ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Ticket Allotments

Every single time I call the ticket office, or NLC, I receive a different story. It's obvious these people are just making it up on the fly and have no interest in passing on factual infomation to us. The email from last Friday explicitly states "The NCAA informed us this week of our allocation of championship tickets".

"Dear Penn State Fan,

We are contacting you concerning your request for tickets to the 2019 NCAA Wrestling Championships at the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh on March 21-23, 2019. The NCAA informed us this week of our allocation of championship tickets. The allocation is significantly less than in previous years. We know we will not be able to fulfill all the requests we have received with the tickets allotted to us. As we shared with you in the fall, the NLC point cut-off for the 2018 NCAA Championship was 1222. Based on the NCAA allocation and requested tickets, the 2019 NLC point cut-off will be much higher. We expect to inform you of the number of tickets we are able to allocate to you, if any, the week of January 21. Please note as we expect the NLC point cut-off to be much higher than in previous years, we are bringing this to your attention now in order to give you the opportunity to explore other ticket options."

This is typical Penn State....

Very good friend of mine is a proud Pitt alum. Donates yearly and has had season football/bball tix for 25+yrs. Figuring it couldn't hurt, and knowing he isn't a wrestling fan at all, I asked a while ago if he would request tix for the NCAA championships. Happy to say that he was able to get 4 all-session tickets. Upper bowl/2nd row and having been to many Pens games I know the view will be pretty good.
Sometimes it helps to be friends with a Panther!
:rolleyes:
Be real... you would not have been nearly as kind had he not been able to get you in! :)

Very good friend of mine is a proud Pitt alum. Donates yearly and has had season football/bball tix for 25+yrs. Figuring it couldn't hurt, and knowing he isn't a wrestling fan at all, I asked a while ago if he would request tix for the NCAA championships. Happy to say that he was able to get 4 all-session tickets. Upper bowl/2nd row and having been to many Pens games I know the view will be pretty good.

Do you happen to know the section? I have two 3rd row uppers in an endzone, I’m not sure how those will be.

Probably too late, but I am interested. I could throw in free lodging and transportation to the tournament.

I guess I picked the wrong weekend to go on the road for Penn State wrestling.

I called the ticket office this AM. They were able to tell me if I received tickets through NLC :).
Person on phone couldn't give me the point cutoff.

I called the ticket office this AM. They were able to tell me if I received tickets through NLC :).
Person on phone couldn't give me the point cutoff.
I just talked to the ticket office and NLC and they they told me I had tickets. However, when I pressed the NLC a little more, the guy called the "ticket ops" office and was informed that the tickets had NOT been assigned yet, and it would happen "this week or next week". The first two people I talked with just looked at my account and saw the placeholders that have been there for months and assumed I got the tickets. TIFWIW

Thanks. She sounded a little clueless but I pressed her and she said I definitely got tickets. My NLC point total should be high enough.

Bob I’m curious what are the numbers on the placeholder tickets in your account. Mine are 66-69, wonder if those are in rank order?

1441-1444. I think the numbers are the chronological order of the requests. I waited until close to the deadline to order.

Reactions: VRE
FYI, I applied for tickets thru George Mason University and got this email last Friday. I'm not very hopeful that I will be one of the lucky ones. Lots of people (mostly PSU and tOSU fans I bet) did what I did and applied for tickets thru multiple schools.

We had a record number of ticket requests (four times the all-time record number of requests). Unfortunately, the NCAA Championships are in a smaller arena this year, and the NCAA cut our ticket request by 70%. I personally contacted every program in the country the day we received our allocation to try to find extra tickets. Every program that ordered more than 50 tickets was cut anywhere from 30 to 70%

Good news for our crew is we got all 14 tickets we requested from various sources. Bad news is my company was just bought out and the transition is in March. This may be the first National tournament I miss in a while.

Reactions: Emt158
Good news for our crew is we got all 14 tickets we requested from various sources. Bad news is my company was just bought out and the transition is in March. This may be the first National tournament I miss in a while.
I know where you can have transition discussions! Ask for a neutral place like Pitt!

Reactions: GOLDBANGER

That stinks. That almost happened to me back in 2011. Would have missed our first team title under Cael.

Meanwhile, there are about a thousand PSU fans who would love to use your ticket. Just saying. :cool:

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Just received the e-mail from Iowa State. NO!!! They only received 228 tickets. A 35 % decrease from past years.

Iowa State’s 228 NCAA tickets are being allocated as follows:
  • Wrestling Season Ticket Holders 163 tickets (Directors, Victory & Captains)
  • Student-Athlete Guests 40 tickets
  • Coaches and Support Staff 25 tickets
Have fun in Pittsburgh:)

Just received the e-mail from Iowa State. NO!!! They only received 228 tickets. A 35 % decrease from past years.

I may have an extra and if i do it is yours!

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I may have an extra and if i do it is yours!
How many likes can I give this post :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks Mike.

kGKUls.jpg

Give Iowa State credit... they let you know the exact number allotted, who got them and how many to each group. Well done. Penn State’s allocation is still a mystery, yet to be announced and as transparent as a mud puddle.

Turning into a rich man's sport was something that I noticed when wrestling clubs started to become popular.

You should see what these kids are paying for training in the youth/HS stages at high-profile clubs. My parents would've laughed at me, had I asked. Good for whoever can afford it, though.

looks like American is still taking applications for their tickets at http://aueagles.com/Ticketing/NCAAWrestlingChamps

"Placing a ticket request does not guarantee seats to the 2019 NCAA Wrestling Championships. This is due to the very high demand of tickets and the limited amount of tickets that will be allocated to American University from the NCAA. Requests will be fulfilled depending on priority tiering that ranges from being an Eagles Club member , AU Wrestling season ticket holder , and so on."

I talked to BEN ZANKER AT AMERICAN, THEY HAVE MORE REQUEST THAN TICKETS. I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER THERE AND MAY NOT GET TICKETS. THEY ARE LETTING PEOPLE KNOW 2ND OR 3RD WEEK IN FEB.

Reactions: psumacw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT