ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland stinks, but OSU is beatable

I agree. My point is who OSU and PSU have played has no impact on the upcoming game.
Other than a test can better prepare you. Going into Notre Dame and winning a close game can only help Ohio State preparing for us. Regardless of what we think of ND.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
I agree. My point is who OSU and PSU have played has no impact on the upcoming game.
yeah i kind of agree with that. but we are coming into this game after Northwestern, week off, UMass. on the plus side we will probably not be too banged up. on the minus side are we really ready for the intensity of a team like them?

Which is a fair assessment and why I think we can (if not should) beat them but we need chunk plays to do so and remain turnover free. McCord is improving but I think we get them at the right time.
Allar has been inconsistent......if that continues PSU will not be winning at OSU. Clearly missed some receivers vs Northwestern and or threw to the wrong shoulder. Hopefully, the game continues to slow down for him.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
yeah i kind of agree with that. but we are coming into this game after Northwestern, week off, UMass. on the plus side we will probably not be too banged up. on the minus side are we really ready for the intensity of a team like them?
Yes. As it almost always does, it comes down to QB play and turnovers. Whether you played ND or WVU doesn’t matter.

This is a big concern of mine. OSU has been through a gritty, mentally taxing win in a loud, hostile environment and we have not. Combined with the fact that we almost always manage a way to lose in Columbus (2-13 there since entering the B10). Franklin and the entire coaching staff have to do a great job building their confidence and instilling a winning mentality.

This is a big concern of mine. OSU has been through a gritty, mentally taxing win in a loud, hostile environment and we have not. Combined with the fact that we almost always manage a way to lose in Columbus (2-13 there since entering the B10). Franklin and the entire coaching staff have to do a great job building their confidence and instilling a winning mentality.
I don’t see how they wouldn’t be confident at this point. It all comes down to whether Allar plays well, and the health of the OL.

Steep hill…plus O$U has more talent

My guess is that they will lose again next week, and then lose at Clemson. Maybe even lose one more beyond that.

They aren't really going to be a factor this year.

I don't agree with those who are saying that OSU's game against ND was much more difficult than our games against WVU and Iowa. well, at least WVU. Iowa didn't even show up for some reason
Game was at ND

Duke and now Louisville. It takes a toll.

Terrible take bro. I could understand your comment if this was OSU, but it's ND. They aren't the signature win you were expecting. It's OK. You'll still be -6.5 favorite vs us in 12 days.

Other than a test can better prepare you. Going into Notre Dame and winning a close game can only help Ohio State preparing for us. Regardless of what we think of ND.

If ND is good, sure.

If ND keeps losing, it just looks like OSU struggled with an average team.

The loss to Louisville by 33 makes the OSU win much less impressive, but that means nothing in 12 days.

Terrible take bro. I could understand your comment if this was OSU, but it's ND. They aren't the signature win you were expecting. It's OK. You'll still be -6.5 favorite vs us in 12 days.

If ND is good, sure.

The loss to Louisville by 33 makes the OSU win much less impressive, but that means nothing in 12 days.
If dingbat actually fields 11 guys or they can catch an interception we would be thinking the game in Columbus is ours.

The reality is both teams are evenly matched. Which QB plays better? Who has more turnovers? Can PSU expose their suspect OL? Can another WR step up besides KLS? Can our TEs make big plays? Can we limit Harrison Jr and Egbuka? What team has the better game plan? Who makes the better halftime adjustments?

If ND is good, sure.

For the sake of argument, let's say ND isn't a good team. McCord having to step up and produce a game winning drive on the road in a hostile environment can still benefit them. Getting tested early isn't always bad--as annoying as the Purdue game was last year it may have helped us long term.

Last edited:

If ND is good, sure.

I don't think you put strength of schedule in its proper place. This week ND has USC. This is their 4th game in a row against a ranked opponent. 2 of those are top 10. Give them a break. How good is ND? Probably better than most think. Signature win? Who cares? Beat PSU and UM and nothing else matters unless something unexpected happens (say, loss to Purdue).

I don't think you put strength of schedule in its proper place. This week ND has USC. This is their 4th game in a row against a ranked opponent. 2 of those are top 10. Give them a break. How good is ND? Probably better than most think. Signature win? Who cares? Beat PSU and UM and nothing else matters unless something unexpected happens (say, loss to Purdue).

I feel like your argument is strictly because you are a Buckeye fan and it makes you feel better about your team. I think you would say the same as me if our schedules were reversed. I do think Notre Dame is better than most people think, but in the same way Penn State '21 was better than its 7-6 record.

They do have a good SOS, but are so far 1-2 against the decent teams. And the one win was against Duke. So, people are just saying it looks like their top 10 ranking was bogus. Happens every year with various teams and PSU has been there too (#1 in 1997 comes to mind).

Far be it for me to be defending ND as other than scUM I despise them and their fan base the most, but to be fair, after losing the way that they did against OSU, they had 2 prime time games in a row both on the road against teams that may or may not deserve to be ranked but were clearly better than bargained for when the schedule was made. I am not sure that either PSU of OSU for that matter could have won both of those games given the same circumstances.. They have USC this week end in their 4th prime time game in a row.

Far be it for me to be defending ND as other than scUM I despise them and their fan base the most, but to be fair, after losing the way that they did against OSU, they had 2 prime time games in a row both on the road against teams that may or may not deserve to be ranked but were clearly better than bargained for when the schedule was made. I am not sure that either PSU of OSU for that matter could have won both of those games given the same circumstances.. They have USC this week end in their 4th prime time game in a row.
I feel like both PSU and OSU would have beaten Duke + Louisville.

We’ll have to see how good Duke and ND really are.

If ND is good, sure.

Remember, if we would have beaten ND, he’d be posting how bad ND really is…it’s how he rolls.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT