ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Makes A Stunning Announcement!

ILLINOISLION

May 29, 2001
The NCAA actually announced that the post-season bowl count will remain capped at 41 for the next three years.

A shame that only three 5-7 teams made bowl games last year.....waiting for Emmert to declare that EVERY team should play in a bowl. Or maybe let a team play in two or three bowl games.

Reactions: fairgambit
The NCAA actually announced that the post-season bowl count will remain capped at 41 for the next three years.

A shame that only three 5-7 teams made bowl games last year.....waiting for Emmert to declare that EVERY team should play in a bowl. Or maybe let a team play in two or three bowl games.
Even if you don't make it to a bowl game the teams still get trophies.

I have no problem with the number of bowl game. With all the time and effort these kids put in I have no problem rewarding them with a trip. The whole participation trophy excuse is bs. The amount of work these kids put in they deserve a reward. as much as people say no one cares obviously someone watching them or else they would not have so many.

There are a couple of things I would like to change to make bowl season better. First is no conference ties. Make bowl match ups that make sense. Have an independent selection committee that place teams based on records. No more 7-5 team playing a 10-2 team. Then after that try to get some interesting games. For example last year have Penn State matched up with Pitt. Or a good story line if Penn State had a similar record to Vanderbilt let them play. Also let teams go to places that they haven't been in years. It seems like every year Wisconsin is playing in either Orlando or Tempa.

Next would be not allow schools to talk to current head coaches or announce new head coaches until after bowl games are complete. Teams playing with no head coach is a joke. Now if a school can't name a new coach until after a date then there is no rush to fire a coach.

Reactions: LionJim
Illy, off-topic here, but I see where the Kansas Jayhawks hoops team got a commitment from the #1 prospect in the Class of 2016, Josh Jackson. Not quite as athletic as Wiggins was (who is?) but may be a better overall prospect; plays good defense and offense.

With Duke and Kentucky also having huge recruiting years, it looks like the 3 traditional powers will be highly ranked; 2017 probably won't be a year where the #1 ranking gets passed around so much. Of course, that doesn't mean that someone else couldn't sneak up and win the NCAA Tournament.

Illy, off-topic here, but I see where the Kansas Jayhawks hoops team got a commitment from the #1 prospect in the Class of 2016, Josh Jackson. Not quite as athletic as Wiggins was (who is?) but may be a better overall prospect; plays good defense and offense.

With Duke and Kentucky also having huge recruiting years, it looks like the 3 traditional powers will be highly ranked; 2017 probably won't be a year where the #1 ranking gets passed around so much. Of course, that doesn't mean that someone else couldn't sneak up and win the NCAA Tournament.

I knew he was going to make a decision today. Wiggins really had a disappointing career at KU, but he has certainly bloomed in the NBA.....I honestly never thought he'd be this good, especially this quickly. Well, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. Having that kind of athletic ability is beyond the scope of my imagination.

Hope you and yours are doing well!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT