ADVERTISEMENT

N. Dakota slamming QU @ the frozen 2!

Why is Wisconsin's emblem at mid ice if the game is in Tampa?

As an aside- I love how the North Dakota fans all have their Sioux jerseys on in the crowd including near the bench so it's on tv. Nice way to stick it to the NCAA and Emmert. ;)

Reactions: Ski
I'm now a big North Dakota fan. Their fans just started cheering "Sioux forever!!" over and over as the trophy was presented to them. Totally sticking it to the NCAA. (Emmert didn't make an appearance with the trophy like at the bball).

Reactions: Ski
North Dakota was just dominate in this game. I hope PSU hockey can get to this level at some point in the near future. I have always cheered for North Dakota when it comes to hockey and the way they played today, the way the fans travel and the support they show for the school make it easy to root for this team.

Reactions: psu00
I'm now a big North Dakota fan. Their fans just started cheering "Sioux forever!!" over and over as the trophy was presented to them. Totally sticking it to the NCAA. (Emmert didn't make an appearance with the trophy like at the bball).
Emmert's so stupid he likely would think the chant was "sue forever". After all, how many groups are currently suing Emmert/NCAA?

Why is Wisconsin's emblem at mid ice if the game is in Tampa?

As an aside- I love how the North Dakota fans all have their Sioux jerseys on in the crowd including near the bench so it's on tv. Nice way to stick it to the NCAA and Emmert. ;)

I found that curious too but it's typically the "host" school that gets its logo on the basketball court, ice/boards, etc in these NCAA hoops and hockey. It looks like Wisconsin co hosted this Frozen Four with the Tampa Bay visitors bureau. For the Frozen Four, this isn't that uncommon to host something so far away from home. The Alaska schools hosted the tournament in Anaheim several years back.

Just speculation here, but I think it's possible the school was pushed to move the event from Madison to Tampa when Tampa put on a great event a few years ago and they wanted it back there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT