ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi manages to be right and get humiliated for it by Deion

I don’t necessarily disagree with the talent assessment. We’re not like Georgia or Ohio State where we’re guaranteed to beat every team we’re better than. I’m still fine with the overall recruiting, though. They know how to identify talent; just today, The Athletic did a re-ranking of the 2019 recruiting classes and Pitt came in at #9. I think we’re headed in the right direction.
Just looked at your ranking. It is early but that is certainly a good start. A lot of signings with out a lot of 4s though. I still don’t see how the identify talent line matches with past records. In Narducci’s tenure, Pitt has played at their recruiting rankings and not above. So I’m not seeing Pitt having more diamonds in the rough than teams with similar recruiting. You don’t produce that many players on NFL rosters. Remember Temple has about the same amount.

I don't believe that Pitt intentionally goes after 3stars and under the radar guys because that's what they really want. They offer all these low 3stars because their chances of getting more than 2 or 3 4stars is minimal. Narduzzi once said I don't recruit stars, I recruit character. Total bullshit. He has no choice. This year, like all past years, the vast majority of PSU commits have Pitt offers. You wanna guess how many Pitt commits this year have COMMITABLE PSU offers? Answer: None, including Lindsey.

Reactions: bytir
I don't believe that Pitt intentionally goes after 3stars and under the radar guys because that's what they really want. They offer all these low 3stars because their chances of getting more than 2 or 3 4stars is minimal. Narduzzi once said I don't recruit stars, I recruit character. Total bullshit. He has no choice. This year, like all past years, the vast majority of PSU commits have Pitt offers. You wanna guess how many Pitt commits this year have COMMITABLE PSU offers? Answer: None, including Lindsey.
This 100%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT