ADVERTISEMENT

Nardooche going high again-dissing our receivers

Dooz shook hands and hugged players after the game. Didn't a Pitt fan in another thread claim that meant he was a class act? If so, he'd never diss anyone. o_O

Haha, "going high". Should we all start throwing shit like monkies at a zoo now? "Waaaah, look at the mean words."

Indeed, in addition to that quarterback-receiver combination that helped Oklahoma State light up Pitt for 540 passing yards a year ago in Stillwater, Okla., Narduzzi noted he thinks Cowboys sophomore running back Justice Hill “is going to be fastest tailback we face this year.

Newsflash: Saquon Barkley isn’t slow and showed as much in Pitt’s 33-14 lossSaturday at Penn State. And like Oklahoma State, the Nittany Lions passing attack is also considered among the best in the country, but Narduzzi believes it’s just “different talent” visiting the North Shore at noon Saturday than the Panthers saw at Beaver Stadium.

“I think the Big 12, ACC, athletically compared to the Big Ten — and I coached in it for eight years — those receivers are going to be a little bit different. I mean, we didn’t have problems locking down the No. 1 receiver Saturday, did we?” Narduzzi explained. “And I haven’t had troubles in the past, but when you’re talking about locking down some of the NFL wideouts that have come out of the Atlantic Coast Conference, and I compare it to what we saw last year out there [in Stillwater], I know now.”

He's an ass clown. The number one receiver was probably the Tight End, who killed them. Penn State went pretty vanilla knowing Pitt couldn't do much of anything.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I will say this...and go ahead and flame away at me....I thought our guys underperformed big time. Yes, we won and won by a comfortable margin but we should have defeated them by more. I give them credit for keeping the ball for what almost 3/4 of the game and thus limiting our opportunities on offense. But we know they game planned all off season for this one game.

Haha, "going high". Should we all start throwing shit like monkies at a zoo now? "Waaaah, look at the mean words."

Indeed, in addition to that quarterback-receiver combination that helped Oklahoma State light up Pitt for 540 passing yards a year ago in Stillwater, Okla., Narduzzi noted he thinks Cowboys sophomore running back Justice Hill “is going to be fastest tailback we face this year.

Newsflash: Saquon Barkley isn’t slow and showed as much in Pitt’s 33-14 lossSaturday at Penn State. And like Oklahoma State, the Nittany Lions passing attack is also considered among the best in the country, but Narduzzi believes it’s just “different talent” visiting the North Shore at noon Saturday than the Panthers saw at Beaver Stadium.

“I think the Big 12, ACC, athletically compared to the Big Ten — and I coached in it for eight years — those receivers are going to be a little bit different. I mean, we didn’t have problems locking down the No. 1 receiver Saturday, did we?” Narduzzi explained. “And I haven’t had troubles in the past, but when you’re talking about locking down some of the NFL wideouts that have come out of the Atlantic Coast Conference, and I compare it to what we saw last year out there [in Stillwater], I know now.”
I know. He's such a freakin tool

Just went to the Liar for the first time since the game...., comedy gold! It's Tuesday and they are still in meltdown mode.

Doozie going high is still pretty freaking hilarious too.

What a bunch of hillbillies!

Reactions: PSUoh90

Dude is working with what he has, which isn't much. Ask him what he thinks about ACC tight ends.

I will say this...and go ahead and flame away at me....I thought our guys underperformed big time. Yes, we won and won by a comfortable margin but we should have defeated them by more. I give them credit for keeping the ball for what almost 3/4 of the game and thus limiting our opportunities on offense. But we know they game planned all off season for this one game.

I agree with the with your post in every way.

But I just don't want to give Pitt any extra credit. T.O.P. was almost 2/3 not 3/4. (36.1% vs. 63.9%)

Eh. There are many ways to win a game. Our special teams were outstanding. Their average starting field position was their own 16 yards line. We held them to something like 3.8 yards per play, which is outstanding. Quadree Henderson, who drilled us last year was held to something like 30 yards of total offense.

Biggest things I see:

1) McSorley's inaccuracy and lack of calmness in the pocket. Several time he had a clean pocket and ran out to the side early, causing him to throw the ball out of bounds.
2) Way too many missed tackles, several that could have ended drives. Apke, Farmer, Bowen, many others.
3) I'd like to see them get out of an RPO instead of taking 5 yard losses on those handoffs. Hard for me to believe that jailbreak can't be diagnosed at the LOS.

Again, a 19 point win against a power 5 opponent who threw everything into that game....you'll take that.

I agree. I thought we looked pretty lousy. Barkley with 5 touches in the first half bugged me and McSorley didn't look great. I'm not always a huge fan of the read option run plays (takes too long/too many 2nd and 13s) and at times would like to just line up pro set and get the ball to Barkley quick with handoffs and pitches and let him run. I would have liked to have seen 60-10 but it is what it is.

But we still won by 19 and Pitt was never really a threat, so what the heck!

Eh. There are many ways to win a game. Our special teams were outstanding. Their average starting field position was their own 16 yards line. We held them to something like 3.8 yards per play, which is outstanding. Quadree Henderson, who drilled us last year was held to something like 30 yards of total offense.

Biggest things I see:

1) McSorley's inaccuracy and lack of calmness in the pocket. Several time he had a clean pocket and ran out to the side early, causing him to throw the ball out of bounds.
2) Way too many missed tackles, several that could have ended drives. Apke, Farmer, Bowen, many others.
3) I'd like to see them get out of an RPO instead of taking 5 yard losses on those handoffs. Hard for me to believe that jailbreak can't be diagnosed at the LOS.

Again, a 19 point win against a power 5 opponent who threw everything into that game....you'll take that.

#3 is my biggest complaint with this offense. Too many 2nd and 13s for my liking. A team like Bama would eat us up with all those negative plays.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
saying he had no problem stopping our #1 receiver and that big ten can't compare to ACC receivers

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...gton-Pittsburgh-Panthers/stories/201709110184

He's bragging about only losing by 3 scores.......LMAO!, what a classless, poor-loser tool. Pathetic.

BTW, what does Trace missing wide-open receiver after wide-open receiver in the 1st Half have to do with ASWP d-backs stopping our #1 receiver or any of our receivers for that matter? BTW, NarDoo-Doo is FACTUALLY WRONG - our leading returning receiver from last year in terms of both yardage and # of catches was All-American Mike Gesicki and far from "shutting him down", Gesicki light-up ASWP like a Christmas Tree and their d-backs were unable to handle him either before or after he caught the ball. BTW, Hamilton is the 2nd leading returning receiver from last year's team in terms of both catches and yardage.....and ASWP didn't contain him either.

Reactions: bplionfan

Biggest things I see:

Forget which game I was watching, but I think it was the Auburn-Clemson game, Auburn was running an RPO Offense exclusively out of the gun and on several plays, they had the ball snapped directly to the RB instead of the QB such that it created an almost "draw" like play for the RB (defenders coming straight up the field with lane-discipline anticipating pass and running themselves out of the "draw play" to the RB). This play would fit really well into JoMo's playbook and hope he investigates it and adds it. Sometimes the QB-RB exchange is too slow off the gun such that rushing and blitzing defenders who would have run themselves out of the play off a direct-snap to the RB are still in the play with the slow developing QB-RB Read-Option handoff deep in the backfield.

Reactions: Judge Smails

Biggest things I see:

This post is the most accurate post I've seen since the Pitt game. I agree on all points. If Nick Scott is a better tackler, then Nick Scott needs more playing time. I love Troy on coverage, so there has to be some kind of better personnel adjustments that Pry needs to do. It's nitpicking, but it's going to matter down the line.

"Duzzer the Loser"....

The Pussy in the man that he can't repress.... comes to the fore. "Pitt. Yawn!"

Forget which game I was watching, but I think it was the Auburn-Clemson game, Auburn was running an RPO Offense exclusively out of the gun and on several plays, they had the ball snapped directly to the RB instead of the QB such that it created an almost "draw" like play for the RB (defenders coming straight up the field with lane-discipline anticipating pass and running themselves out of the "draw play" to the RB). This play would fit really well into JoMo's playbook and hope he investigates it and adds it. Sometimes the QB-RB exchange is too slow off the gun such that rushing and blitzing defenders who would have run themselves out of the play off a direct-snap to the RB are still in the play with the slow developing QB-RB Read-Option handoff deep in the backfield.

I think I saw Oklahoma run that play with some success against Ohio State as well. Or maybe that was the game you saw it.

In the second half, I think you saw one way to get around defenses loading players at the LOS and running multiple guys inside the guards to blow up the RPO action.....let the DE go unblocked, pull the offensive line one way to block for McSorley if he keeps the ball, and give the ball to Barkley to haul ass the other direction. Think he had 3 or 4 runs like that over 15 yards. Might help to keep the defense honest.

Flamer! ;)

PSU was 1-0 last week. The Pitt game is old news. Let's stop talking about that has-been MAC-quality dumpster fire led by an unpolished, temper tantrum throwing loser.
GA ST, GA ST, GA ST!!!

Sure enough.
IOWA, IOWA, IOWA!

Pitt didn't lock down squat. McSorley passes sailed 300 ft.above our receivers on Sat. If McSorley just had a average game passing PSU would of won by 30.

Biggest things I see:

I was pretty much going to say the same things. That was as bad as Trace has looked since Michigan. He also seemed to have open receivers but would look at them and then decide not to make the throw like he had lost some confidence or something. He did look better toward the middle part of the third quarter and into the fourth though.

As far as tackling it was like we weren't devoted to gang tackling and everyone running towards the ball until they got in the redzone.

Plenty of things to work on but like you said ultimately you have to be very happy with a 19 point win when you didn't have your best game. Especially against a power 5 opponent that was looking for another key chain.

They did not shut down our number one receiver at all. We barely played our number one receiver and didn't throw to him at all. We haven't thrown the ball to our number one receiver yet this year and right now for whatever reason our number one receiver is running with the second team.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
When I visited PSU for National Signing Day in 2016, Pitt fans were sending profane faxes to the Lions’ football offices. Pitt cares. A lot. So does Temple, and for that matter, so do Rutgers and Maryland.

So yeah, if you at some point blew out/upset/both the Nittany Lions before they got good again, they damn sure remember, they’re probably going to get you back, and they’re almost certainly going to tell everyone that doing so didn’t really matter in the first place.

I think I saw Oklahoma run that play with some success against Ohio State as well. Or maybe that was the game you saw it.

In the second half, I think you saw one way to get around defenses loading players at the LOS and running multiple guys inside the guards to blow up the RPO action.....let the DE go unblocked, pull the offensive line one way to block for McSorley if he keeps the ball, and give the ball to Barkley to haul ass the other direction. Think he had 3 or 4 runs like that over 15 yards. Might help to keep the defense honest.
Credit to Andrew Callahan. Gotta give credit where it is due.

I was pretty much going to say the same things. That was as bad as Trace has looked since Michigan. He also seemed to have open receivers but would look at them and then decide not to make the throw like he had lost some confidence or something. He did look better toward the middle part of the third quarter and into the fourth though.

As far as tackling it was like we weren't devoted to gang tackling and everyone running towards the ball until they got in the redzone.

Plenty of things to work on but like you said ultimately you have to be very happy with a 19 point win when you didn't have your best game. Especially against a power 5 opponent that was looking for another key chain.

Not only a ton of over-throws, but he missed a completely wide open SayQuon SayGone running utterly free down the center of the field as Todd Blackledge pointed out during the telecast.

Which WR is our #1, exactly? I don't seem to remember any specific one being targeted drastically more than the other ones, which would imply that he is our go-to guy.

Funny how Gesicki was wide open twice in the red zone...

Strange that Barkley was alone in the seam on his 46 yarder... for a touchdown...

I guess Narduzzi read too many press clippings about Juwan Johnson having a great off season and how he was poised to ease the loss of Godwin. Sounds like he lost sight of the forest looking at one tree. Our sincerest apologies. I didn't realize our offense was supposed to be solely reliant on a single player.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT