ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s hockey 7pm on NBC sports

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
The men visit Notre Dame this weekend in a crucial two game series that has lots of playoff implications. The game tonight is televised on NBC sports instead of the customary BTN at 7pm.

Do they have a painting of Power Play Goal Jesus on side of the hockey arena?
Don’t know about that but there is a confessional in the penalty box!
ppconfesor200209.jpg

Trying to keep up on tracker in between family movie night. ;-) Sounds like ND scored around the 12 minute mark, but it got taken off the board. Almost end of first 0-0.

PP to ND in the last minute of the period. Terrible call. Called a major penalty based on a height differential.

The men visit Notre Dame this weekend in a crucial two game series that has lots of playoff implications. The game tonight is televised on NBC sports instead of the customary BTN at 7pm.
Just win the dang game!

Sounds like that 5-minute major was totally bogus. Hopefully the team can play well tomorrow night to take some momentum into the quarterfinals. Pretty much B1G Champs or bust at this point.

Do we at least get a point out of this since it went to OT?
No. A goal during the first 5-on-5 OT is treated as a win. A goal during the second 3-on-3 OT is counted like a SOW (so, 2 points and loser gets 1 point). Man... that bogus major was a killer. Would have liked PSU's chances without that penalty. Then again... don't give up the 4-1 lead lol. The loss sucks.

Last edited:
Sounds like that 5-minute major was totally bogus. Hopefully the team can play well tomorrow night to take some momentum into the quarterfinals. Pretty much B1G Champs or bust at this point.
It was bogus...it was a 6’8” guy running into a much smaller player...elbows down...didn’t leave the ice. Not his fault his elbows are at the guy’s head level. And then to call it a 5 minute major (going into OT)?!!? Total BS.

It was bogus...it was a 6’8” guy running into a much smaller player...elbows down...didn’t leave the ice. Not his fault his elbows are at the guy’s head level. And then to call it a 5 minute major (going into OT)?!!? Total BS.
The PSU radio crew - who I feel are pretty fair - were totally baffled by the call well into the post-game show and made the same point you make - Pav got penalized for being tall. Sheesh.

So... if Michigan beats Wisconsin tonight (currently leading 3-2 in the 2nd), I think that locks PSU into 5th place and trip to Minneapolis to face the Gophers.

Wisconsin came back to beat Michigan 5-4 in OT (sounds familiar), so PSU still has a punchers chance at hosting. IF both PSU and Wisconsin win, PSU slides up to 4th ahead of Michigan. If PSU loses and Wisconsin wins, PSU slides to 6th behind Wisconsin (and then travels back to South Bend next weekend I think).

Would have moved up to 15th with win. I still cannot believe team blew that lead. If that damn shot that hit the post would have went in...

This team can be so dangerous however this will be a season of what ifs upon reflection.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Would have moved up to 15th with win. I still cannot believe team blew that lead. If that damn shot that hit the post would have went in...

This team can be so dangerous however this will be a season of what ifs upon reflection.
Like what if we had 6’3” players instead of 6’8” giants?

Or what if the refs, upon reviewing the replay of the Davey vs Goliath collision, still decided to keep their collective heads up their asses?

No, more like what if we would stop blowing leads, and what if the team would show up for 60 minutes more often. This team has shown that when they actually play 60 minutes of Penn State hockey they don’t lose and they shred teams. My comment had nothing to do with call on Pav. Team has been Jekyl and Hyde this season.

Every time I looked at the game last night PSU was on penalty kill. Over and over again. Looked at OT, oh the whole thing is penalty kill, makes sense.

Terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT