ADVERTISEMENT

My 2 cents on the Franklin era.

We have to have the worst starting field position average in the Big 10….we definitely have the last two games. That’s one big problem with the bend but don’t break defensive philosophy.
3rd down offense and defense have not been a positive under JF for the most part in his regime. Those are the keys to flipping the field.

Not sure where you got that from my post. 11 wins is about the most any coach, minus a few, can get out of their talent. We aren’t at OSU or Bama talent level, so the coaching is fine.
“…the coaching is fine…”. Most objective observers would vehemently disagree…how many wins were left on table by Franklin’s game day coaching? How many games did his teams overachieve steal…man AWS, I want you negotiating my next contract!

“…the coaching is fine…”. Most objective observers would vehemently disagree…how many wins were left on table by Franklin’s game day coaching? How many games did his teams overachieve steal…man AWS, I want you negotiating my next contract!
You’re using subjective arguments and there’s no such thing as “objective observers” when you’re talking about coaching decisions after the fact. They’re all influenced by what happened already. How many wins were left on the table because a player didn’t make a play? How many decisions at the end of the game didn’t work because a player missed their assignment or missed a block? If every player did everything they were supposed to do on every play and the play didn’t work, or the decision ended up being the wrong one, then you can lay all the blame on the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT