ADVERTISEMENT

My assessment of the MSU game, FWIW!

Jerademan

Gold Member
Oct 7, 2019
1. After a first half that seemed like we reverted back to the team we saw in the first 5 games, we actually made adjustments on both O and D to dominate the 2nd half. We still have issues though.
2. The combination of Dotson and Parker Washington brings the excitement back to our team. If only we had a more complete QB who can capitalize on their talents.
3. When our zone Defense plays against an accurate QB, we can make that QB look like a Heisman Trophy winner.
4. We have had a past history of come from behind wins against MSU, just not of recent years. This reminded me of some of our older games against them.
5. I am so sick of watching us telegraph the QB keeper whenever we bring in Levis. I guess our OL outmuscled MSU's DL to allow this to work almost every time, but let's be be a little more creative!
6. I like out TE room as everyone seems to contribute, except Kuntz. Are we utilizing them as well as we could though?
7. Jahan Dotson had additional highlight rolls to add to his 2 OSU catches that will cause any NFL scout to salivate. He may well be another ARob or Godwin whoever he plays for in the NFL.
8. It was really comforting watching the last 6 minutes or so of this game not having to worry if we would blow another one.
9. I have never had such a love / hate feeling about any player like we get with Sean Clifford. He can look so good on certain plays, and even more horrendous on others. Can he ever be consistently good?
10. Both Michigan teams are really terrible this year, especially into the later part of the season. MSU however showed more promise with Thorne at QB if they can protect him better.
11. I look forward to playing anyone from the B1G West next week and hope the conference can get most teams to play!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News