ADVERTISEMENT

Merck scientist accused of producing date-rape drugs at home

Company has been in a tail spin for so long now.... Know so many who work there and are miserable just fearing for the jobs going to work everyday. Executives pulling in all different directions... crazy.

If Frazier kept taking his full salary and bonuses after laying people off, Merck's workforce does not owe him or the company anything more than perfunctory compliance and a 9 to 5 mentality. As a stockholder, I voted my shares against him for this reason as well as his proven lack of character at Penn State.

Company has been in a tail spin for so long now.... Know so many who work there and are miserable just fearing for the jobs going to work everyday. Executives pulling in all different directions... crazy.

Wrong. Their stock has done very well since Frazier took over. You might want to check your facts.

Last edited:
MRK is up about 80% the last 5 years and they pay a 3% dividend. Not too shabby. Better performance than Intel, Microsoft, GE, BAC, PFE, and many other Fortune 500 companies.

That does not even include the spinoff Medco with then merged with Express Scripts. ESRX had done great.

This is where the Joebots get all upset because someone comes to the table with facts.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=mrk&fr=uh3_finance_web&uhb=uhb2

And the stock was $35 a share. Today it is pushing $60 with a 3% dividend. They also had a spinoff that is way up. Like I said, you might want to check your facts.
And you might want to direct your comments to the correct poster. All I did was give the facts for others to interpret. I agree that it has performed relatively well.

McAndrew might ban you for that.
I'm getting ready to ban myself. I just checked Pfizer and Novartis over the same time frame and it would appear that they performed well too. Merck has performed in line with those competitors.

Last edited:
Wrong. Their stock has done very well since Frazier took over. You might want to check your facts.

I don't need to check anything. I know several people who have won multi million dollar lawsuits for discrimination as well as well over dozen people who still currently work there and tell you what exactly is happening on the inside... geez not even going to go into this further waste of time.

And what's the price of tea in China? Just because the stock goes up doesn't mean the company isn't going to Hell as far as the workers are concerned.

Reactions: WeR0206
I don't need to check anything. I know several people who have won multi million dollar lawsuits for discrimination as well as well over dozen people who still currently work there and tell you what exactly is happening on the inside... geez not even going to go into this further waste of time.

I don't know who you know there but your post is BS. Are your dozen friends shackled to their desks or are they free to leave to find a better job elsewhere where the conditions are not so deplorable? Merck is a good company with great benefits and quality of life.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT