ADVERTISEMENT

Master Plan Update?

Have you considered a Gore-Tex drysuit, or other outerwear made of a breathable, waterproof fabric? I have a full suit complete with integrated booties and wrist/neck gaskets. That's what I would wear, with neoprene gloves and a neoprene head cap. Then I'd top it off with a wide-brimmed hat treated with water repellant. You can wear as much as you want under the dry wear without feeling clammy or wet from your own sweat. Basically I'd dress the same way I do when I go kayaking in icy cold water. I don't ski, but that sort of clothing might be effective as well.

The thing that would deter me is driving on slick roads, part of the reason I now live in the South.
I have a golf rainsuit I wear under a poncho, but the icy cold rain for Maryland was just too much for my old bones to want to put up with the ordeal. Iowa was brutal too, and then the wind and cold for the Wisconsin game was no picnic either. I’ve had season tickets for 25 years, and this is the first time I’ve not gone to games because of the weather. I don’t mind the cold usually, but wet and cold for 4 hours on aluminum bleachers is tough. I’m getting too old for it, but I love to be there in person.

I presume that if ICA can't get into the black with all of the current income, then sports will have to be cut. Is that up for discussion?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT