ADVERTISEMENT

Nardoozi plans to talk to officials before game about PSU Olinemen illegally downfield

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Narduzzi said he has seen Penn State get away with penalties, linemen illegally downfield on pass plays, when offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead calls an RPO.

"I can show you tape of linemen downfield 5 yards and the umpire looking (the other way)," Narduzzi said. "The ball has been thrown over (to the other side of the field).

"It really confuses not only the defense but the officials. I think officials have trouble doing their job."

Narduzzi said he will have a conversation with the officials before the game to alert them to the possibility of Penn State offensive linemen straying too far from the line of scrimmage.

"I don't know if they will listen to me, but we will have a conversation," he said.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-penn-state-pitt-qbs-20160909-story.html

Narduzzi said he has seen Penn State get away with penalties, linemen illegally downfield on pass plays, when offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead calls an RPO.

"I can show you tape of linemen downfield 5 yards and the umpire looking (the other way)," Narduzzi said. "The ball has been thrown over (to the other side of the field).

"It really confuses not only the defense but the officials. I think officials have trouble doing their job."

Narduzzi said he will have a conversation with the officials before the game to alert them to the possibility of Penn State offensive linemen straying too far from the line of scrimmage.

"I don't know if they will listen to me, but we will have a conversation," he said.

That guy is a loon.

Reactions: biacto

If he looses this game, he will be a complete and utter f--king joke. No media. The negative recruiting. His take on the rivalry. If he loses, he should just pack up his crap and leave as this game is the end all for him. WTF are they going to do in week 3? It's almost as if his season ends this Saturday one way or the other.

Last edited:

The rules are pretty clear as to what constitutes "Ineligible Receiver Downfield" so what's Spaz The @sshole attempting to imply, that the officials aren't aware of a very basic, well-known rule??? This guy is such a "drama queen", POS @sshole it isn't even funny!

Reactions: biacto
He cries to the officials every single play anyway. They should be warning him about straying on to the field! He is a madman out there.

Reactions: EPC FAN
I think our friend Stink, in his review of Kent, stated the same exact thing. RPO seemed to be the culprit.

Something to watch for

Reactions: gogolion
"Notes: Narduzzi made a plea to Pitt fans: "They need to wear the blue and gold and be obnoxious,"

HUH????? He told his fans to be obnoxious?????? WTF?!?!

Isn't that going directly against what the pitt AD asked the pitt students and fans the other day?

Reactions: psu00
Tell him to ask them about the holding rules as well. I'll be darned if I can figure that one out.

"Notes: Narduzzi made a plea to Pitt fans: "They need to wear the blue and gold and be obnoxious,"

I can see fights and plenty of lack of sportsmanship from fans and the team could be a violent atmosphere, much more important than linemen downfield.

Last edited:

That AH is also a PricK

HUH????? He told his fans to be obnoxious?????? WTF?!?!
The quote is in the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. Yeah, it goes against what the chancellor said, who should tell Narduzzi to publically retract that statement.

Reactions: BBrown

Nardoozi, a self-absorbed a$$hole, is obsessed with this game. He sees it as his way out of the pitt cesspool. If he manages to win this game it sets him up for a job offer at a real football school. If he loses, then ADs will say he can't win even when he is favored. The pressure is on Nardoozi and he seems to be cracking up. It wouldn't surprise me if pitt is losing that Nardoozi pulls a Woody Hayes moment and does something totally crazy.

He may end up being a good football coach, I don't know. But, he strikes me as a one dimensional type of individual, and shall we say, intellectually bankrupt.

I think our friend Stink, in his review of Kent, stated the same exact thing. RPO seemed to be the culprit.

Something to watch for
Maybe Narduzzi should call the police, if what he sees shakes him so thoroughly.

someone should really forward that "be obnoxious" quote to the chancellor and see what he responds with.

Reactions: BBrown
He may end up being a good football coach, I don't know. But, he strikes me as a one dimensional type of individual, and shall we say, intellectually bankrupt.

He's definitely intellectually bankrupt. He follows ME on twitter, I can't respect anybody that stoops that low.

Reactions: nits74
someone should really forward that "be obnoxious" quote to the chancellor and see what he responds with.

Even better. Hold on to that quote and link to the paper for Sunday and Monday as the stories start to become public about the Pitt fan behavior on Saturday. Then forward to their chancellor. He can add it to his apology (which is likely half written already in anticipation). ;)

Now that is pathetic!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT