ADVERTISEMENT

Moorhead

I haven't heard his name mentioned yet in any of the vacancies. He did a great job at Fordham, but it looks like most schools are looking for a proven track record at an FBS school. So I'm thinking he won't start getting offers until he's been at Penn State at least several years and his offenses have been successful on this level year in and year out. Or maybe that's just me hoping it goes this way so we can keep him as long as possible.

Reactions: JJTopp99
He'd be a great candidate for Oregon, honestly. Of course they probably want a current head coach. I hope he stays around for a few more years and develops a offensive-genius reputation like Norm Chow had in the mid-2000s, instead of leaving for a mid-tier job. His ceiling is pretty high.

Reactions: JJTopp99
He's obviously a great teacher- another year or two would be great for he rest of the offensive staff

JoMo is a PA guy. He'll stay until the Pitt or Temple jobs open up. Which could be in another year or two given the track record.

Didnt he bring "his" team to Happy Valley? That makes him 1 and 1. Hes at 50%
oh-really-i-don-t-think-so.png

Maybe Moorhead knows what's coming back next year and he wants to be a part of it. Maybe he didn't like being a head coach. You never know.

JoMo is a PA guy. He'll stay until the Pitt or Temple jobs open up. Which could be in another year or two given the track record.

I think he's smart enough to avoid the Temple job. Maybe he'd take Pitt because he's from Pittsburgh. I think he'll end up with something much better. It sure seems like Franklin isn't leaving so I don't think he'll wait around forever at PSU.

I would bet that the current Staff is watching and listening intently to Moorhead such that we will have his intelligence for future eventualities.

Reactions: SoParkLion
He is probably going to have to have his name attached to some blue chip recruits before he gets sufficient attention for a major HC job. It will happen eventually.

If anyone doubted how smart CJF is, this hire should have cleared things up for them

Ok. I looked up Leadership. Thanks for the tip.

Heres YOUR quote again. How long did JF have his OC at Penn State BEFORE firing him? So, I (ahem) doubt hes as smart as youre implying.

Hope this (ahem) clears things up. And, btw, firing is AN option, not THE option.

Why would he just leave for any job? Be like Kirby Smart, stay win win win and demand a couple mil from a big time program. If he's smart he'll stay for 3-4 more years. Let the legend grow

Reactions: psu2016
It is amazing to me how many good candidates there are and none have been offered. Fleck, Rhule, Moorehead and who did Indiana Hire? Mind Boggling!

He's 43 years old and hails from Penn Hills. I agree that he will get a HC job at a major school, but only after his third year. I hope that we can groom someone under him who will stay as our OC in waiting...

I would bet that the current Staff is watching and listening intently to Moorhead such that we will have his intelligence for future eventualities.

Information is transferable, but intelligence is not. Let us hope that if/when Moorhead leaves, his information is transferred to coaches intelligent enough to use it.

Franklin can make another good hire. It isn't like PSU doesn't have resources. I want Moorehead to stay, but it is never a bad thing when your coaches leave for promotions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT