ADVERTISEMENT

Move is officially over took over two weeks. Lower back has rigor mortis setting in. Next move hopefully assisted living then cemetery

33j7XNcZ5lmtb29LwAuI9qmd2NG5TSh8FBQVO3kqeIuyK8a-dDLHlZFUKp8sdfjeY6Pk5CrOCbLxOzsBQtyywummU14Yp6aV1KhQVcsgupP8zPAHpqx-oZBwMnIbV_yXJMJGxC44Sz6Xcc4zog

Reactions: 91Joe95
. F-cking muscles I haven't used ever and we hired movers, whose the sucker.
My wife has a business that helps people plan for the move, do floor plans, pack, get rid of excessive "stuff" (sell, auction, donate, trash), direct moving company, unpack, hang artwork, make beds, etc. All for a "small" price🤭. We even take pics of your bookshelves and make sure all your participation trophies are placed in their proper place. Isn't necessarily inexpensive but generally by dinner time on move day, the client is totally unpacked and can relax and get dinner.

. F-cking muscles I haven't used ever and we hired movers, whose the sucker.

Its surprising how cost effective it is to sell or throw out everything vs hiring a moving company. If your stuff is nice, hire a consignment company to give you money to get your furniture, save money on the movers, and buy new at your new place, which the wife is going to want to do in a year anyways. Too late for you now though.

Its surprising how cost effective it is to sell or throw out everything vs hiring a moving company. If your stuff is nice, hire a consignment company to give you money to get your furniture, save money on the movers, and buy new at your new place, which the wife is going to want to do in a year anyways. Too late for you now though.
Not a bad plan, but right now consignment shops are overrun with stuff.

Reactions: bytir and 91Joe95

Reactions: 91Joe95
Maybe some new pictures, interesting to see your new place of living. In 2009, we were lucky to receive green card and moved asap to State Florida, a small city where we started a new page in our life with my family. I’m an engineer with 20 years of experience ATM and my English was awful. This fact did not stop me to learn even if my age was 35 back then. New page in our life, we are happy that this opportunity came in to our life, we wanted so much. In 2018, we moved to a new house, because our life quality after years really changed to a higher level, and we wanted more space, like in the movie home alone (if not mistaken in Chicago). We found this company expomovers.com, after discussing all details and prices, they managed to do very quickly. As a first experience it was very nice. We remained thankful and happy. A bit nervous my wife with question “What if forget something” and so on. She was at the end with a smile on her face, in our new house and confident that everything is alright.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
I am afraid to move for this reason. We have way too much schtuff and I am getting older. 15 years ago I was able to move everything myself. Now that I am older, fatter, and weaker, I am going to have to pay someone to move.

For the back, go see a chiropractor that uses the Gonstead method for the back or down some Aleve and take naps.

We even take pics of your bookshelves and make sure all your participation trophies are placed in their proper place.
"Participation trophies." That's one hell of a client marketing move, there. Do you move the orange slices and juice boxes, too? :p

"Participation trophies." That's one hell of a client marketing move, there. Do you move the orange slices and juice boxes, too? :p
Here's one of the best stories. One of my wife's employees and I were working in the deceased wife's office. The husband, an insurance guy, was a bit senile. I usually took apart computer equipment, etc. She was cleaning out bookshelves, etc.

The lady I was working with says, Dave you need to open any the cards and envelopes, don't just throw them out, there's money still in a lot of the cards. And I did find five dollars here, five there.

Anyway, I leave to do another task. About a half hour later, the lady I was working with comes in and says " You won't believe this. I just opened an envelope with $9,000 in it, all 10s and 20s.". The husband has no clue why his deceased wife had $9,000 laying around. But, he also had about $2,000 in coins in jars in the kitchen area. Not the greatest money manager.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT