ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

Your opinion on bowl games is irrelevant. If you don’t think that the bowl game is important to the team or the coaching staff, you are deluding yourself . What is relevant is seeing a pattern of Michigan winning games versus opponents they know and can “scout” via the nature of these allegations and losing against opponents they cannot “scout.”
Again, they know who those opponents can be and can scout them. It's not like bowl matchups aren't limited and we don't know likelihood far in advance. Like we should be scouting UNC Bama Georgia Oregon Washington Texas and OU. Simple.

Actually, sign stealing isn't illegal. The illegal part here is the in person scouting. You cannot scout an in-season opponent in person for any reason.

Sign stealing is a crappy thing to do. I don't have a huge issue with it if your coaches/analysts catch something on film and/or during a game, but, for example, Clemson (when Venables was DC) supposedly had a army of people who were looking at signs both on film and during games. It makes it a ton easier to have a good defense when you know exactly what play is coming.

Yeah, but the NCAA believes they have evidence that scUM is using in-person scouting to steal the signs - so in this case, it absolutely is illegal to steal the signs via the methodology used. The NCAA has said that they believe that scUM has used "vast network" of illegal scout's to illegally decipher upcoming opponents' sideline signals.

I am now scouring the internet in search of any interview in which jimmy used the phrase “decided schematic advantage”.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bluehair666
We have no idea what Michigan did or didn’t do. Is it funny that they went from being owned by OSU for over 2 decades to suddenly blowing them out the past 2 years? Sure, but college football can be funny that way.

Even if the NCAA finds wrongdoing, nothing will happen. It’ll be like the UNC fake classes scandal that just got swept under the rug.

The Western Michigan Tech type teams better get ready. The NCAA may hammer them for letting a girls lacrosse player wash her car from a spigot off of a university building. They will need to show they are relevant somehow.

Last edited:
We have no idea what Michigan did or didn’t do. Is it funny that they went from being owned by OSU for over 2 decades to suddenly blowing them out the past 2 years? Sure, but college football can be funny that way.

Even if the NCAA finds wrongdoing, nothing will happen. It’ll be like the UNC fake classes scandal that just got swept under the rug.

The Western Michigan Tech type teams better get ready. The NCAA may hammer them for letting a girls lacrosse player wash her car from a spigot off of a university building. They will need to show its relevant somehow.
This wouldn’t have gotten out if there wasn’t something there. Michigans and Harbaugh are already on probation for recruiting violations and lying about it. What does probation mean? If he is guilty of a violation the ncaa will have to use the hammer in they want to have any credibility at all coming out of this

Last edited:
Yeah, but the NCAA believes they have evidence that scUM is using in-person scouting to steal the signs - so in this case, it absolutely is illegal to steal the signs via the methodology used. The NCAA has said that they believe that scUM has used "vast network" of illegal scout's to illegally decipher upcoming opponents' sideline signals.
So now we value what the NCAA believes or claims before any real investigation is completed?

If Michigan broke rules then it's a great discussion but when we start pretending them losing bowl games is evidence of cheating we lose all credibility.

Reactions: bluehair666
Right now the DUZZ is on the line with the NCAA, because it would be impossible to stop his sophisticated offense and the complex defense he’s designed without teams stealing his signs. You know, his signs, one if by land and two if by sea.

Reactions: bison13
the issue is the ncaa leaking this now, when they acknowledge that an investigation won't be complete till next year...more mud slung at harbaugh, that's what it's all about.. i would assume that coaches are smart enough to change their signals every week, and that real paranoid ones would tweak at halftime...so, all they did with the leak is probably cause upcoming opponents to alter their routine way of signaling....this probably helps UM, lol, thx ncaa...and yes, i understand the loose claim that they "have evidence", i won't hold my breath..Harbaugh just released a statement denying any knowledge of illegal sign stealing or scouting outside the rules..i'm satisfied, Harbaugh is a rightous dude...

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
It is a problem if electronic equipment is used to record to inform players or coaches of signals during games. Check out the cbs story about this.
i saw that, i'm now trying to figure out how they can prove that was done...not saying it was done or not, i obviously don't know, but how would they prove it?..

This wouldn’t have gotten out if there wasn’t something there. Michigans and Harbaugh are already on probation for recruiting violations and lying about it. What does probation mean? If he is guilty of a violation the ncaa will have to use the hammer in they want to have any credibility at all coming out of this
probation?...that alleged violation hasn't even gotten through the investigation...gotta up your game bro, you don't even have the basic facts right

So now we value what the NCAA believes or claims before any real investigation is completed?

If Michigan broke rules then it's a great discussion but when we start pretending them losing bowl games is evidence of cheating we lose all credibility.
No we don't. Saying it does not make it so no matter who you think you are.

It completely makes sense and is relevant to consider how a team could blow the doors off a few teams then struggle against a team like TCU, a team that conveniently it would not have illegally scouted due to lack of scouts/resources vs more likely contenders.

Again, you don't make the rules on here.

No we don't. Saying it does not make it so no matter who you think you are.

It completely makes sense and is relevant to consider how a team could blow the doors off a few teams then struggle against a team like TCU, a team that conveniently it would not have illegally scouted due to lack of scouts/resources vs more likely contenders.

Again, you don't make the rules on here.
It doesn't at all. They've played Ohio State for years and have adapted to playing them and tendencies that they know from playing them

If this rumor circulated about us you'd be one of the first people saying there's no reason to believe it but because you're intimidated by Michigan you're desperate to believe this to the point you're not only jumping to conclusions but using illogical theories to get there.

Not sure what rule you think I created. Simply stated that we have no credibility not allowing it to play out.

Reactions: Captain Hogleg
the issue is the ncaa leaking this now, when they acknowledge that an investigation won't be complete till next year...more mud slung at harbaugh, that's what it's all about.. i would assume that coaches are smart enough to change their signals every week, and that real paranoid ones would tweak at halftime...so, all they did with the leak is probably cause upcoming opponents to alter their routine way of signaling....this probably helps UM, lol, thx ncaa...and yes, i understand the loose claim that they "have evidence", i won't hold my breath..Harbaugh just released a statement denying any knowledge of illegal sign stealing or scouting outside the rules..i'm satisfied, Harbaugh is a rightous dude...

Yea, real righteous when he is caught blatantly lying to investigators regarding recruiting violations - and the had the information to prove he was lying. Or I suppose they haven't completed that investigation either?

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Can we please stop pretending bowl games mean anything? The loss to TCU means something (a ton) but losing a bowl game is completely irrelevant especially with kids opting out.
Do you get a text message anytime the words “Bowl Game” show up in a post?

Seriously, you‘ve probably made at least 500 posts making the same statement over and over and over again. You know what they call doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

You are no different than Bushwood ranting and raving about some useless statistic.

Do you get a text message anytime the words “Bowl Game” show up in a post?

Seriously, you‘ve probably made at least 500 posts making the same statement over and over and over again. You know what they call doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

You are no different than Bushwood ranting and raving about some useless statistic.
I do
What different result do you think I'm expecting? I'm simply going to say it until people comprehend the reality of it. Then I'll stop. Eventually people will get it--probably not for a couple more years.
If you think it's the same that's great. Not sure what reaction you thought that comment would get.

Bucknuts writer...

F80rk6oW8AAMuUN

They probably have a snitch, nimrod.
You’re probably right about the snitch. Second guess would be that one of those “Michigan Men” doing the electronic data collection ran his mouth off to the wrong person and that started the ball rolling. Or hopefully both.

Multiple teams apparently have said something. NCAA isn’t just going to act on a random comment from Greg Schiano coming off the field at halftime pissed off about bad calls by the refs.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Multiple teams apparently have said something. NCAA isn’t just going to act on a random comment from Greg Schiano coming off the field at halftime pissed off about bad calls by the refs.
Schiano’s comments were more along the lines of “something not right” was going on in the first half. I never got the impression that he was referring to the referees. He was not specific about his problem at the time.

so not only are you stupid, you don't have a sense of humor as regards my comment...the cheeseburger debacle and everything with it, including their accusation that harbaugh was not forthcoming, all of it, hasn't had the investigation completed yet..they haven't finished the investigation, haven't made a finding, and haven't levied any penalties..the 3 game suspension was UM's idea to get ahead of any punishment..this is all online, just google, dummy..

Yea, real righteous when he is caught blatantly lying to investigators regarding recruiting violations - and the had the information to prove he was lying. Or I suppose they haven't completed that investigation either?

They probably have a snitch, nimrod.
doesn't matter, is it heresay, or does this supposed snitch have documentary evidence?..this isn't really that hard

I do
What different result do you think I'm expecting? I'm simply going to say it until people comprehend the reality of it. Then I'll stop. Eventually people will get it--probably not for a couple more years.
If you think it's the same that's great. Not sure what reaction you thought that comment would get.
Let’s us know when you think someone changes their mind as a result of you pissing in to the wind.

Something I've wondered from prior situations like this. When the Patriots got caught, etc. Is there enough time between plays to pick up our (PSU) offensive signals, interpret them (by UM coaches) and signal them back to their Defensive players leaving enough time to adjust effectively? The UM D would need to learn 2 sets of signals, one changing every week. Seems like it has the potential to create a mountain of confusion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT