ADVERTISEMENT

My dear uhlerlion and others

He's the best running back of all time and there's no debate. And to those holding on to nostalgia, it doesn't mean that the other guys did any less, nor does it change their greatness either.

I have seen many great backs in my day, but none with the combination of speed, strength, pass catching, elusiveness etc., etc., etc...... most complete player I have seen.

Waiting for the reply about a player from the 1950s who is somehow better. Don't get me wrong, players from that era were undoubtedly the best, in that era, but as far as all time, with modern nutrition, training techniques, etc, it is hard not to say that SB is the best ever.
Simple question for those who still don't agree. Let's say you are putting together an all-time PSU team, to play a game against another college's all-time best team (say Pitt, for example), who is your 1st running back choice?

Drops mike and walks off stage...

the man is a legend in his own time.....so happy that he plays for this team that I love so much

Reactions: Madsol
Anyone arguing Barkley was the GOAT clearly never watched Pete Mauthe lead us to back to back undefeated seasons in 1911-1912. He also served as punter and kicker. I haven't seen Barkley kick a ball yet, so nowhere near as a complete a player as Pete was!
Word is he is planning to punt the ball if we beat OSU in the shoe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT