ADVERTISEMENT

My last post ever here (or on on3) - see you all down the road (I guess this is my Opus) ...

MtNittany

May 29, 2001
I wanted to do a last jukebox next week, but what's the point? It's been bastardized to the point where it it isn't doable. No bad feelings to the perps - they like their music, I like mine. I just always wanted it to be more of a 60-70's thing .

Allow this poser PSU football coach to go to USC for $8M/year. Hire Bill O'Brien, Mike Leach, or Mike Gundy - even Joe Moorhead at the end of the year and at least allow me enjoy PSU Football again. JVP would have won 2 MNC's in his prime w/ the talent on campus in the last 8 years.

PSU gets nothing - which is just what they deserve. Because like everything they pay for - there is no accountability.

Here's my parting shot (just to show you how it's done):

To my friends here - I will see you down the road. To my pretend, online enemies - I probably won't, but maybe I will - who knows. I wish all of you and your families nothing but the best regardless.

See ya. You're ALL Gentle on my Mind.

MtNittany

Last edited:
I wanted to do a last jukebox next week, but what's the point? It's been bastardized to the point where it it isn't doable. No bad feelings to the perps - they like their music, I like mine. I just always wanted it to be more of a 60-70's thing .

Allow this poser PSU football coach to go to USC for $8M/year. Hire Bill O'Brien, Mike Leach, or Mike Gundy - even Joe Moorhead at the end of the year and at least allow me enjoy PSU Football again. JVP would have won 2 MNC's in his prime w/ the talent on campus in the last 8 years.

PSU gets nothing - which is just what they deserve. Because like everything they pay for - there is no accountability.

To my friends here - I will see you down the road. To my pretend, online enemies - I probably won't, but maybe I will - who knows. I wish all of you and your families nothing but the best regardless.

See ya.

MtNittany
Great clip.

Unfortunately, for the most part I agree with you. I am more into 70’s music but also like 60s music.

I think it is time for CJF to go. Tiring of unprepared and uninspired play by the team. May have a lot of talent, but a lot of times the team doesn’t play up to their supposed talent level, which is an indicator of suboptimal coaching.

I am also tired of the yearly drama of will he stay or will he go.

I'm hoping you'll reconsider down the road, but understand. I took a multi-year break myself a few years back. The things that brought me to that decision passed and I realized I had overlooked the things, mostly the people here that I enjoyed interacting with. With the use of 'Ignore' I am now able to avoid the 'downers'.
I do agree with wishing JF well and would prefer something happen sooner than later. I could only watch part of the on field interview. There was no fire, no passion. He's saying the same tired things with no emotion. Emotion is important and must be used in appropriate situations. I think today fit that need. I know nothing about coaching, but I worked long enough and hired and managed enough folks expected to lead to have a reasonable sense for when someone has detached themself from the job. Whether he's doing it because he has or is just using it for leverage, doesn't matter. The staff, or in this case the players, can likely sense it as well.
Wish you the best MtNittany. Until we meet again.
P.S. Great song choice. Glen's last chapters were very moving.

MtNittany
Here's mine for you...LMAO...

Thanks fac,
Stay dry.,…..Step
InfiniteSandyDonkey-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Fac
In the 20 years I have been on this board, I have seen virtual friendships and virtual enemies created.

@MtNittany - we have had our moments of pure hostility and begruding acceptance. Truth be told, I think you are probably a good guy, and in person we may be able to have discussions in a manner that just can't be done virtually. We just have different viewpoints.

I will say I think you took an extremely unwarranted attack a while back by someone who attacked your business online, because they did not agree with some of your political views. I believe that was way over the top and I hoped you would go after that person (although I don't know how you would do that). I am sorry that some people feel they can do that. Makes me realize that some people distort virtuality from reality.

Good luck. Hope to see you in the next version of whatever the hell this is.

Ro

MtNittany
Very sorry to see you go my friend. I say my friend because despite never meeting that's how I feel. We have Penn State, Florida and great taste in music in common. :)

I would never in a million years dox myself on this board, and I'm sure you feel the same way....but I'm sure I'll find a way to stay in touch. If I'm ever down Jupiter way....

MtNittany

See you on On3.

Happy trails!

MtNittan

Good 1960s music deserves a home. Please carry on your tradition.

Reactions: bdgan

MtNittany

May the road rise up to meet you and the wind be always at your back, Bro.

As for seeing us down the road: never say never...

Reactions: psu00
Appreciated your stories, perspective, and of course …the jukebox. The board was decidedly better with your contributions. —Best wishes

Reactions: 91Joe95 and psu00

MtNittany
Rob, (yes, anyone can easily figure out who you are) don't make this your last post with this group. You bring much to the table and will be surely missed. Just take a break if needed and we'll see you on ON3 in the future.

Next time I'm passing by the Bluffs I'm going to knock on your door. I'll have a 6-pack in hand and a trunk load of stories.

Reactions: psu00

MtNittany

Hopefully see you ON3 ... need to meet up at Silverball have frosty beverages.

MtNittany
Good luck sir. I always thought you were a prick but it’s a messageboard, it isn’t the real you. We both like Penn State football, cats and 60s music. I am sure that is enough.
(I felt so bad when you lost your cat)

I’ll add a few songs to the jukebox

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT