ADVERTISEMENT

My theories on why Franklin has lost his spark...and his team!

WJL

Oct 2, 2001
I believe there a number of reasons for this season's results thus far. I put most it on Franklin and his lack of passion for the following reasons:
1 - Franklin is petrified of the COVID-19 virus and its effect on him, his family and his players. As a result, he has been disproportionately more concerned about disease prevention than team preparation.
2 - Franklin has seen the university's response to his friend and colleague Pat Chambers resulting from what should have been the Bolton non-incident. He may be waiting for the other shoe to drop on him from the Humphries situation.
3 - Listening to him and some of his players, his social justice emphasis this year may be a distraction for the team. I hope I'm wrong about this one.
4 - His disappointment in some of his players' off field conduct and his apparent lack of disciplining them may have disillusioned him on coaching at Penn State and further fractured the team.

In addition to the above, he has now lost 4 of his 6 top returning offensive weapons with a fifth playing worse than many true freshman QB's in the B1G. Both his offense and defense look like they're trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

It is time for James to resign and move on or take a sabbatical. Put JoePa's statue back up and give Urbs a call. I can live with his shenanigans at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News