ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

In addition, McQueary went to his father's house directly after the incident (and had called his father from the scene) - he didn't go to Paterno, went to JVP's house the next day as you said. McQueary's father said he asked his son multiple times both on the phone, and at his home, if he saw abuse occurring, and McQueary repeatedly said no and this is why the elder McQueary said he himself did not call police and did not recommend that his son call police. The elder McQueary testified that police absolutely would have been called had his son said he actually witnessed any kind of abuse. But you still have people claiming McQueary told JVP he saw abuse, which is absolute made up bullshit as the court transcripts prove (McQueary himself testified he did not tell JVP anything like that - said he told the JVP that the situation made him very uncomfortable and did not think it was appropriate behavior.).
It appears much stronger Mike talked to joe weeks later. But he def talked to joe …

Hey dipsht..what happens if someone comes to you a day or two after incident occurs. They accuse your father. They are unsure what happened. You did not witness it. You calling 911 on pops? I thought not.
It is not a matter of accusing anyone. A law enforcement officer is more capable of making a decision of what to do. If the law enforcement officer concludes "nothing here", than its on them. If the PSU AD had done the same thing, there would not have been a scandal because it would have been law enforcements fault, not PSU.

Currently at a playground with my toddler. There’s a guy that’s been pacing around for the last 30 minutes against the fence in a Michigan hat. Didn’t come with a kid and looks like he’s going through some things.

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
It is not a matter of accusing anyone. A law enforcement officer is more capable of making a decision of what to do. If the law enforcement officer concludes "nothing here", than its on them. If the PSU AD had done the same thing, there would not have been a scandal because it would have been law enforcements fault, not PSU.
That’s funny, you didn’t really pay much attention to that whole situation did you?

I got the punishment for Michigan. Although I bet it wouldn't pass the Cruel and Unusual Punishment test. Michigan should have to take Franklin as HC and Yurchich as OC. And they can't be fired for the duration of Franklin's contract.

Reactions: Pitteefool
Bump for an interesting conversation I had at work.

I have a co-worker that was in Connor Stalions’s company (about 130 students) and his squad (about 12 students that eat 2-3 meals, 4-5 times a week together). This guy was a lunatic back then.

He claimed he was at Navy for a minor in history and a major in football, and chose Navy based on Bill Belichick’s father’s history at Navy.

He passed around his “manifesto” then for classmates to read.

He also claimed he would speak personally with Jim Harbaugh via phone and email and even suggesting plays that Michigan would implement. Apparently while a student at Navy, Harbaugh told him he had a job come May 22 (when Connor was out of the Marine Corps). My co-worker also told me that he received tickets to multiple Michigan games while still at Navy.

Maybe this guy lived in a fantasy world, but I’m sure all this would come out in a thorough investigation.

I have a co-worker that was in Connor Stalions’s company (about 130 students) and his squad (about 12 students that eat 2-3 meals, 4-5 times a week together). This guy was a lunatic back then.

He claimed he was at Navy for a minor in history and a major in football, and chose Navy based on Bill Belichick’s father’s history at Navy.

He also claimed he would speak personally with Jim Harbaugh via phone and email and even suggesting plays that Michigan would implement. Apparently while a student at Navy, Harbaugh told him he had a job come May 22 (when Connor was out of the Marine Corps). My co-worker also told me that he received tickets to multiple Michigan games while still at Navy.

Maybe this guy lived in a fantasy world, but I’m sure all this would come out in a thorough investigation.
Sounds like the norm in Ann Arbor... To me.

Stallions seems like a total nutjob, so not surprising Harbaugh would like him.

I got the punishment for Michigan. Although I bet it wouldn't pass the Cruel and Unusual Punishment test. Michigan should have to take Franklin as HC and Yurchich as OC. And they can't be fired for the duration of Franklin's contract.
Who will coach psu? Make sure it is someone with a winning record vs the top 10.

Yes per several media reports he was there. Horrible look for UM to still have him hanging around like a stage 5 clinger but they don't seem to care and continue to act like they are the victims despite it all being self inflicted.
I get the whole look thing but honest question. How can you stop him from going? He resigned so he’s no longer an employee so what legal grounds does any venue have to not let him attend?

Disclaimer cause there are a few that will be looking to try a gotcha moment on me.

I wish that dude would stay as far away as possible because I also think it’s a questionable look.

I get the whole look thing but honest question. How can you stop him from going? He resigned so he’s no longer an employee so what legal grounds does any venue have to not let him attend?

Disclaimer cause there are a few that will be looking to try a gotcha moment on me.

I wish that dude would stay as far away as possible because I also think it’s a questionable look.

All I know is Rece Davis' N-Word promotion this past weekend is the BIGGEST sports media scandal EVER.

• Wow
Reactions: bison13

They can't so it is what it is, but at minimum UM should have told him they don't want him around or going to games. Maybe they did, not sure they have any power to stop it other than preventing him from buying home game tickets under his own name which wouldn't do anything because as we know he has a big network of people to buy tickets for him, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Is it a horrible look that Stallions was at the Michigan game? I dont think so. Nobody cares. It is a non story.

Hire him. There is no punishment. Just cant have him at opposing teams games but you can get that same info off of film. Hire him today.

Yes per several media reports he was there. Horrible look for UM to still have him hanging around like a stage 5 clinger but they don't seem to care and continue to act like they are the victims despite it all being self inflicted.
I agree about Stalions
I don't think it looks any way for Michigan--they didn't buy him a ticket

You can't stop him from going. But a former UM player (Winovich) posted him to social media, basically validating him. UM coaches, players and staff (current and former) should be distancing themselves from him. Otherwise, they are essentially endorsing the cheating. Had the video just been from a fan and not a former player, I don't think it's a big deal at all.

You can't stop him from going. But a former UM player (Winovich) posted him to social media, basically validating him. UM coaches, players and staff (current and former) should be distancing themselves from him. Otherwise, they are essentially endorsing the cheating. Had the video just been from a fan and not a former player, I don't think it's a big deal at all.
Who cares if a former player speaks to him? That doesn't even make sense. Michigan is supposed to force anyone that ever was associated with the program not to interact with him? How?

Michigan players, coaches, fans, alums, and administration have essentially endorsed the cheating from the beginning. This endorsement has continued before, during, and after the cheating was exposed.

Michigan players, coaches, fans, alums, and administration have essentially endorsed the cheating from the beginning. This endorsement has continued before, during, and after the cheating was exposed.
In contrast to the classless Michigan cheaters who can't even win with good grace, there was CJ Stroud with interview after last year's Michigan game. Said a couple of times just place the blame on me, I should have done more. See 2:20 for example. No matter what happens tonight, Michigan should be embarrassed to have a 2 time cheater in one year coaching the game and classless players as the representatives of their university.

In contrast to the classless Michigan cheaters who can't even win with good grace, there was CJ Stroud with interview after last year's Michigan game. Said a couple of times just place the blame on me, I should have done more. See 2:20 for example. No matter what happens tonight, Michigan should be embarrassed to have a 2 time cheater in one year coaching the game and classless players as the representatives of their university.

Thankfully no OSU players or coaches have ever said or done anything classless.

Day saying he’ll hang 100 on Michigan was profound and very classy for sure.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
He said that privately and unfortunately a player blabbed it out. All coaches and players say very negative things privately but the classy people make an effort to be respectful in public.

Never say something to a large group that you wouldn’t want printed or published. Day should sign up for some of OSU’s communications or PR courses.

Never say something to a large group that you wouldn’t want printed or published. Day should sign up for some of OSU’s communications or PR courses.
He is talking to his players. Can't be a robot in front of players. This as opposed to the cheater Harbaugh's public shots at Day and Michigan players classless shots at Ohio State.

I have always had a healthy respect for OSU and their program. In contrast, everything about Michigan is trashy.

He is talking to his players. Can't be a robot in front of players. This as opposed to the cheater Harbaugh's public shots at Day and Michigan players classless shots at Ohio State.
I have nothing against Day but you can't complain about other program unless your program is 100% perfect which no program is. Michigan made choices--if it results in a title no one on that side cares about what happens next. Nor has anyone ever in the history of the sport.

I agree which is why I find the Michigan fanbase so disgusting.

They shifted from "we didn't cheat" to "well, it didn't really help" to "everybody cheats" to "haha....you can't punish us"

I agree which is why I find the Michigan fanbase so disgusting.

They shifted from "we didn't cheat" to "well, it didn't really help" to "everybody cheats" to "haha....you can't punish us"
They are unlikely to be punished because in the present day U.S. it is very difficult to enforce any rule, regardless of what it concerns. Look at the disaster on the southern border. Why follow rules, there are really no consequences if you don't.

They are unlikely to be punished because in the present day U.S. it is very difficult to enforce any rule, regardless of what it concerns. Look at the disaster on the southern border. Why follow rules, there are really no consequences if you don't.
Pretty weird comparison there, but speaking about rules in general, I will say this:

Rules can definitely be enforced if the people enforcing the rules actually want to enforce them.

For example, police can choose to set up speed traps and issue speeding tickets. Those tickets have to paid (or contested); they cannot be ignored. Police don't do this everywhere all the time (mostly because of resources).

Bringing it back to football: the NCAA has Harbaugh (and therefore Michigan) in their sights for two reasons:
1) He lied to them during in the recruiting violations investigation (NCAA doesn't take that lightly)
2) He keeps speaking up about making players employees (not saying he is wrong to do so, but the NCAA definitely doesn't like that).

As such, he (and therefore Michigan) are going to be the subject of a "speed trap".

The only wildcard would be if Harbaugh bolts for the NFL, will the NCAA lost their zeal to go after Michigan. I don't *think* so (given the outrage over their cheating) but we are in somewhat uncharted waters here.

Reactions: joeaubie21
I have nothing against Day but you can't complain about other program unless your program is 100% perfect
This is wrong. A program that has committed minor violations has every right to criticize a program that is committed major violations. For instance if a program paid $10 too much for lunch, it is entitled to criticize a program that assists players in cheating in their academics to pass courses.

This is wrong. A program that has committed minor violations has every right to criticize a program that is committed major violations. For instance if a program paid $10 too much for lunch, it is entitled to criticize a program that assists players in cheating in their academics to pass courses.
A violation is a violation. No problem is clean.
Is Michigan more severe? Absolutely but ultimately the Big Ten already showed they don't care so why do we?

• Haha
Reactions: GSPMax
Pretty weird comparison there, but speaking about rules in general, I will say this:

Rules can definitely be enforced if the people enforcing the rules actually want to enforce them.

For example, police can choose to set up speed traps and issue speeding tickets. Those tickets have to paid (or contested); they cannot be ignored. Police don't do this everywhere all the time (mostly because of resources).

Bringing it back to football: the NCAA has Harbaugh (and therefore Michigan) in their sights for two reasons:
1) He lied to them during in the recruiting violations investigation (NCAA doesn't take that lightly)
2) He keeps speaking up about making players employees (not saying he is wrong to do so, but the NCAA definitely doesn't like that).

As such, he (and therefore Michigan) are going to be the subject of a "speed trap".

The only wildcard would be if Harbaugh bolts for the NFL, will the NCAA lost their zeal to go after Michigan. I don't *think* so (given the outrage over their cheating) but we are in somewhat uncharted waters here.
I don't think there is that much outrage in most places over UM's cheating and it is fading with time. There are 2 things at work here.

1. Do not upset the money train.
2. Cost/benefit

The B1G confronted UM. UM did the automatic thing and threatened to sue. This then would get messy, long and expensive (see cost above). The big 10 and UM then settle for a 3 game suspension for Harbaugh but he can coach at practice. Punishment, what punishment? UM is conf. champ and nat'l champ in a year they got caught cheating. A penalty has to dissuade others from cheating. This probably encourages it. The potential benefit outweighs the cost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT