ADVERTISEMENT

My brother, who has been a huge FSU fan since the 1980s, just texted me . . .

about how the Orange Bowl had to cancel a press conference and there's talk that FSU may boycott that game.
For 8 years they maxed out at 10 wins, with a bunch of shit seasons sprinkled in, all the while in a shit conference, and now they are throwing a hissy fit, and completely ignoring that they are without their best player.

Boo hoo.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
They have a legitimate argument about this year (and yes for a decade or so in the past they regularly beat up a bunch of weak sisters). Hell, Dabo and Clemson learned from them. But if they boycott the Orange Bowl, to me it’s one of those foolish “cut off your nose to spite your face” moments. Humans, the smartest and dumbest creatures on the planet.

If they go and beat Georgia in the Orange Bowl and if Texas or Alabama wins the CFP, I wouldn't be surprised to see FSU ranked #1 in either or both of the AP or the Coaches poll.

I don't think that either is obligated to rank the CFP winner as #1 (the Coaches were required to do so for the BCS era). Recall that in 2003, we had a split vote with LSU and USC despite the existence of the BCS.

about how the Orange Bowl had to cancel a press conference and there's talk that FSU may boycott that game.
I don't think they should do that. Their conference would lose big $ and will probably pressure them to play.

I don't think they should do that. Their conference would lose big $ and will probably pressure them to play.

FSU isn’t exactly happy with the ACC either. I could see them try to use this to lessen the punishment for leaving early. The conference likely balks at that but I wouldn’t put it past FSU to try and get some leverage from it.

I assume they’ll have a snit for a few days and then the push will be to beat Georgia and declare themselves national champs despite the playoff results.

For 8 years they maxed out at 10 wins, with a bunch of shit seasons sprinkled in, all the while in a shit conference, and now they are throwing a hissy fit, and completely ignoring that they are without their best player.

Boo hoo.
So it was okay for Clemson to win two NC’s with that but FSU doesn’t even deserve to get into the playoffs? Got it.

Reactions: doctornick
FSU isn’t exactly happy with the ACC either. I could see them try to use this to lessen the punishment for leaving early. The conference likely balks at that but I wouldn’t put it past FSU to try and get some leverage from it.

I assume they’ll have a snit for a few days and then the push will be to beat Georgia and declare themselves national champs despite the playoff results.

They need a home if they leave... Sounds like the SEC doesn't want them. I don't know if the Big Ten would take them.

Reactions: psu00
People need to take the tin foil hats off. They called it off because of a scheduling issue with the coaches. The PC was for a VIP event anyway.

FSU needs to play and beat Georgia. After the game declare themselves national champs. Georgia was the #1 team most of the year.

Boo hoo.
Your a shit fan throwing a hissy fit...
The difference in your case is: no one cares.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Boycotting does them no good. They should take the money for their conference and be creative with an in-game protest.

Reactions: step.eng69
If the boycott the game it's about an F you to the ACC not anything else. Probably hoping the ACC kicks them out

Georgia would probably be thrilled.

Reactions: lazydave841
Interesting. Their AD was on Sirius Radio and he sounded all in on the Orange Bowl.

Boycotting does them no good. They should take the money for their conference and be creative with an in-game protest.
Or, if they have the stones and win the Orange Bowl Challenge the winner of the CFP to a winner takes all bowl 💰 game plus if Florida State wins ESPN has to kick in $20 million just for the fun of it.
😂

Honestly, FSU can't opt out. They already accepted the bid. People claim FSU should sue the NCAA but FSU is going to lose a ton of money in a suit if they don't honor the deal. As a member of the ACC they're contractually obligated to attend.

Or, if they have the stones and win the Orange Bowl Challenge the winner of the CFP to a winner takes all bowl 💰 game plus if Florida State wins ESPN has to kick in $20 million just for the fun of it.
😂
Why anyone in the playoff need to win 2 games against real teams to play FSU if they beat a watered down FSU team?

It's not going to happen, but what would protocol be if every player opted out individually?

• Wow
Reactions: LMTLION
They should skirt the lines of what they can do. Ultimately, they desire to leave the conference. It's just a matter of how and when.

opting out of a bowl game doesn’t obligate a player to leave the program last I checked. Obviously it could open bigger discussions with the staff.
Pretty sure they can't opt out and stay on the roster. We've never once seen that happen

Probably best for FSU to boycott, if they don't play Georgia, regardless of other games they will declare themselves National Champs, if they play Georgia, they will get stomped 33 - 14 or something in that range. Then the committee will be vindicated and FSU cannot have that.

They need a home if they leave... Sounds like the SEC doesn't want them. I don't know if the Big Ten would take them.

Yeah, I don’t think they’ll get any significant result from it but they’ll try. I’d bet a lot of the ACC is secretly happy FSU got screwed.

The last time realignment hit it sounded like the SEC was all about Clemson and FSU due to their brands and likely UNC. If it was possible (GOR, buyout etc) I think the SEC would take FSU.

The FSU BOT is all in on getting out of the ACC. From what I’ve seen from FSU fans they’d far prefer the SEC.

I think the Big Ten would be crazy to turn them down.

Last edited:
Your a shit fan throwing a hissy fit...
The difference in your case is: no one cares.
It's "you're" you jackass. You always try to act like such a tough guy on the internet, in this case for somebody not getting offended on behalf of trashy Florida State, of all programs. 1,000 to 1 you would be nothing but a giant pussy in real life. Grow up!

FSU definitely got screwed, but the temper tantrums from this situation to the ACC GOR revenue share erode their reputation. The reality is they are stuck in the ACC until the mid 2030s. And even without the GOR issue it would be tough to get into the SEC depending on UF’s ability to form a block of schools that may against FSU.

It's "you're" you jackass. You always try to act like such a tough guy on the internet, in this case for somebody not getting offended on behalf of trashy Florida State, of all programs. 1,000 to 1 you would be nothing but a giant pussy in real life. Grow up!
Lol...
Such a rote wussy response...

I am so sorry for hurting the feelings of the CFP selection committee. I beg your forgiveness... 🚫... 😂

Who knew you were one of them or one of their Yes Men! 🙄 ?

So, you trash Florida State... tough guy!🥱

You are pissed because I don't proof read 😭... So, is my wife.

What a tragic life you have ... So, interesting 🥱, such a bold and inventive potty 👄...and mind you have there 😴.

😆 😂 😆 😂....

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
No one is going to care or remember that they boycotted the game. However, if they beat Georgia, people will remember and care.

No one is going to care or remember that they boycotted the game. However, if they beat Georgia, people will remember and care.
On the other hand, if you were expecting an iPhone 15 or Samsung Z fold 5 and ended up getting a Google Pixel phone it is hard to get excited about Christmas.

Crybabies. They ought to boycott the Orange Bowl since Georgia is going to slaughter them 63 - 7. FSU doesn't measure up to the big boys like Michigan, Texas, Alabama, or even Ohio State. I think Penn State would beat FSU by 3 touchdowns.

Reactions: mgkpsu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT