ADVERTISEMENT

My 97 y/o neighbor

For the last 7 years we have had my neighbor, now 97 years old, recite from memory, the Gettysburg address @ our church as part of our Memorial Day remembrance service. Though he has slowed down physically, the LORD has allowed his mind to remain super sharp.
Pretty awesome documentary by Ken Burns called The Address which takes place at a small boarding school in VT for special needs students and one of the ‘projects’ is the memorize and recite the Gettysburg address. Really well done.

Awesome about your neighbor though, would love to see a video clip of it.

Pretty awesome documentary by Ken Burns called The Address which takes place at a small boarding school in VT for special needs students and one of the ‘projects’ is the memorize and recite the Gettysburg address. Really well done.

It's been a while, but I found the public museum in Gettysburg are pretty awesome. What I remember the most were black and white photographs from soldier reunions, particularly those of the 50th anniversary or later. After that, displays of artifacts local put together as they came across various pieces as they farmed the area.

No kidding. I would LOVE to see that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT