ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan going blue in end zone.....

Toledo news station reported this morning UM is looking to make their end zone blue for upcoming season.

I'm sure this board can come up with some humorous one-liners.

OL

Their Picasso moment...

Reactions: LionJim
calls to mind an old Bobby Vinton song:

Blue on blue, heartache on heartache
Blue on blue now that we are through
Blue on blue, heartache on heartache
And I find I can't get over losing ... [you]

OMG. I just found this thread and was searching for BV's song to link and play... and in a stunning surprise (not), OB beat me to it. Glad I scrolled down first haha.

Great minds thinking alike again... lol.

Reactions: Option Bob
I'd have bet their endzones were already blue. Goes to show how much Michigan football I watch.

Guess they miss the Rose Bowl Style coloring I assume with no prospects of going back either

it has been a decade after all

Toledo news station reported this morning UM is looking to make their end zone blue for upcoming season.

OL
This one will insult them above all others....

Who cares. It’s just Michigan.

And I really hope that stings. Yes, they’ll beat us from time to time. But let’s focus on better programs, like tOSU.

Every reply in the thread was golden lol. But speaking of painted endzones, michigan or not, I get hyped when a field has painted endzones. Its weird. Something about seeing those all blue endzones with PENN STATE painted in white. Goes for any team for that matter; I'm a Steelers fan and wish Heinz Field's were painted yellow (similar to the Super Bowl endzones)

Last edited:
Df_M1I9WsAAo4AK.jpg

Every reply in the thread was golden lol. But speaking of painted endzones, michigan or not, I get hyped when a field has painted endzones. Its weird. Something about seeing those all blue endzones with PENN STATE painted in white. Goes for any team for that matter; I'm a Steelers fan and wish Heinz Field's were painted yellow (similar to the Super Bowl endzones)
Nah, I long for the white and powder blue diamand patten end zone that Penn State had in the 80's.

Nah, I long for the white and powder blue diamand patten end zone that Penn State had in the 80's.

I think that 70’s - think it had the Nittany Lion chipmunk with PennState when I arrived in 82.

70's
73 vs pitt

psuhist1.jpg

76 vs Ohio State
psuhist5.jpg

1982 vs Pitt
80's was the light blue background with white letters early then maybe the chipmunk later in the decade
1982_Pitt.jpg

Paint the seats blue and shrink them by another 2 inches to squeeze in a couple thousand more.

70's
73 vs pitt

psuhist1.jpg

76 vs Ohio State
psuhist5.jpg

1982 vs Pitt
80's was the light blue background with white letters early then maybe the chipmunk later in the decade
1982_Pitt.jpg
They had diamonds for at least one season in the 80s I think, without the Penn State written in it.

OL
They should make the endzones the color of Harbaugh's boogers.

One thing I'd love to see us do is put our logo at mid-field. Franklin is all about "branding". But they are missing the most obvious case of 'free branding" available. And that's the free 3-hour advertisement of hosting a game on TV. You have a home game on TV, and 90% of the time mid-field is on the screen.... why not have a big Nittany Lion Logo on the TV screen 90% of the time on a 3-hour program???

One thing I'd love to see us do is put our logo at mid-field. Franklin is all about "branding". But they are missing the most obvious case of 'free branding" available. And that's the free 3-hour advertisement of hosting a game on TV. You have a home game on TV, and 90% of the time mid-field is on the screen.... why not have a big Nittany Lion Logo on the TV screen 90% of the time on a 3-hour program???

7304-DEFAULT-l.jpg.cf.jpg

I actually just like the lionhead logo at midfield. It's a great geometric shape for a mid-field logo. The lionhead logo is basically the same geometric "football shape" as the Green Bay Packer "G". Look at pictures of the big Packer "G" logo at midfield of Lambeau Field and that is basically what we could do with our lionhead logo.

Again, not only would it be a great look, but it would have our branding logo prominently displayed on TV every home game for about 3 straight hours.

How about a giant middle finger, and the words "Harbaugh #1".

I actually just like the lionhead logo at midfield. It's a great geometric shape for a mid-field logo. The lionhead logo is basically the same geometric "football shape" as the Green Bay Packer "G". Look at pictures of the big Packer "G" logo at midfield of Lambeau Field and that is basically what we could do with our lionhead logo.

Again, not only would it be a great look, but it would have our branding logo prominently displayed on TV every home game for about 3 straight hours.
I like the Nittany chipmunk head in the state silhouette. And agree on the branding.

For fun, I’d also like to see the keystone with the S, like the hat I once bought at lions pride.

Agree 100%. And paint the endzones our beautiful dark Navy with white letters for Penn State.

Reactions: psu00 and ELDADDY
This one will insult them above all others....

Who cares. It’s just Michigan.

And I really hope that stings. Yes, they’ll beat us from time to time. But let’s focus on better programs, like tOSU.

"Yes, they’ll beat us from time to time" Michigan 13 wins vs. PSU 8. I guess that " from time to time" in Pennsylvania means a losing record.

And I remember when PSU joined the big Ten and all the talk from Penn State fans was about PSU dominating the Big TEN.

As Jon Jansen said when he first heard PSU students chant "We are Penn State" at Beaver Stadium he replied to his Michigan teammates "Well, we aren't Temple".

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
"Yes, they’ll beat us from time to time" Michigan 13 wins vs. PSU 8. I guess that " from time to time" in Pennsylvania means a losing record.

And I remember when PSU joined the big Ten and all the talk from Penn State fans was about PSU dominating the Big TEN.

As Jon Jansen said when he first heard PSU students chant "We are Penn State" at Beaver Stadium he replied to his Michigan teammates "Well, we aren't Temple".
Yea, and when Kijana Carter heard Hail to the Victors he said we aren't Indiana.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

If I recall the talk was from Michigan fans telling us how Penn State Football was nothing and we should bow down to you. It was quite the welcome as even the putz Delaney has admitted.

Reactions: nittany dave

Nice.
In Pennsylvania, "they'll' or "they will" projects into the future and does not speak to the past. Some of my best friends are Michigan grads and they're pretty smart. So I trust you're proficient in English and are simply choosing to focus on the past. I don't blame you. Both of our programs have great history.

But since I was looking to the future, and since you're not Temple, I trust you'll beat us from time to time. It's to be expected, even though most objective viewers agree things look pretty promising for us, and have hankering doubts for your program, over the next handful of seasons.

Who knows. You guys certainly have a solid program. But if we're quoting Michigan men, I have one that better explains why UM isn't the standard it once was: "in the last few decades, we haven't had a lot of signature wins, but we've had a lot of signature losses."

Beating your team is important, but it's not the goal. Beating your rival is more important. Good luck v. ND.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Madsol
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT