ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

The later in the day this comes out the more likely it is that it has no impact on tomorrow's game
Assuming anything happens today at this point.

that is exactly what you said. I am done with you. I took you off ignore but regret that decision. You simply talk in circles.
Michigan took action on themselves to prevent the NCAA from acting
How are you comparing that to the executive board acting against Michigan putting their own program at risk?
Not sure how you see that as circles.

Don't know. But don't believe everything a reporter says.
Nor should you but there's no doubt that came from someone in the Big Ten. That person was clearly wrong but if this was as clear cut as so many thing there wouldn't be delays. The Big Ten is clearly concerned about what they wanted to do.

Reactions: bluehair666
Not my take.

The Big Ten was/is hoping they could bluff Michigan into self imposing an indefinite suspension and later, a two game suspension.
good take and very possible. UM self-imposed a suspension of hairball earlier in the year so why not again?

But now the B1G and NCAA have painted themselves into a corner. UM cheated and everyone agrees. It is now a matter of what the punishment should be. If the excuse is "everyone does it", that is meaningless. If the excuse it "Purdue did it." What about the innocent teams that did not?

It reminds me of the criminals my wife has to defend. I didn't mean to. I was forced to. it isn't my fault. Everyone does it. They were worse. I was drunk at the time. I got carried away. Here is what we know. UM cheated. UM self-suspended the same guy for a different infraction. UM suspended then fired their OC...all in the same year.

I have to believe that if every school was culpable, they would NOT have made such an empassioned case to Petiti last week. Right? These people are smart enough to know that truth WILL be found out in all circumstances. If Bret Bielemi made those angry comments this week about Michigan videoing in person, then he has never sent a coach/staffer to another teams' games.

And Michigan has had a litany of "excuses"...none of which have been "we didn't do this." They are trying to pull back a cover (or at least the fear of doubt of a cover being pulled back) on other programs.

But I think they're bluffing. No one else has done it...or if a school or two HAS done it, it's not been to the elaborate extent of Michigan. I hope this whole thing blows up in their faces. Corruption straight up to the president's office...all for a silly game.
That silly game made PSU. Whatever crap we give Joe Pa for ignoring a pedophile, we cannot ignore the amazing work he did to build the institution. PSU went from a podunk nothing to a world class institution.

Reactions: bluehair666
Hahaha, the espn headline right now is absurd. "Michigan CFB sign stealing scandal is (mostly) harmless. Michigan and their Haters should embrace it"

God, do I despise Espn and Michigan

That silly game made PSU. Whatever crap we give Joe Pa for ignoring a pedophile, we cannot ignore the amazing work he did to build the institution. PSU went from a podunk nothing to a world class institution.
He didn't "ignore a pedophile". In fact, he turned him into his boss (the AD) and the man in charge of campus security. He then did what the NCAA then, and now, tells coaches to do. Turn them into two people, your boss and someone outside the sports reporting virticle, and get the hell out of the way.

I will mention one more thing that has happened in the last hour. UM has forwarded evidence of nine other schools arranging to have scouts go to games and gather info. That could be another reason why the Big10 is backing off. We can speculate if true or a complete fabrication. This guy has had the scoop on all Michigan rumors in the past. If Pettiti wishes to go forward he will have to deal with the MAD fallout. If this blows up the Big10, everyone will be angry because his primary job was to make money, not destroy the most lucrative and successful athletic conference in the country.
Is that illegal or is the recording?

I believe there is misinformation in a lot of stories, including this one.

And yes, at times reporters speculate.
So you believe it's more logical that multiple reporters are just making stories up rather than the timeline continues to change?

Still waiting for what I was wrong about so far...

So you believe it's more logical that multiple reporters are just making stories up rather than the timeline continues to change?

Still waiting for what I was wrong about so far...

Dude. You've been wrong about everything, including the fact that the Big 10 will punish Michigan before the completion of the NCAA investigation.

You also have more than 500 posts since last Friday...You seem quite motivated to protect your Michigan team. We will just call you a closet Michigan fan 🤣 🤣 🤣

A better question is that after 500 posts this week, what have you been right about???

Reactions: Yanks49
Dude. You've been wrong about everything, including the fact that the Big 10 will punish Michigan before the completion of the NCAA investigation.

You also have more than 500 posts since last Friday...You seem quite motivated to protect your Michigan team. We will just call you a closet Michigan fan 🤣 🤣 🤣

A better question is that after 500 posts this week, what have you been right about???
Find that quote. You confuse shouldn't with won't. And they didn't suspend him.

Michigan could get the death penalty and I'd be happy. I just want to watch the legal war.

Hahaha, the espn headline right now is absurd. "Michigan CFB sign stealing scandal is (mostly) harmless. Michigan and their Haters should embrace it"

God, do I despise Espn and Michigan
Not surprising. I hate that uncharismatic bore, Scott Van Pelt. He used part of his Sportscenter commentary segment the other day to defend UM. He called it a minor issue and UM is "not a good program but a great program" . He disagreed with his other colleagues regarding their fervency on a punishment. S&ckass loser. Obviously trying to placate UM establishment since Thamel and Finebaum are all over Harbaugh.

Not surprising. I hate that uncharismatic bore, Scott Van Pelt. He used part of his Sportscenter commentary segment the other day to defend UM. He called it a minor issue and UM is "not a good program but a great program" . He disagreed with his other colleagues regarding their fervency on a punishment. S&ckass loser. Obviously trying to placate UM establishment since Thamel and Finebaum are all over Harbaugh.
Finebaum backed off and said the Big Ten needs to be careful

This is what you are referring to^^^. It really isn't clear if a suspension, which happens all the time even in criminal matters, is consider a "penalty". For example, if Harbs was accused of participating in hazing, he could easily be suspended prior to the completion of the investigation if, for no other reason, to limit the damage. If he was NOT suspended and someone got injured, the legal liability would be great.

Let’s say UM is guilty of stealing signs. What do you think UMs and the B1Gs liability would be if PSU, Purdue and Rutgers sues them?
On first blush there is some merit in our resident Walmart Wolverines interpretation of the rule. Which I’m certain was derived by reading comments by UM centric oriented attorneys. I wonder if the other door greeters explained it to him? True, as explained by Walmart Wally, Big ten disciplinary action is supposed to happen “subsequent” to NCAA findings.

However, similar to the restrictions that exist in and can be avoided in the “Fruit of the poison tree” doctrine in Criminal Procedure. And I’m not in any way implying that there is criminal behavior here. It’s possible that the BIG is proceeding (if they are in fact proceeding) based on information derived separately from and not initiated by or aligned with any NCAA action. One could argue that approach renders the rule in question moot. I’m basing this opinion on the fact that none of us are truly aware of the scope or origin of whatever evidence is in their possession.

Or it could simply be that the BIG attorneys not encumbered with the deficiency of a Harvard Law degree have a different interpretation and subsequent application of the rule. It’s certainly not Black Letter Law with voluminous precedent. Divergent opinions on matters such as this do happen much to the amazement of our one tract mind human suicide bomber friends here from the UM extension school.

Reactions: Obliviax
He didn't "ignore a pedophile". In fact, he turned him into his boss (the AD) and the man in charge of campus security. He then did what the NCAA then, and now, tells coaches to do. Turn them into two people, your boss and someone outside the sports reporting virticle, and get the hell out of the way.
That is not what you are supposed to do. I know because I have to take the corporate training. If it is a felony I call law enforcement. For anything that is not tactical I bypass my boss and report to the dedicated hotline. Example, if I observe an ethics issue, I report to the ethics hotline. My manager is out of the loop until they decide. It is beyond insanity to not report a pedophile directly to the police. You don't report a felony to your superior and have them take care of it.

This is ditto for the Boy Scouts. If I were to observe grooming there is no reporting to the scout master. It is 911 direct.

That is not what you are supposed to do. I know because I have to take the corporate training. If it is a felony I call law enforcement. For anything that is not tactical I bypass my boss and report to the dedicated hotline. Example, if I observe an ethics issue, I report to the ethics hotline. My manager is out of the loop until they decide. It is beyond insanity to not report a pedophile directly to the police. You don't report a felony to your superior and have them take care of it.

This is ditto for the Boy Scouts. If I were to observe grooming there is no reporting to the scout master. It is 911 direct.
Hey dipsht..what happens if someone comes to you a day or two after incident occurs. They accuse your father. They are unsure what happened. You did not witness it. You calling 911 on pops? I thought not.

Reactions: dailybuck777

Joe didn’t see anything. It was reported to him a day later. What you write is what the witness is supposed to do. Not the witnesses boss who is asked for advice from an employee after seeing something done by someone not employed by the company

You might be the first person on this board that's ever tried to reply to every post, on every thread 🤣🤣🤣

I have him on ignore and can only see his bullshit because you responded..... but this dipshit claims he's making all these asinine troll posts because he's a PSU fan, not a scUM troll.... [insert eyeroll]

Reactions: Sullivan
I have him on ignore and can only see his bullshit because you responded..... but this dipshit claims he's making all these asinine troll posts because he's a PSU fan, not a scUM troll.... [insert eyeroll]
If I was a Michigan fan wouldn't I be upset by the decision in some way?
This is all a legal issue--some of you need to separate the emotion from it.

You can't see what he posts unless you temporarily or permanently stop ignoring him. Which did you do?

Joe didn’t see anything. It was reported to him a day later. What you write is what the witness is supposed to do. Not the witnesses boss who is asked for advice from an employee after seeing something done by someone not employed by the company

In addition, McQueary went to his father's house directly after the incident (and had called his father from the scene) - he didn't go to Paterno, went to JVP's house the next day as you said. McQueary's father said he asked his son multiple times both on the phone, and at his home, if he saw abuse occurring, and McQueary repeatedly said no and this is why the elder McQueary said he himself did not call police and did not recommend that his son call police. The elder McQueary testified that police absolutely would have been called had his son said he actually witnessed any kind of abuse. But you still have people claiming McQueary told JVP he saw abuse, which is absolute made up bullshit as the court transcripts prove (McQueary himself testified he did not tell JVP anything like that - said he told JVP that the situation made him very uncomfortable and did not think it was appropriate behavior.).

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT