ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

That’s why I don’t think Michigan wants to or will sue the big ten or NCAA. The NCAA and Conference don’t have subpoena power and it’s not a crime to lie to them. Whole nother ball game once you take it to court. I don’t think even the UM fans drinking all the kool-aid would argue Stalions testifying in court would be good for the program.
wouldn't be an issue for a third party with standing, like say, Fox Sports...i'm sure they've been on the phone with pettiti

Requirements for UM Coaching Position.

Applicant must have a minimum of three years experience in proficiency with audiovisual equipment. Willing to travel to other university venues, plus demonstrative skills in team development with others so oriented. Must be allergy free with respect to theatrical glue, and willing to wear disguises in furtherance of the mission. Previous coaching experience is not required.

Requirements for UM Coaching Position.

Applicant must have a minimum of three years experience in proficiency with audiovisual equipment. Willing to travel to other university venues, plus demonstrative skills in team development with others so oriented. Must be allergy free with respect to theatrical glue, and willing to wear disguises in furtherance of the mission. Previous coaching experience is not required.
Willing to sleep over.

Neither CBS Sports nor ESPN have anything about Michigan in their top headlines. I don't even see anything on their main pages.
Are we sure this is as big of a deal nationally as people here are claiming/want to believe?
Yeah Finebaum is angry but he usually is about something. There's definitely been articles about it. But if this was truly on the level everyone here believes wouldn't it be the main headline?

Last edited:
Everything. Michigan will fight it. The Big Ten gains nothing financially by doing it. They won't rush an investigation. Michigan probably has a 95% of being post season eligible I'm 2023...maybe 99.999999%
The only incentive for the Big Ten to act is public pressure which won't force it. As long as Michigan is fighting nothing happens other than a postseason ban.
The Big Ten loses nothing financially by doing it either. A one loss Big Ten champ still goes to the playoff.

It's not just public pressure; it's pressure from the conference members. All 13 other schools want action taken immediately.

The Big Ten loses nothing financially by doing it either. A one loss Big Ten champ still goes to the playoff.

It's not just public pressure; it's pressure from the conference members. All 13 other schools want action taken immediately.
You keep saying nothing is lost financially which isn't true. At all

There's zero proof all 13 schools want action taken. Provide any proof all 13 ADs and school presidents have said that. You're still talking about coaches

Why wouldn't they? I imagine that they have seen the same evidence their coaches have.
So you admit you're assuming they will and don't actually know that, right?
Coaches wanting sanctions and ADs wanting sanctions are very very different things.

Why don’t we all just call it day, and accept rampant cheating and illegal behavior as normal in college football. I’m positive that Vegas can create the necessary algorithms to accommodate this and create an accurate line. And isn’t that what really matters?
******** For those that have difficulty in recognizing it, the above is sarcasm**********.

Neither CBS Sports nor ESPN have anything about Michigan in their top headlines. I don't even see anything on their main pages.
Are we sure this is as big of a deal nationally as people here are claiming/want to believe?
Yeah Finebaum is angry but he usually is about something. There's definitely been articles about it. But if this was truly on the level everyone here believes wouldn't it be the main headline?
It is two of top stories under NCAAF on ESPN. It is top story on Yahoo sports NCAAF about Purdue HC being upset. It seems like you are hoping it is not big, yet it is. Not child abuse level like Bo/Anderson scandal but big.

Reactions: GSPMax and bison13

let's indulge your fantasy...UM gets banned from the big ten championship..they run the table and go 12-0...cfp says no UM since they are under sanction, not in the conference championship..no to 11-1 osu who lost to Michigan...two $ec teams get in..that's the e$pn wet dream

It is two of top stories under NCAAF on ESPN. It is top story on Yahoo sports NCAAF about Purdue HC being upset. It seems like you are hoping it is not big, yet it is. Not child abuse level like Bo/Anderson scandal but big.
Right it's not on the main page of any site. You have to dig to find it. If it was a huge story it'd be front and venter.
Why would I care if it's big or not? Doesn't even make sense. Many here are acting like the world is ending over this and the Big Ten is being forced to act. That's wishful thinking.

You keep saying nothing is lost financially which isn't true. At all
Are you willing to concede that this year it is very unlikely that more than one Big Ten team will make the playoff? If that's the case, then it doesn't matter to the Big Ten if that team is UM, OSU or PSU. UM being banned from the post-season only matters from their share of bowl revenue (or playoff revenue). The per team share of playoff revenue is <$500K per team, which isn't very much in the scheme of these budgets. But so long as PSU or OSU make the playoff, zero dollars are lost from the CFP.
There's zero proof all 13 schools want action taken. Provide any proof all 13 ADs and school presidents have said that. You're still talking about coaches
Your refusal to admit that ADs take their football advice from the football coaches is comical.

Right it's not on the main page of any site. You have to dig to find it. If it was a huge story it'd be front and venter.
Why would I care if it's big or not? Doesn't even make sense. Many here are acting like the world is ending over this and the Big Ten is being forced to act. That's wishful thinking.
It's the biggest story in college football right now. That is very big for cf, not that much of a story for the rest of sports.

Reactions: GSPMax
let's indulge your fantasy...UM gets banned from the big ten championship..they run the table and go 12-0...cfp says no UM since they are under sanction, not in the conference championship..no to 11-1 osu who lost to Michigan...two $ec teams get in..that's the e$pn wet dream
No, if Michigan is banned from post-season, they don't play in Big Ten Championship. Which means OSU or PSU does. That winner absolutely would go to the CFP. The only way the SEC gets 2 in would be with an undefeated champion (Georgia) and a one loss other team. But that team would have to come from the East because otherwise they'd lose to UGA in the champioship game. Only candiate would be Missouri....LOL.

So you admit you're assuming they will and don't actually know that, right?
Coaches wanting sanctions and ADs wanting sanctions are very very different things.
Why would the ADs differ in their opinion from the head coaches on a topic like this?

It doesn't affect any other sports.

It is unlikely to substantially affect budgets.

Where is this nonsensical theory coming from?

Reactions: GSPMax
It is a speculation. The speculation is he was actively assisting CMU in attempting to steal signs. A MAC teams does not budget for a dedicated sign stealer. I would argue that if Stallions was there to steal signs for future use, it would have been easier to be in the stands at elevation where he could record the entire game.
Yes you would argue….

But you didn’t address my points. So you lose.

Are you willing to concede that this year it is very unlikely that more than one Big Ten team will make the playoff? If that's the case, then it doesn't matter to the Big Ten if that team is UM, OSU or PSU. UM being banned from the post-season only matters from their share of bowl revenue (or playoff revenue). The per team share of playoff revenue is <$500K per team, which isn't very much in the scheme of these budgets. But so long as PSU or OSU make the playoff, zero dollars are lost from the CFP.

Your refusal to admit that ADs take their football advice from the football coaches is comical.
We have 2 teams in the top 3. Unless we beat Michigan it isn't unlikely.
Your refusal to accept that taking advice doesn't mean doing what they want is terrifying.

Why would the ADs differ in their opinion from the head coaches on a topic like this?

It doesn't affect any other sports.

It is unlikely to substantially affect budgets.

Where is this nonsensical theory coming from?
Because football coaches are looking at it from a competition standpoint only. ADs look at it from everything including financial (stating it doesn't have a substantial impact is false) and what it may hold for them in the future.
ADs and coaches often don't even get along let alone agree with them.

No, if Michigan is banned from post-season, they don't play in Big Ten Championship. Which means OSU or PSU does. That winner absolutely would go to the CFP. The only way the SEC gets 2 in would be with an undefeated champion (Georgia) and a one loss other team. But that team would have to come from the East because otherwise they'd lose to UGA in the champioship game. Only candiate would be Missouri....LOL.
If Michigan wins out it is not a lock the Big Ten gets a team if Michigan is banned. Ohio State, not us, would have a great shot but they also have a great shot at 11-1 with Michigan not banned.
Banning Michigan hurts us not helps us. You don't seem to grasp that.

Reactions: bluehair666

Only way 2 SEC teams REMOTELY get in if 1 loss Bama beats undefeated UGA in the SEC ccg. Regardless of fantasy...

Wonder how long before you get picked on for the $ in SEC? Certain posters lament that, yet I wonder if they will say a word...

Only way 2 SEC teams REMOTELY get in if 1 loss Bama beats undefeated UGA in the SEC ccg. Regardless of fantasy...

Wonder how long before you get picked on for the $ in SEC? Certain posters lament that, yet I wonder if they will say a word...
If you mean me, yeah the $ is ridiculous but I'm busy dealing with UNC's ridiculousness.

I agree though...11-1 Bama has to beat 12-0 Georgia for the SEC to get two. I don't believe Washington runs the table. And the Big XII might already be out.

not pedo shower scandel level either, guess you purposely omitted that 🤡
That is fine but just a reminder that Sandusky was not on staff when that occurred. Anderson was staff as team doctor. Over 1000 victims..good job sweeping under rug by throwing 1/2 B instead of actually investigating.

That is fine but just a reminder that Sandusky was not on staff when that occurred. Anderson was staff as team doctor. Over 1000 victims..good job sweeping under rug by throwing 1/2 B instead of actually investigating.
And you make a great point. They did sweep it under the rug. What administration do you believe handled it better? And isn't the responsibility of the administration to make major things like this as least impactful as possible?

Here is my suggestion as to how to have a quick and fair hearing and attempt to make sure that the current cheaters don't benefit from their cheating.

1. Have the Big Ten collect the documentary and computer evidence and give it to Michigan and ask whether it is valid. Giving Michigan about 3 weeks to reply as to whether it is authentic or not. Also give Michigan 3 weeks to answer the question of whether Stalions spied for Michigan at specific games. If there are legitimate questions, then give Michigan more time -- whatever is necessary. Personally, I think that is unlikely with 95% of a lot of sources whose credibility is at stake reporting the same thing.

2. In the event that Michigan is found guilty give it a substantial in season penalty in roughly 2 weeks after the 3 week deadline. If they have been cheating as a lot of circumstantial evidence shows the current players and coaches need to be penalized.

3. Would also mention the Paterno matter and incorrect jump to judgment there has little bearing here. Cases of child sexual abuse are fraught with complicated questions such as the accuracy of children's statements and the passage of time. The Michigan sign stealing situation is much clearer than the matter of which many have commented on here.

4. Also due process in the legal sense does not require extensive legalistic hearings. [And shouldn't be applicable anyway since the Big Ten is a private entity.] "Such hearing need not take the form of a judicial or quasi-judicial trial, but the recipient must be provided with timely and adequate notice detailing the reasons for termination, and an effective opportunity to defend by confronting adverse witnesses and by presenting his own arguments and evidence orally before the decisionmaker." https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/397/254/ Just commenting as a background matter here because sometimes this is brought up incorrectly to support the idea that extensive hearings are required.
Your plan conveniently takes until after the psu Michigan game of course 😂😂😂

All you buckeyes love you some wolverines when they play PSU.

If Michigan wins out it is not a lock the Big Ten gets a team if Michigan is banned. Ohio State, not us, would have a great shot but they also have a great shot at 11-1 with Michigan not banned.
Banning Michigan hurts us not helps us. You don't seem to grasp that.
I am fine with no B2G in the CFP if that’s what happens. Better than having cheaters represent the conference.

Playing by the rules important.

wouldn't be an issue for a third party with standing, like say, Fox Sports...i'm sure they've been on the phone with pettiti

Fox suing for damages relating to Michigan getting punished for violating league by laws is laughable.

Maybe the Ann Arbor chamber of commerce can too.

• Haha
Fox suing for damages relating to Michigan getting punished for violating league by laws is laughable.

Maybe the Ann Arbor chamber of commerce can too.
Fox, all the schools, coaches and more should sue Michigan and Hairball personally, along with the coordinators, for damages. Make them personably liable for what they did.

• Haha
Your plan conveniently takes until after the psu Michigan game of course 😂😂😂

All you buckeyes love you some wolverines when they play PSU.
If it could be done quicker, I would be more than happy with that. I was just throwing out rough guesses as to what an accurate but quick process would be. You have to collect the info, get it to Michigan and give Michigan time to respond. Would love for PSU to foot stomp Michigan or Michigan to forfeit game.

I am fine with no B2G in the CFP if that’s what happens. Better than having cheaters represent the conference.

Playing by the rules important.
And you're perfectly fine in having that viewpoint. I care about the money involved far more than whether or not Michigan plays for a title or not.

If it could be done quicker, I would be more than happy with that. I was just throwing out rough guesses as to what an accurate but quick process would be. You have to collect the info, get it to Michigan and give Michigan time to respond. Would love for PSU to foot stomp Michigan or Michigan to forfeit game.
Michigan forfeiting doesn't help Penn State at all. Clearly you don't care about that but in no way is that the ideal situation as a Lions fan

Michigan forfeiting doesn't help Penn State at all. Clearly you don't care about that but in no way is that the ideal situation as a Lions fan
I care mostly about OSU, but if PSU were to beat Michigan, I would be very happy about that. My main goal in this discussion is to stop the cheaters, Michigan, from benefitting from their cheating

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT