ADVERTISEMENT

MM never used the term "horseplay" and conveyed it WAS sexual (just NOT to his dad or Dr Dranov)....

Detective_MackDaddy

Nov 21, 2011
So, if I understand MM:

...MM went to the Lasch Building Friday night (regardless of others thinking here, there's nothing unusual here, IMO)

...he enters and here's "slapping sounds"

...he notices (mirror or directly or "eyes behind his head") Sandusky with a child in the shower;

...he slams his locker;

...Sandusky and MM make eye contact;

Now, MM is so alarmed he actually calls his dad FROM the Lasch building moments ( a few minutes, in fact) later. Why would he do that if it was ONLY horseplay?

Yet, daddy-o and Dr Dranov are adamant that IN NO WAY did MM convey that there was anything sexual going on when MM spoke to them hours later that Friday evening.

eb2611746edbf265db4efd74384d9f22.jpg

So, MM calls daddy-o minutes after seeing Sandusky with a child in a shower. Daddy-o's advice over the phone? Come home.

Once home, MM speaks to daddy-o and Dr Dranov.

Yet, somehow, according to daddy-o and Dr Dranov, MM doesn't share anything whatsoever of a (ahem) sexual nature.

But, MM does share this info the next day with Joe and later with TC and GS).

Let me tell you, MM doesn't call daddy-o on a Friday evening for "horseplay". MM doesn't spend the rest of his Friday evening (late evening, btw) speaking with daddy-o and Dr Dranov over "horseplay".

So, IMO, daddy-o and Dr Dranov were informed it was "sexual in nature" Friday night and convinced MM to speak to Joe in the morning. Daddy-o and Dr Dranov are not telling the truth, IMO.

HOW PRAY TELL the collective three could come up with a plan to tell Joe in the morning is beyond me. Worse case, you call Joe THAT evening. If you want JOE to be aware, call him THAT evening.

I don't know Joe. But, it appears that calling him IMMEDIATELY is what he always EXPECTED you to do. I could be wrong, though.

This scandal never happens if this little meeting (Friday night) that produced the stupidest fvcking course of action known to man, btw, never takes place . What their motivations were to sleep on this and tell Joe in the morning, I will never know.

Joe, too, doesn't get a "free" pass. He should've alerted TC that very Saturday when he was informed. At present, that's the only fault I find in Joe (unless more evidence comes forward).

There are laws with a big letter "L" and laws with a little letter "l". MM, daddy-o and Dr Dranov should have known better that Friday evening.

So, if I understand MM:

...MM went to the Lasch Building Friday night (regardless of others thinking here, there's nothing unusual here, IMO)

...he notices (mirror or directly or "eyes behind his head") Sandusky with a child in the shower;

...he slams his locker;

Now, MM is so alarmed he actually calls his dad FROM the Lasch building moments ( a few minutes, in fact) later. Why would he do that if it was ONLY horseplay?

Yet, daddy-o and Dr Dranov are adamant that IN NO WAY did MM convey that there was anything sexual going on when MM spoke to them hours later that Friday evening.

So, MM calls daddy-o minutes after seeing Sandusky with a child in a shower. Daddy-o's advice over the phone? Come home.

Yet, somehow, according to daddy-o and Dr Dranov, MM doesn't share anything whatsoever of a (ahem) sexual nature.

Let me tell you, MM doesn't call daddy-o on a Friday evening for "horseplay". MM doesn't spend the rest of his Friday evening (late evening, btw) speaking with daddy-o and Dr Dranov over "horseplay".

So, IMO, daddy-o and Dr Dranov were informed it was "sexual in nature" Friday night and convinced MM to speak to Joe in the morning. Daddy-o and Dr Dranov are not telling the truth, IMO.

HOW PRAY TELL the collective three could come up with a plan to tell Joe in the morning is beyond me. Worse case, you call Joe THAT evening. If you want JOE to be aware, call him THAT evening.

I don't know Joe. But, it appears that calling him IMMEDIATELY is what he always EXPECTED you to do. I could be wrong, though.

This scandal never happens if this little meeting (Friday night) that produced the stupidest fvcking course of action known to man, btw, never takes place . What their motivations were to sleep on this and tell Joe in the morning, I will never know.

Joe, too, doesn't get a "free" pass. He should've alerted TC that very Saturday when he was informed. At present, that's the only fault I find in Joe (unless more evidence comes forward).

There are laws with a big letter "L" and laws with a little letter "l". MM, daddy-o and Dr Dranov should have known better that Friday evening.
What did Mike see that Friday night? in the 1-2 seconds he peered into the shower? When you answer this we can proceed.

Pretty sure JVP contacted TC on Saturday to set up the Sunday meeting they had.

Reactions: jjsocrates
What did Mike see that Friday night? in the 1-2 seconds he peered into the shower? When you answer this we can proceed.

Pretty sure JVP contacted TC on Saturday to set up the Sunday meeting they had.

IIRC, Joe later said he "didn't want to interrupt their weekend" or something to that effect. You may be right, though, I just don't recall.

Wasn't Joe getting ready for his Pittsburgh trip?

Sandusky and MM make eye contact

Jerry has stated that he never saw who came into the shower. Never knew it was Mike until much later. Yeah, I know, "how much is Jerry's word worth" blah blah blah. But why would he lie about THAT?

I know why Mike would lie, or why he would be encouraged to add that tidbit by the investigators....

Reactions: RussianEagle
IIRC, Joe later said he "didn't want to interrupt their weekend" or something to that effect. You may be right, though, I just don't recall.

and thus the meeting on Sunday. Do you think TC just showed up on Sunday AM to speak to JVP out of the blue?

Everyone who saw Mike McQueary that Friday night and Saturday morning (John McQueary, Dr. Dranov, JoePa) described Mike as alarmed and upset. "Horseplay" (Joe's word, possibly used in his call to Curley and Schultz) doesn't elicit that state of emotional agitation. Mike has never changed his story that he believed he was interrupting a sexual assault.

Others who read every document are invited to correct me, but my memory is that John McQueary and Dr. Dranov didn't testify that Mike told them that what he saw wasn't sexual, but they instead said that Mike was too upset that night to definitively describe what he saw.

Everyone who saw Mike McQueary that Friday night and Saturday morning (John McQueary, Dr. Dranov, JoePa) described Mike as alarmed and upset. "Horseplay" (Joe's word, possibly used in his call to Curley and Schultz) doesn't elicit that state of emotional agitation. Mike has never changed his story that he believed he was interrupting a sexual assault.

Others who read every document are invited to correct me, but my memory is that John McQueary and Dr. Dranov didn't testify that Mike told them that what he saw wasn't sexual, but they instead said that Mike was too upset that night to definitively describe what he saw.

yeah...yeah...yeah...MM kept going back to "those sounds".

Regardless, something alarmed MM to call his dad mere minutes after seeing Sandusky in the shower with a child. Now, why would he do that on a late Friday night? Why would daddy-o tell him to come home? Why would they spend the rest of their Friday evening discussing this?

Your rationale is that MM was "too upset" to describe in detail? Seriously?

Then why not call the police immediately?

He was too upset to say I saw a sexual assault but not too upset to talk about slapping sounds? BS.

Maybe, he was upset because he thought Jerry saw HIM there and he was there for something other than "shoes". Maybe he HAD to wait till tomorrow to speak with someone outside his family. There are too many "read-between-the-lines" here.

Questioning MM's weak "shoe story" late at night is something that has been seriously over looked. Instead, you need to stop focusing on WORDS REPORTED YEARS after the fact. Instead, focus on the ACTIONS that these messages made by MM made back in 2001 had on those that heard them. Too many "externally induced testimony contamination" motives come to play to hang on every word (and version) of what the said after 2001.

Whether Spanier/Curley/Shultz/Paterno (or even Sandusky for that matter) are guilty or innocent is IRRELEVANT - the quality of the information comprising ANYONE's testimony of what was said to them is VERY suspect! The only realistic gauge of THE MESSAGE delivered by MM in 2001 (the core of the entire PSU involvement) comes from the pool of action taken in 2001. Sorry, but MM's 2001 message did NOT include dire sexual issues. Based on the ACTIONS taken by MULTIPLE persons in 2001...MM's current "sexual" or "Child abuse" testimony is AN OUTRIGHT LIE!!!

Last edited:
He was too upset to say I saw a sexual assault but not too upset to talk about slapping sounds? BS.

Agree....MM was not a 19 year old 'kid', he was a 25-26 year old man. I can understand the locker slam and 'running out', as who knows what happens in that exact situation. But after calming down 30-60 minutes later and being able to talk to your father and a trusted family friend who is a physician, you spill your guts. Graphic details and all, what is their to be embarrassed about with your dad and a trusted family friend. The fact that neither JM or Dranov called the police with MM that night tells me that MM never said anything sexual happened as both of those guys would have had zero reason not to call the police if MM said he saw a sex act. And if MM tells Joe he saw a sex act, I am also 100% sure that Joe would have driven him the police office himself. And if MM tells C/S that he saw a sex act, there is no reason that they would not report it to DPW.

BUT>>>>>>if MM only says he saw JS and a kid in the shower and he heard some sounds, then everything that happened make 100% perfect sense for all 6 other people who heard MM's story.

again tell us what MM saw? especially in the 1 sec he admitted to. MM was an ear witness, not an eye witness.

Agree....MM was not a 19 year old 'kid', he was a 25-26 year old man. I can understand the locker slam and 'running out', as who knows what happens in that exact situation. But after calming down 30-60 minutes later and being able to talk to your father and a trusted family friend who is a physician, you spill your guts. Graphic details and all, what is their to be embarrassed about with your dad and a trusted family friend. The fact that neither JM or Dranov called the police with MM that night tells me that MM never said anything sexual happened as both of those guys would have had zero reason not to call the police if MM said he saw a sex act. And if MM tells Joe he saw a sex act, I am also 100% sure that Joe would have driven him the police office himself. And if MM tells C/S that he saw a sex act, there is no reason that they would not report it to DPW.

BUT>>>>>>if MM only says he saw JS and a kid in the shower and he heard some sounds, then everything that happened make 100% perfect sense for all 6 other people who heard MM's story.

But, why call daddy-o mere minutes later FROM the Lasch Building, no less. MM obviously felt it was important enough to seek immediate advice/help.

If MM didn't see anything, why call?

So, if I understand MM:

...he slams his locker;

Why hasn't anyone asked Mike "When you went back to your office, why did you call your father instead of calling the police?"

That was the time to call the police, not the following morning, not 2 days later, not 10 years later... you call them IMMEDIATELY. Why didn't his father say "Mike, did you call the police? ... No? Are you insane?! Hang-up NOW and call the police."... no he tells him to come home, then hangs up and calls his friend Dr Dranov so they can 'talk about it'... What kind of father does that?

Sorry, this should have gone to the police FIRST, not his father, not Dr Dranov, not Joe Paterno... no one other than the people who could actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Why hasn't anyone asked Mike "When you went back to your office, why did you call your father instead of calling the police?"

That was the time to call the police, not the following morning, not 2 days later, not 10 years later... you call them IMMEDIATELY. Why didn't his father say "Mike, did you call the police? ... No? Are you insane?! Hang-up NOW and call the police."... no he tells him to come home, then hangs up and calls his friend Dr Dranov so they can 'talk about it'... What kind of father does that?

Sorry, this should have gone to the police FIRST, not his father, not Dr Dranov, not Joe Paterno... no one other than the people who could actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
The problem with all of that is, MM didn't see anything, so when the police ask, what did you see? the answer is JS in the shower with a boy. Okay, what else? what does he have? Crickets.

The problem with all of that is, MM didn't see anything, so when the police ask, what did you see? the answer is JS in the shower with a boy. Okay, what else? what does he have? Crickets.

If he was so damned upset and bothered by what he 'witnessed' then the ONLY logical course of action, and advised course of action was 'call the f'ing police!' nothing else was going to result in anything other than a 'you are not allowed on campus with TSM kids'. That is the problem, if anyone other than MM called police little to nothing happens because it is all hearsay. MM can't come out now and say he didn't see anything because... whoa the can of a crap storm that would open up!

But, why call daddy-o mere minutes later FROM the Lasch Building, no less. MM obviously felt it was important enough to seek immediate advice/help.

If MM didn't see anything, why call?

You answered your own question, it was important enough to seek immediate advice. As MM did not know what he saw/heard. It shook him. But after sitting down with his father and trusted friend, who admitted they probed him multiple times whether or not he witnessed JS in a sex act, both JM and Dranov said that Mike told them he saw no sex act. Why is that so tough to believe.

So what you want me to believe is that he told JM and Dranov he saw sodomy and both of them said see Joe in the morning? Seriously?

Or you want me to believe that he did NOT tell JM and Dranov but decided to tell Joe that he witnessed sodomy and Joe said I'll set up a meeting so you can tell Tim Curley? Seriously?

So you want me to believe that MM did NOT tell JM, Dranov, or Joe but a few days later decided to tell Curley/Schultz he saw sodomy and both of them decided to do nothing to 'protect the football program'? And came up with a conspiracy where they would tell JR at second mile a story that JR should have called DPW but they knew that the story was just watered down enough so that JR would not because C/S are shut master criminal minds? Seriously?

OR....MM tells all 6 people the same story, the same story that all 6 people have testified to that MM never told them a sex act occurred and then everything makes perfect sense.

If he was so damned upset and bothered by what he 'witnessed' then the ONLY logical course of action, and advised course of action was 'call the f'ing police!' nothing else was going to result in anything other than a 'you are not allowed on campus with TSM kids'. That is the problem, if anyone other than MM called police little to nothing happens because it is all hearsay. MM can't come out now and say he didn't see anything because... whoa the can of a crap storm that would open up!
he has said from day 1, he didn't see anything other than a 1 second glance, all the rest has been added on but him and is conjecture. Read his testimony.

Reactions: RussianEagle
Don't discount the possibility that McQueary was reluctant to be explicit with Joe and maybe with Curley and Schultz because McQueary didn't want to jeopardize any chance that he might have to land a full-time assistant job. This could have been John McQueary's counsel to his son as well, but I doubt Dr. Dranov would have counseled Mike that way. It might also explain why Mike told Joe weeks later that he was "okay" with Old Main's response, if indeed McQueary was responding about the Lasch shower incident rather than his general welfare.

Perhaps McQueary was trying to walk the line between reporting something he felt was seriously wrong and not screwing up his job prospects. If so, he tripped and fell off that tightrope.

Regardless, we're all trying to read McQueary mind and contort the actual words he's stated in open court. Which is why the controversies surrounding this tragedy will forever go unresolved among a segment of Penn State alums. Most of the world has already moved on and these C/S/S verdicts, one way or another, will pretty much end any residual debate among the public at large a day or two after the Spanier verdict and the C/S sentencing. That will effectively be the end of it, except on Penn State sports message boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: clickhere 01

Hey, guys - I forget. Does anybody know what the number for 911???

Don't you just HATE the fact that Joe Paterno met with Mike McQueary on Saturday that he ordered the McQuearys not to call the police on Friday night? I know I do.

You answered your own question, it was important enough to seek immediate advice. As MM did not know what he saw/heard. It shook him. But after sitting down with his father and trusted friend, who admitted they probed him multiple times whether or not he witnessed JS in a sex act, both JM and Dranov said that Mike told them he saw no sex act. Why is that so tough to believe.

So what you want me to believe is that he told JM and Dranov he saw sodomy and both of them said see Joe in the morning? Seriously?

Or you want me to believe that he did NOT tell JM and Dranov but decided to tell Joe that he witnessed sodomy and Joe said I'll set up a meeting so you can tell Tim Curley? Seriously?

So you want me to believe that MM did NOT tell JM, Dranov, or Joe but a few days later decided to tell Curley/Schultz he saw sodomy and both of them decided to do nothing to 'protect the football program'? And came up with a conspiracy where they would tell JR at second mile a story that JR should have called DPW but they knew that the story was just watered down enough so that JR would not because C/S are shut master criminal minds? Seriously?

OR....MM tells all 6 people the same story, the same story that all 6 people have testified to that MM never told them a sex act occurred and then everything makes perfect sense.

Didn't MM just testify this week that he made it CLEAR (in court) to TC and GS in 2001 that what he witnessed was "sexual in nature"??? Am I missing something?

Yet, it was NOT "sexual in nature" when he spoke to daddy-o and Dr Dranov Friday night? It was CLEARLY not "sexual in nature" so much so that Friday night that all three slept comfortably. They collectively decided to tell Joe in the morning.

Yet, this event MM witnessed that (ahem) was NOT "sexual in nature" spooked MM so much that he had to phone daddy-o from his office mere minutes after seeing them. Why call?

So, daddy-o and Dr Dranov say MM was too upset and could only speak about "those slapping sounds". But, he was able to speak about the "sexual nature" the next day and following week, just NOT that night to a PA and a physician.

Tell me again why I consistently get banned on this board? Because if you really really really don't see something fvcking strange here, you need help - serious fvcking help.

Jerry has stated that he never saw who came into the shower. Never knew it was Mike until much later. Yeah, I know, "how much is Jerry's word worth" blah blah blah. But why would he lie about THAT?

I know why Mike would lie, or why he would be encouraged to add that tidbit by the investigators....

I do find it interesting the most people think Jerry is such a great liar/manipulator that absolutely nothing of value can be gleaned from the John Ziegler interviews, but will chalk up his hesitations in the Bob Costas interview as him being inherently reluctant to lie.

Last edited:
Reactions: dshumbero

During the grand jury testimony, Joe did say he waited a day to contact Tim, because he didn't want to interrupt his weekend. The evidence later revealed that Joe actually did contact Tim that same day. Joe actually made a false statement that made him look worse than the truth. The obvious explanation is the aged Joe simply forgot and likely had this incident confused with another one (that certainly did not involve this scandal).

This completely blows out of the water the theory that Joe knew about 1998, but lied about it in order to cover his butt. If Joe was looking to cover his butt in the GJ testimony and any subsequent interviews, he certainly would not say he waited a day to contact Tim after hearing Mike's report. The obvious answer concerning 1998 is that Tim gave him very little details of the investigation on Jerry and Joe simply forgot about it.

Didn't MM just testify this week that he made it CLEAR (in court) to TC and GS in 2001 that what he witnessed was "sexual in nature"??? Am I missing something?

Yet, it was NOT "sexual in nature" when he spoke to daddy-o and Dr Dranov Friday night? It was CLEARLY not "sexual in nature" so much so that Friday night that all three slept comfortably. They collectively decided to tell Joe in the morning.

Yet, this event MM witnessed that (ahem) was NOT "sexual in nature" spooked MM so much that he had to phone daddy-o from his office mere minutes after seeing them. Why call?

So, daddy-o and Dr Dranov say MM was too upset and could only speak about "those slapping sounds". But, he was able to speak about the "sexual nature" the next day and following week, just NOT that night to a PA and a physician.

Tell me again why I consistently get banned on this board? Because if you really really really don't see something fvcking strange here, you need help - serious fvcking help.

No, I don't believe that MM was too 'shook up' to tell his dad and Dranov what happened that night but somehow was able to tell C/S many days later. And then not tell his dad or Dranov anytime after the meeting with C/S that he told C/S that he saw JS sodomizing a boy. I don't think that is realistic at all.

I think THAT is the problem... in 2001 he DIDN'T make it clear, and only later extrapolated that he did in order to:
1. Attempt to save face
2. To keep from being prosecuted for HIS crimes
3. To cover his ass - no matter who he took down

HE IS LYING!!!!!!!!!

Don't discount the possibility that McQueary was reluctant to be explicit with Joe and maybe with Curley and Schultz because McQueary didn't want to jeopardize any chance that he might have to land a full-time assistant job. This could have been John McQueary's counsel to his son as well, but I doubt Dr. Dranov would have counseled Mike that way. It might also explain why Mike told Joe weeks later that he was "okay" with Old Main's response, if indeed McQueary was responding about the Lasch shower incident rather than his general welfare.

Perhaps McQueary was trying to walk the line between reporting something he felt was seriously wrong and not screwing up his job prospects. If so, he tripped and fell off that tightrope.

Regardless, we're all trying to read McQueary mind and contort the actual words he's stated in open court. Which is why the controversies surrounding this tragedy will forever go unresolved among a segment of Penn State alums. Most of the world has already moved on and these C/S/S verdicts, one way or another, will pretty much end any residual debate among the public at large a day or two after the Spanier verdict and the C/S sentencing. That will effectively be the end of it, except on Penn State sports message boards.

Again, I ask, was this the real conspiracy?

Of course McQueary never used the word "horseplay"; it's a polysyllable.

If it is what he fears why doesn't MM just stay in the locker room until the situation is resolved. Call the cops right at that moment. Are we not responsible as citizens to report crimes? When the cops arrive you explain what you saw and the incident is reported and the police take it from there. Why is that not the first only step needed? You decide, I'll slam the locker, leave the kid all alone with Jerry and call my Dad? Wow. MM's cowardly response ends up destroying four men, an entire community, hundreds of thousands alumni and he walks off with $12MM. Nice.

Reactions: Locolion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT