ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan doesn't respect us.

There's really nothing wrong with Michigan fans. Some jerks but also a lot of thoughtful, respectful fans. Penn State is not really their focus right now. They are obsessed with Ohio State; that's the big monkey on Harbaugh's back and it will stay there until he beats the Buckeyes (which of course may never happen).

You can't really blame Michigan for not respecting PSU last year as they had such an easy time with the PSU defense. And yeah PSU was shorthanded at LB. But just as big a factor was that PSU didn't match up well on the LOS. They were bigger and stronger.

This year it should be more equal. PSU doesn't have to better on the LOS to beat Michigan, but they have to be reasonably competitive, and then PSU's skill players can win the game.

But if Michigan's huge line is able to put up a wall and PSU can't get pressure on Wilton Speight, it will look like Penn State Michigan games from the past.

So I think this game kind of comes down to how healthy PSU is at LB and how the young PSU DEs are playing at that point in the season. That, and blocking Rashaun Gary.

Menet did a nice job blocking Gary during the one on ones 2 years ago. You could tell Gary was pissed since he was thought to be "Unblockable" at the time. Maybe Menet can do it again, although Gary appears to be lining up at DE. Menet is as technically sound as any OL we have had in years.

Menet did a nice job blocking Gary during the one on ones 2 years ago. You could tell Gary was pissed since he was thought to be "Unblockable" at the time. Maybe Menet can do it again, although Gary appears to be lining up at DE. Menet is as technically sound as any OL we have had in years.

Hope he gets healthy. Can't wait to see him play. Should be on track to be a starter in 2018 after Nelson and Mahon graduate.

Well, 1999 also had the pass interference on Brandon Short when Short was 5 yards from the guy he supposedly interfered with. Michigan received 2 PI calls on their TD drive.

Many fans forget that the 1993 loss was aided primarily by a sack-fumble-TD return being called back and ruled an incomplete "forward" pass although the ball was picked up behind the QB! That ref was later honored at halftime of a game at Michigan when he retired ... show of gratitude, I guess.

I am hoping that last season signaled a new trend in fair play, for even the game with John O'Neill was fairly officiated, I think. While it still seems as if every positive impactful PSU play is reviewed, I don't recall any of them being overturned on review.

Those 2 plays always enter my mind when I think of screw jobs by the referines. Short had the tight end m2m in the slot, chucked him at the LOS and stayed on his hip down the seam. Brady overthrew the pass since Short mucked up the timing so I guess the ref had to call something to save Michigan.

Don't care.

proxy.php

Place​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT