it has been difficult to mobilize lettermen in the past. The current lists our there for such things are based mainly on people forwarding on to other lettermen. Plus the deadline was tight so many may not have seen the email in time.

And there you have it. Thanks, Brandon, and good luck.

It is sickening that no university person has commented on the movie, period. Not to agree, or to disagree. Very clearly this is the policy that they all agreed upon, in advance.

They just continue to keep their heads in the sand. At some point, somehow or some way, they are going to have to decide if Joe ever actually existed at Penn State, or not. The wounds will never ever heal if they do not.
Agree 100%. It was always prideful for me to tell people I graduated from Penn State, lock, stock and barrel. Today, I tell people that I am proud of my degree from Penn State, proud of my school, but not proud of the leadership.

Why is Matt Knizner listed as '82.
This list smells off.
64164361.jpg

They won't even give the list to the Lettermen themselves? Wow, if that isn't reason enough to start lighting the torches and sharpening the pitchforks, I don't know what is.

Have you been in touch with Matt and Paul. I’m curious because I have heard that they may hold differing opinions of Joe. And last question, is it true that Paul was pissed because of how his son was treated?

No, I'm not in touch with either.
I heard the same thing about a strong difference of opinion back in late 2011 and into 2012. I don't know if that is still the case or not.

Yes, I also was told that Paul was mad about his son's lack of playing time or something to do with him playing football. All 2nd hand, but reliable.

Exactly. Jay Paterno (letterman '89) is not on the list. Is he not a supporter?

According to the movie, there was division in the family as information came out about sandusky. So I think it safe to assume that Jay no longer supports his father.

:confused:

The university is never going to get fund-raising back on track until they figure out a way to address the whole Joe issue, one way or another.

If they just wait a generation, fund raising will recover. Sad, if they embrace the greatness of JVP, fund raising could flourish. Sue could be a huge asset!

Reactions: indynittany
If they just wait a generation, fund raising will recover. Sad, if they embrace the greatness of JVP, fund raising could flourish. Sue could be a huge asset!

Well that won't happen then because their pride and reputation "obviously" comes before the health and well-being of our dear and beloved alma mater.

P.S. I never took latin but assume "alma mater" has its roots there. So what exactly does "alma mater" mean in latin?

Sure would have been nice to see our alumni elected BOT members publish a similar public letter . Or even better, hold a joint press conference before the next BOT meeting, have someone read a statement similar to this, and then take questions from the media.

So Annie just needs to change the time frame for the Facilities Master Plan to 40 years and everything will be A-OK. You go, girl!

Well that won't happen then because their pride and reputation "obviously" comes before the health and well-being of our dear and beloved alma mater.

P.S. I never took latin but assume "alma mater" has its roots there. So what exactly does "alma mater" mean in latin?

Who are you quoting?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT