ADVERTISEMENT

My glowing positivity for this program

CaryPSU

Jul 30, 2012
-Since that fateful day in Ann Arbor, in 2016: this team is 24-3(88.8%), and averaging 43ish pts/game.

-This team has made 2 consecutive NY6 games

-Our largest margin of defeat has been 3 points

-those 3 losses are by a combined 7 points

-2 games aside, all of the wins have been blowouts

-recruitment is at an all-time high

-ditto the above, for attendance

-we are 3-deep at every position

-while it’s highly inconsistent(and it wasn’t very good last night),there are LOTS and LOTS of young studs on D!

-this program seems to wear other teams down, by the 4th quarter

-CJF is a perfect fit, for this school/program

-the single-digit number to the left of the team name is there to stay for a long team

-the days of squeaking out 13-10 wins over B1G cellar-dwellers are well behind us

-We now belong on the field with any another blue-blood program

-PSU football is fun to watch, again!

WE ARE.......

-Since that fateful day in Ann Arbor, in 2016: this team is 24-3(88.8%), and averaging 43ish pts/game.

-while it’s highly inconsistent(and it wasn’t very good last night),there are LOTS and LOTS of young studs on D!

-the single-digit number to the left of the team name is there to stay for a long team

-the days of squeaking out 13-10 wins over B1G cellar-dwellers are well behind us

WE ARE.......
Bob hates us. You should too.

We are...

...20-20 in the red zone w/ 19 TD's
...averaging over 55 points per game

Come get some bucknuts.
We are ... half a great team. Do you turn the game off when the defense is on the field? I have to admit, sometimes I am tempted to do that.

"Come get some"? They'll get some.

They could win it all this year but my opinion is that this team is still one year away. Next year they are going to be loaded!

Reactions: marshall23

WE ARE.......
I gotta' admit, you nearly had me asking my wife if we could get season tickets again. If Sandy reads this Board, please make this guy Assistant Athletic Director in charge of Euphoria. Well done! :)

They could win it all this year but my opinion is that this team is still one year away. Next year they are going to be loaded!

Next year's team may be better but will have a tougher road.

If we win next week I think we have better than a 50% chance of going undefeated this year.

Reactions: Howie'81

WE ARE.......

tenor.gif

Reactions: wentzel25
We are...

...20-20 in the red zone w/ 19 TD's
...averaging over 55 points per game

Come get some bucknuts.
pretty amazing stat

remember when we had redzone struggles? remember when we had real troubles picking up 3rd and 1? I was thinking about that last night....its like night and day from now

Reactions: Option Bob
We have as many weapons on O as any team in the country. I think we have ample talent on D but plenty of room to still improve.

WE ARE.......

Looking forward to your multiple meltdowns next Saturday, CaryPSU, ncpennst8er or whatever alias you decide to post as that night.

Looking forward to your multiple meltdowns next Saturday, CaryPSU, ncpennst8er or whatever alias you decide to post as that night.
Only been on this board for about 2-3 weeks, so I have ZERO idea what your problem is, a$$hole!

We have as many weapons on O as any team in the country. I think we have ample talent on D but plenty of room to still improve.

I'm not sure about the "talent" on D. Talent needs to include playing smart -- ability to make a quick read, which I haven't seen yet, even from some guys that have been around for a while. Whether this actually materializes among the younger guys remains to be seen.

Talent on D includes making the tackle, not just running fast. Getting a defense that is both athletic and able to make a quick and correct read is the challenge. We routinely get one without the other.

Excluding the OL, offense is easier for "talented" athletes. The OL must make a quick read, knowing what his teammates will do in that situation, and then physically dominate.

I will agree though that guys without potential are harder to find on this team than in years past.

Next year's team may be better but will have a tougher road.

If we win next week I think we have better than a 50% chance of going undefeated this year.
If we win next week, regardless of the score, we will be told it was a fluke.

WE ARE.......
Agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT