ADVERTISEMENT

Name a horrible movie with a great cast.

The Quick and the Dead
Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio

I liked it, but it was a crappy movie

I love that movie! Everyone plays their character tropes perfectly. It's cheesy but a ton of fun. Hackman needs to be in more stuff.

Reactions: BBrown
And runs really fast.

The funniest scene he was in that punctured any pretensions he had that he was athletic was to see him throw a baseball in War of the Worlds. Hahaha. Can’t believe he let that scene stay in.

It was like watching Bruce Springsteen throw in the Glory Days video

Better or worse than Kevin Spacey throwing a baseball in House of Cards?

Ocean’s 12.

That was the first movie that came to my mind. I didn't say it because I don't think it was horrible. Just not nearly as good as it could have been with that cast.

Born on the 4th of July, Magnolia, A Few Good Men, Top Gun, Risky Business, Collateral, Legend, Vanilla Sky, Rain Man, Far and Away, Tropic Thunder, Taps, The Outsiders, Losin’ It...are all very good to excellent movies.

You forgot Cocktail.

Elisabeth-Shue-Tom-Cruise-Cocktail-750x751.jpg

I think each individual character in the movie was great, and each actor is fabulous in their own right. However, the movie as a whole did nothing for me. As far as I can remember, it's the only movie I ever walked out of before it was finished.
The only one I ever walked out of was (I think) Fellini's Satryicon. A group of PSU friends (guys and gals) and I went down to that theater complex near Independence Hall. It was pretty gross, as I recall, which is why we all left. Possibly I'm remembering a different film, though. It was set in Roman times, however.

Art Fern:
Now back to our feature film! Woody Harrelson, Woody Allen, Woody Woodpecker, Woody Herman, Herman Munster, and Dumpo the Wonder Pigeon, in "Heidi Suffers an Estrogen Avalanche."

Pretty good cast. ;)

I think each individual character in the movie was great, and each actor is fabulous in their own right. However, the movie as a whole did nothing for me. As far as I can remember, it's the only movie I ever walked out of before it was finished.

‘ro, if you ever saw Gene Hackman in the final few minutes of the movie, you might change your mind.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Back in the early 90's there was this loser called "Nothing But Trouble," scenes of which were shot over in Schuylkill Co. It was a puker to be sure but how about Chevy Chase, John Candy, Dan Aykroyd, and Demi Moore? Pretty good cast one would think for a comedy. Terrible movie.

Independence Day. Great cast and one of the worst movies ever made. Totally ridiculous. I love how they show a crop duster pilot learning to fly a F-16 in a few hours. Better yet, downloading a virus from a laptop on to an alien ship onboard computer. Totally ridiculous movie.

Independence Day. Great cast and one of the worst movies ever made. Totally ridiculous. I love how they show a crop duster pilot learning to fly a F-16 in a few hours. Better yet, downloading a virus from a laptop on to an alien ship onboard computer. Totally ridiculous movie.
Yeah, those things were unbelievable compared to the mind controlling aliens with the moon sized mother ship. :)

I kid, I kid.... But didn't the Randy Quaid character fly fighters in Vietnam or something? That would at least explain that, and hey, who' s to say alien computers aren't as vulnerable to hackers as ours.

Back in the early 90's there was this loser called "Nothing But Trouble," scenes of which were shot over in Schuylkill Co. It was a puker to be sure but how about Chevy Chase, John Candy, Dan Aykroyd, and Demi Moore? Pretty good cast one would think for a comedy. Terrible movie.

And Digital Undergound!

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
My wife and I once rented Tree of Life with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. Somehow it’s been named to some greatest movies lists, won the Palme D’Or at Cannes, and was nominated for Best Picture. We had to turn it off it was so bad. It kept flashing between the 50’s or 60’s and dinosaurs. I couldn’t tell which dinosaur was Brad Pitt.

I am a Tarantino fan, but I think he needs to stay away from westerns.
At first I thought The Hateful Eight was just disappointing; but after seeing it again, and various scenes several times I think it simply was not a good movie. You all know who is in it.

But...Mad Dog Time (which I can kinda enjoy somehow) was voted worst movie of the year by Siskel & Ebert, with a cast of
Richard Dreyfuss, Ellen Barkin, Gabriel Byrne, Jeff Goldblum, Diane Lane,
Gregory Hines, Burt Reynolds, Kyle McLachlin, Michael J. Pollard and Henry Silva, with brief appearances by everyone from Rob Reiner, Joey Bishop, and Paul Anka to Richard Pryor, Billy Idol and Angie Everhart

Look at this cast. Must be a great movie, right:
Jack Nicholson, Natalie Portman, Pierce Brosnan, Sarah Jessica Parker, Glenn Close, Danny DeVito, Michael J. Fox, Jack Black, Martin Short, Christina Applegate, Pam Grier...
mars_attacks-2.jpg

Sure it was a spoof...but even spoofs can be bad. And that one was a stinker.

Reactions: Nitt1300
My wife and I once rented Tree of Life with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. Somehow it’s been named to some greatest movies lists, won the Palme D’Or at Cannes, and was nominated for Best Picture. We had to turn it off it was so bad. It kept flashing between the 50’s or 60’s and dinosaurs. I couldn’t tell which dinosaur was Brad Pitt.

Actors line up to work with Terrence Malik. He's definitely an acquire taste, but I loved The Thin Red Line. Tree of Life and more recently Knight of Cups aren't movies as much as they are a series of existential monologues. Again - Knight of Cups had: Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Natalie Portman, Brian Dennehy, Frida Pinto, Wes Bentley, and Imogen Poots.

Basically Knight of Cups

Richard-TerrenceMalickKnightofCups.jpg

Look at this cast. Must be a great movie, right:
Jack Nicholson, Natalie Portman, Pierce Brosnan, Sarah Jessica Parker, Glenn Close, Danny DeVito, Michael J. Fox, Jack Black, Martin Short, Christina Applegate, Pam Grier...
mars_attacks-2.jpg

Sure it was a spoof...but even spoofs can be bad. And that one was a stinker.

You forgot Lisa Marie...

Q9Xq.gif

I am a Tarantino fan, but I think he needs to stay away from westerns.
At first I thought The Hateful Eight was just disappointing; but after seeing it again, and various scenes several times I think it simply was not a good movie. You all know who is in it.
I think “The Hateful Eight” is an awful movie.

Reactions: Nitt1300
Couldn't disagree a lot more.
You’re not alone. It was just too gratuitously violent and heartless for me, all those Hollywood coincidences to what end? It’s as if he’d forgotten how to tell a story, and instead threw scenes together one after the other. Just so you know, I think “Jackie Brown” is a great movie, now that’s real storytelling.

Last edited:
You’re not alone. It was just too gratuitously violent and heartless for me, all those Hollywood coincidences to what end? It’s as if he’d forgotten how to tell a story, and instead threw scenes together one after the other. Just so you know, I think “Jackie Brown” is s great movie, now that’s real storytelling.

Fair enough. Tarantino certainly enjoys his gratuitous violence.

I had to see The Notebook in the theater. My wife demanded it. Great actors, and I have always really liked James Garner, but it was a long, awful and depressing snorefest.

The Birdcage

Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, Gene Hackman, Hank Azaria, Calista Flockhart.

Just not an enjoyable movie for me.
The original “La Cage aux Folles” wasn’t good either. I only remember that film because it was required viewing for a “Visual & Auditory Arts” summer short-course I took at my local college that allowed me to satisfy an elective at PSU.

Last edited:
Heat.

Wasn’t exactly terrible but was a major disappointment IMO with that cast
Some more highlights from PSUcup1's list of disappointing movies:

Shawshank Redemption
The Godfather I and II
Schindler's List
It's a Wonderful Life
No Country for Old Men

;)

Love Actually. A bunch of big stars, slick editing and a welling soundtrack can't mask the fact that the stories that are interwoven are either completely stupid, involve horrible people, or both.

Expectations were too high. Deniro and Pacino were at their peaks, so the I think we were expecting the moon. Good movie, not great. But a great pic....

heat.jpg

recently saw it in theaters . . . phenomenal film, great character study, superb acting from the entire cast, and damn, that shootout in the middle of the film . . . best gunfight in cinema . . . they actually use it to train troops overseas on how to fight your way out of an ambush in an urban environment

Reactions: Creek Side
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT