ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State.....well they're not all that now are they?

Howie'81

Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
West Orange, NJ
So many people here fearing MSU before the season, wondering if we can beat them. I'm on record before the season either here or in the Den that we will beat MSU handily. Doubt me now? MSU is very overrated. And don't give me nonsense about last year's game. It was a true anomaly for numerous reasons.

Reactions: step.eng69
So many people here fearing MSU before the season, wondering if we can beat them. I'm on record before the season either here or in the Den that we will beat MSU handily. Doubt me now? MSU is very overrated. And don't give me nonsense about last year's game. It was a true anomaly for numerous reasons.

Last year's MSU game was a perfect storm. The weather sucked and there was a 3 1/2 hour delay sitting idle in a visitor's locker room. PSU was beaten up after the OSU game and was missing players like Buchholz. (OSU was beaten up too as evidenced by their blowout loss to Iowa).

That said, Lewerke looked like a Heisman candidate against our defense and they return a lot of players. PSU should certainly be favored at home but I don't see a blowout. Arizona State on the road wasn't an easy game for them. Lewerke was 27/39 for 314 yards but they had a tough time stopping the pass.

Last year's MSU game was a perfect storm. The weather sucked and there was a 3 1/2 hour delay sitting idle in a visitor's locker room. PSU was beaten up after the OSU game and was missing players like Buchholz. (OSU was beaten up too as evidenced by their blowout loss to Iowa).

That said, Lewerke looked like a Heisman candidate against our defense and they return a lot of players. PSU should certainly be favored at home but I don't see a blowout. Arizona State on the road wasn't an easy game for them. Lewerke was 27/39 for 314 yards but they had a tough time stopping the pass.
Wow, how do you have 300+ yards passing and score just 1 TD and 13 points?

Reactions: stormingnorm
They still concern me.We could not get any pressure on their quarterback, he picked us apart and they were very physical. Fortunately we get them after an open date.

Reactions: marshall23
Was really shocked to see in another post that they have the same record as Pitt in their last 25 games.

Not sure how much information you can really glean from a very close road game against a decent team at midnight in 100 degree weather. It's a damn shame for the perception of the conference that they lost, but I don't see how you can write them off based on it.

Reactions: marshall23
Too bad we're their first challenging BiG game. They'll probably be 4-1 (2-0) when they arrive at PSU and they'll probably still think they've got a chance to contend.

Year to Year projections of games are even more meaningless than comparative score projections during the same season.

Meaning, what happened last year, is meaningless, no matter who is playing who.

They still concern me.We could not get any pressure on their quarterback, he picked us apart and they were very physical. Fortunately we get them after an open date.
Again, what happens LAST YEAR has zero meaning in football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT