ADVERTISEMENT

Moorhead to Rutgers???

CFett

Dec 1, 2014
Harrisburg
Mississippi State head coach Joe Moorhead has emerged as a top candidate, according to persons with knowledge of the decision-making process, two weeks into Rutgers’ coaching search. The persons include university officials, prominent donors and high school football coaches who have spoken with Rutgers Athletics Director Pat Hobbs in recent weeks.

LINK

Article also says supposedly Rutgers is ready to pay close to $4M for their next head coach. That's getting closer to big boy money, but seriously, why would Moorhead leave MSU to go to Rutgers? I get that it's closer to home, he has ties to the area, etc. etc., but that had to be one of the worst jobs in the business. I could see him getting a small first year bump when it comes to recruiting, but is he the one to convince Jersey kids to stay home? Can he go head to head recruiting with CJF in the DMV? I don't ever remember people raving about his recruiting ability when he was here.

I just don't see it as a good fit, and Moorhead has to know that if he bails on MSU after only two blah seasons and fails at Rutgers, he might have to go back to being an OC and work to gain some respect back. He might be at the top of their list, but I'd be shocked if they're at the top of his.

Reactions: mickey_PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News