ADVERTISEMENT

Most interesting place you've run into a Penn State, or BigTen fan.

Where is the most interesting place you've run into either a Penn State fan or fan of another BigTen Institution?

For me, It was on a Volcano In Guatemala not to far from Lake Atitlan. I didn't have any Gopher gear on, but the Penn State fan did. Nice guy. Nice, brief conversation.

It was just a kind of small world thing.

Discuss.
Hofbrauhaus —Munich , Germany… along with some Alabama fans. —All were big German beer fans :)

Where is the most interesting place you've run into either a Penn State fan or fan of another BigTen Institution?

For me, It was on a Volcano In Guatemala not to far from Lake Atitlan. I didn't have any Gopher gear on, but the Penn State fan did. Nice guy. Nice, brief conversation.

Discuss.
On the train to Macchu Pichu.

Discuss.
The palace in Seoul and the Semiramis (sp?) hotel across the street from the US Embassy in Cairo

Sat next to an Ohio state couple when on a train ride from Paris to Rome a couple of years ago. Were nice people.

Plenty of talk about the PSU Iowa game today. Teed off early this morning and everyone is anticipating this game. Yep, this is Nashville, the South and none of the CFB talk is about UT. Pretty cool.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Bujumbura, Burundi airport. A female customs officer saw my PSU sticker on one of my bags and went on a several minute rant on how Joe got shafted by the Penn State “board of directors “. She had a relative that attended UP campus.

• Love
September of 2018 I think. I knew it was a Friday and we were playing Illinois on Friday nite. Met a couple on a raft as we were white-watering the Snake River in Jackson Hole. Couple was from State College and were touring the west in a RV they had just bought. So when I asked if they were going to watch the game that nite they said "Of course." They then recommended a place in JH called Gillie's. Bar was owned by Philly people. I strolled in a 7:00 with a PSU 1/4 zip. I drank for free! Only PSU guy in the bar...

Discuss.
Athabasca Glacier in Canada. I then saw them also at a PSU game the next fall

At OU/Texas game in 2002. Went to get a drink. Young guy wearing PSU jersey w add aching Michigan game on concourse. He was a pilot stationed in Texas. Snuck up on him and gave him Lion roar. Cracked him up.

ar

Discuss.
Met Jimmy Cefalo's wife and two daughters in EPCOT at Disney World. She introduced herself because I was wearing PSU shirt. She was very friendly. We talked about PS, her BIL Fran Ganter, Pittston among other things. We talked for about 20-25 minutes.

Athabasca Glacier in Canada. I then saw them also at a PSU game the next fall
Can't wait to go back. Love it up there! Awesome that you saw them at a game as well.

the-athabasca-glacier-in-the-columbia-icefields-in-jasper-national-park-alberta-canada-at-spring-time-2C131R3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT