ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Volleyball

Bylion

May 29, 2001
Any body watch Penn State Men’s volleyball team. Can’t believe how poor they look. Time to make some chsnges

Any body watch Penn State Men’s volleyball team. Can’t believe how poor they look. Time to make some chsnges

Losing to some pretty poor teams in EIVA play. Should not be losing to st Francis or mason.

In the BigTen, only OSU and Penn State have teams. It is a sport few care about. Dump it, along with baseball.

Reactions: ralphster
I care fair. I really do.

I am sure you do GLOV, and I will say this....
caring3.jpg

Reactions: TheGLOV
He is a good man. He tried, just as he has on the BOT, but sometimes the task is impossible.
Thomas Edison had a few quotes that may apply.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up."

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Reactions: fairgambit

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Sisyphus said much the same thing well before Edison. Sometimes reality dictates a reorientation of objectives.

I knew Thomas Edison. Thomas Edison was a friend of mine. You quoted him correctly, but incompletely. He said:

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work, and when faced the task of reforming the Penn State Board of Trustees, or making their baseball team a winner, there are 100,000 more ways that won't work, and life is to short to try them all."

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up, unless you are dealing with the Penn State Board of Trustees, or their baseball team, in which case it is better to give up than waste your time."

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work, or because it is dressed like the majority members of the Penn State Board of Trustees and you know your efforts will never work."
;)

Reactions: Agoodnap
Damn, we can't even discuss whether or not the Baseball or Men's Volleyball can be competitive without trashing the BOT. :)

Reactions: stormingnorm

I knew Thomas Edison. Thomas Edison was a friend of mine. You quoted him correctly, but incompletely. He said:

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work, and when faced the task of reforming the Penn State Board of Trustees, or making their baseball team a winner, there are 100,000 more ways that won't work, and life is to short to try them all."

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up, unless you are dealing with the Penn State Board of Trustees, or their baseball team, in which case it is better to give up than waste your time."

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work, or because it is dressed like the majority members of the Penn State Board of Trustees and you know your efforts will never work."
;)

Thanks, Sis.:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT