ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Mauti released ...

i really thought he would be a beast in the NFL - several guys from the same team who were not nearly as good have survived. Mauti and Devon Still are two guys I thought were sure things in the league.

Didn't he have an ACL tear on each leg? That's tough to overcome at LB.

He also has colitis. Lost like 40lbs.

Sad to hear this news. Hope someone picks him up..... maybe even James Franklin & staff ?!

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
We have a linebacker coach; are suggesting we fire him for someone who has never coached. Get a life. Use the brain before you put the mouth in gear.

Reactions: psu7113 and 4rosco
We have a linebacker coach; are suggesting we fire him for someone who has never coached. Get a life. Use the brain before you put the mouth in gear.
All former PSU greats would make fine coaches for the program. Well in some minds anyway.

Reactions: TheGLOV and psu7113
Good! Well not really but, if he calls it a career, then CJF should immediately name him our linebacker coach and send him out on the recruiting trail!
If he gives up his career, why do I suspect he'd rather be the next great 'sideline ' reporter or some such thing

Reactions: TheGLOV
With his history of knee problems, surprised he survived this long. Heart will take you wherever you want but body only goes so far.

^^This

The cheap shot by the IU running back in 2012 still makes me sick. Mauti truly was, when healthy, one of the best linebackers we've ever had. Few can take over a game like he did.

Mike Mauti cut by the Saints

Word is he list alot of weight after his surgeries. I'd be shocked if we don't see him again. But, wonder if he will be on our sidelines at some point??

Dear sh*t head:

The addition of a young, dynamic, distinguished PSU football player can only enhance our image.

You sire need 2 table-spoons of your own advice. Never said to fire him. You only made an ass out of yourself for assuming so. Get a life,..? Got one and it is great. Use my brain,...well it helped me kick your ass in my response for sure.

Sickles cut by Colts, Mauti by Saints

Reading through the NFL cut list and those stood out. Kyle Carter got cut but they think he will be on the practice squad again

^^This

The cheap shot by the IU running back in 2012 still makes me sick. Mauti truly was, when healthy, one of the best linebackers we've ever had. Few can take over a game like he did.

Or rally players at a program on the brink. He was a great LB when healthy but I'm also impressed he overcame those injuries this long. Who knows where he goes, or what he does, from here.

No matter, He'll always be among my favorites for the role he played in this program's history.

Dear sh*t head:

The addition of a young, dynamic, distinguished PSU football player can only enhance our image.

You sire need 2 table-spoons of your own advice. Never said to fire him. You only made an ass out of yourself for assuming so. Get a life,..? Got one and it is great. Use my brain,...well it helped me kick your ass in my response for sure.

Hi it is me ****head

Your words from above: "Good! Well not really but, if he calls it a career, then CJF should immediately name him our linebacker coach and send him out on the recruiting trail!"

Certainly implies that we need a new LB Coach and Recruiter!

Sickles should have stayed in school!

i thought Sickles graduated. did he have a 5th year available? same story as Barnes who graduated but could have given it one more year in grad school. for the guys who are not sure things, getting the masters degree at PSU is a huge benefit. Didnt McGloin finish his MBA during his final year? just makes alot more sense to stay and get MS/MA/MBA, etc when you know you may never even be drafted.

not sure where the advice comes from.

Reactions: smealpsu2005
Hi it is me ****head

Your words from above: "Good! Well not really but, if he calls it a career, then CJF should immediately name him our linebacker coach and send him out on the recruiting trail!"

Certainly implies that we need a new LB Coach and Recruiter!

Your back! And you brought your two brain cells with you. How nice!

Run along now junior.

If Mauti doesn't get picked up by another team, I could see him being very effective on the Penn State recruiting staff in a role similar to what Justin King does for the program now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT