ADVERTISEMENT

Mayfield

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Whats with the dude? He has the CFB world by its cojones but still acts like a jerk. He reminds me of Johnny Manziel. Let’s not be fooled again.

I really don’t like to call out players....but when you act like that you deserve it.

Baker Mayfield is a dick. I don’t see how he loses the Heisman at this point, unfortunately.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Whats with the dude? He has the CFB world by its cojones but still acts like a jerk. He reminds me of Johnny Manziel. Let’s not be fooled again.

I agree. The comparison to Manziel is pretty good. His actions tonight were pathetic. (The espn announcers excusing it as part of ‘normal’ trash talking in football were just as pathetic IMO).

It’s to the point now where I just don’t believe the guy anymore when he gives his coach ordered PR apology in the post game press conference.

That said, the Kansas team’s lack of character was on full display with their refusal to shake hands with Oklahoma pregame. I really hope the KU coach gets grilled over his team’s behavior as well.

Reactions: BBrown
Not excusing the KU behavior but there was a reason for KU to stand with their heads down and hands behind their back when in Mayfield’s presence. They did it during the game, too. What were they messaging?

Well maybe if the Kansas players haven't acted like asses and refused to shake hands, remember how that went over here, he would have been on better behavior.
I have no problem with what he did today.

Not excusing the KU behavior but there was a reason for KU to stand with their heads down and hands behind their back when in Mayfield’s presence. They did it during the game, too. What were they messaging?

So what was the reason or the message?
And not shaking hands to start the game is not a good look.

I used to care about the Heisman but look at that list from 2000 on...sweet baby Jesus! I feel like your better off to NOT win it. Outside of Cam Newton, not one player has made a significant impact in the NFL.

Baker fits the profile of a Heisman winner...irrelevancy in 4 years.

Reactions: vops
what Kansas did was bush league.....just wrong.....but responding like that is worse....you really want to let some team with one freaking win get under your skin like that? He should have laughed at those clowns

Reactions: WDLion
I used to care about the Heisman but look at that list from 2000 on...sweet baby Jesus! I feel like your better off to NOT win it. Outside of Cam Newton, not one player has made a significant impact in the NFL.

Baker fits the profile of a Heisman winner...irrelevancy in 4 years.

A walk-on fits the profile of a Heisman winner? Can't make it at Texas Tech. Can't Make it at Oklahoma. Can't make it in the NFL. K.

One headline asked if Mayfield wanted to be Drew Brees or Johnny Manzeil. I'm sure he'd say Brees, but he acts and - I'd guess - will end up like Manzeil. He's a good QB for the Big 12, but when he hits a league that actually plays defense that story may change.

I'm pretty certain he'll win the Heisman because so many media pogues, who vote for it, have been making excuses for him and tooting his horn since he got to OU. In particular, he's frequently praised as a former-walk-on-makes-good. Sure, he walked on at TT, but he was a 3* with several D1 offers in hand, not like he was overlooked in HS. (Makes me wonder why so many colleges passed on him, though.) Give me a McGloin - zero *s, zero offers from any level - FWOMG story any day.

Baker should have said to the Kansas captains , "we are going to hang 50 on you guys today , instead of" i got you Heisman right here" moment.

I agree. The comparison to Manziel is pretty good. His actions tonight were pathetic. (The espn announcers excusing it as part of ‘normal’ trash talking in football were just as pathetic IMO).

It’s to the point now where I just don’t believe the guy anymore when he gives his coach ordered PR apology in the post game press conference.

That said, the Kansas team’s lack of character was on full display with their refusal to shake hands with Oklahoma pregame. I really hope the KU coach gets grilled over his team’s behavior as well.
Too bad Penn State didn't have an off week. Franklin could have mediated more sportsmanlike behavior....and to jump another's expected post, let's remind ourselves of the culture problem at Penn State.

Reactions: psu00
Didn’t Mayfield have some run in with the cops this summer? Recall a video of him being tackled in the streets.

A walk-on fits the profile of a Heisman winner? Can't make it at Texas Tech. Can't Make it at Oklahoma. Can't make it in the NFL. K.
Google recent Big 12 QBs in the NFL - it’s not a good look, especially for the shorter ones. The Selmon brothers weep at what defense has become in the Big 8/12

JMO but anyone who hasn't won more than 3 games in the last 20 years should probably be "above it" as well.

Easy there, to be factual, Kansas football (12-1 in 2007) has had a better final season record than any PSU team has had in the last 20 years.

Reactions: psu2016
If we want to say Kansas "provoked him" that's fine. I can understand that but shouldn't he be able to control his emotions better? This all goes back to February with his arrest. Okay, he was drunk in public--it happens. Then he tried to flee and resist arrest--just dumb. He's not 15. The flag at Ohio State was unnecessary but in good fun though would set him up for criticism. The "who's you daddy" bullshit. The constant shit against Kansas...not just the crotch grab but it was all game. Reign it in. He's a great QB (this is what a great QB plays like) but the antics are tiresome.

Don't pick on Johnny. He has as many wins as Cleveland's QB as the rest of the 10 since him..... combined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT