ADVERTISEMENT

My takes on last night.

Roar More

Aug 19, 2004
I was nicely surprised by the number of ASU kids smiling during the pre-match introductory handshakes.

RBY's finger wagging led me to believe, rightly or wrongly, there may have been some things said to him during recruiting since he is an AZ guy.

Rec Hall was really loud last night. We were nearly as loud for Schnupp's reversal as Hall's final ride out.

Zeke Jones acts more like a court jester than a coach.

Nearly everyone stayed until the end.

We have won the four duals by a combined score of 178-9!

Aside from Berge who was solid but has the talent to open it up more for sure, I think that is the best top to bottom dual performance I have seen in a while. Hey it was his first home dual I'm sure you had some nerves, the other kid was solid, and he looked to be wrestling conservative I suspect he'll grow and really put on some shows in the near future.

Sure there were a few fireworks missing, we had several 13 point margin victories sniffing TF, no pin for Nolf, but wow, what a team performance.

I can't put the proper words to it but I couldn't be more proud of Mark Hall's effort what a fantastic match he had, very impressive!

Reactions: diggerpup
And to add one more, Schnupp probably has been taken down more than the rest of the starters combined. Not a knock a Devin, but an acknowledgement of how awesome the rest of the team is.

Reactions: doublehaul
Aside from Berge who was solid but has the talent to open it up more for sure, I think that is the best top to bottom dual performance I have seen in a while. Hey it was his first home dual I'm sure you had some nerves, the other kid was solid, and he looked to be wrestling conservative I suspect he'll grow and really put on some shows in the near future.

Sure there were a few fireworks missing, we had several 13 point margin victories sniffing TF, no pin for Nolf, but wow, what a team performance.

I can't put the proper words to it but I couldn't be more proud of Mark Hall's effort what a fantastic match he had, very impressive!

As an aficionado myself....I suspect you have never wrote a word salad you didnt like.

#passtheranch

And to add one more, Schnupp probably has been taken down more than the rest of the starters combined. Not a knock a Devin, but an acknowledgement of how awesome the rest of the team is.
not sure about that... take away the takedowns the team had with each other (verk/Berge, Nevills/Cassar) haven't seen it too often!

Reactions: diggerpup
I was nicely surprised by the number of ASU kids smiling during the pre-match introductory handshakes.

RBY's finger wagging led me to believe, rightly or wrongly, there may have been some things said to him during recruiting since he is an AZ guy.

Rec Hall was really loud last night. We were nearly as loud for Schnupp's reversal as Hall's final ride out.

Zeke Jones acts more like a court jester than a coach.

Nearly everyone stayed until the end.

We have won the four duals by a combined score of 178-9!
had never seen zeke coach before. wasn't impressed. acted like a third brands separated at birth. yippin & yappin like a chihuahua, strolling to mid-mat with a fist in the air, constantly berating officials or coaching from that position. can't believe the officials put up with that crap.

had never seen zeke coach before. wasn't impressed. acted like a third brands separated at birth. yippin & yappin like a chihuahua, strolling to mid-mat with a fist in the air, constantly berating officials or coaching from that position. can't believe the officials put up with that crap.

There was one point in time (I think it was during the review on Cenzo's danger position takedown and back points, where he was definitely deserving of a team point being taken for his shenanigans and his unwillingness to accept the officials' answer. I respect the guy for his wrestling credentials and everyone says that he's a really good guy, which I accept, but I also felt that he looked like a Brands brother out there last night with some of the silliness.

I thought Zeke was fine. Just standing up for his team against an unbelievable PS team in maybe the toughest environment to wrestle in.

Agree. Zeke getting spirited and feisty in the face of the onslaught they we're facing was probably a challenge to get his team to do the same. Can't expect him to be stoic under those circumstances.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Agree. Zeke getting spirited and feisty in the face of the onslaught they we're facing was probably a challenge to get his team to do the same. Can't expect him to be stoic under those circumstances.
Maybe a little embarrassed about how his move of Milhoff to 133 did not work out?

As noted elsewhere, Zeke was not expecting 41-3.

Maybe a little embarrassed about how his move of Milhoff to 133 did not work out?

As noted elsewhere, Zeke was not expecting 41-3.
Zeke is wayyy overrated....We should have had A LOT more Oly champs under him....A lot....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT