ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Hall - OW at UWW Junior Freestyle Nationals

This has to be news to fans of Gavin Teasdale, who has added 32 pounds of muscle in just two weeks since his announcement of Iowa.

This has to be news to fans of Gavin Teasdale, who has added 32 pounds of muscle in just two weeks since his announcement of Iowa.

Shouldn't you take Gavin's own word about where he sees himself in 3 years weight wise? I think you need to let this go until a few years have passed and we get a better understanding of his growth pattern.

BTW, congrats to Hall. Loaded weight class and he showed why he is a special wrestler. Does some things instinctively that are hard/can't be taught.

Reactions: amalone and tikk10
Holy hijack, Batman.

What was this thread about again? Oh, yeah, that -- congrats to Mark Hall.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Shouldn't you take Gavin's own word about where he sees himself in 3 years weight wise? I think you need to let this go until a few years have passed and we get a better understanding of his growth pattern.

I'm trying to think of the last wrestler who was able to predict his own weight class 3 years in advance? Nope, can't come up with one. Somehow I don't remember Jordan Oliver saying after PIAA's, "I can't wait to go at 141 for Oklahoma State, in two years after my 106 pound title here in Hershey"

Reactions: Wrassler223
I'm trying to think of the last wrestler who was able to predict his own weight class 3 years in advance? Nope, can't come up with one. Somehow I don't remember Jordan Oliver saying after PIAA's, "I can't wait to go at 141 for Oklahoma State, in two years after my 106 pound title here in Hershey"
Maybe that's because Oliver was still wrestling for Easton two years after he won 103.

I imagine Nico had a pretty good idea 5 years ago about what weight class he would be wrestling.

I imagine Nick Nevill had a pretty good idea what weight he would be wrestling as well;)

You just made my point for me.

Nico was a 125 pounder, from day one.

Teasdale isn't even at 126 yet.

You just made my point for me.

Nico was a 125 pounder, from day one.

Teasdale isn't even at 126 yet.

21G -- What day 1 are you talking about? IIRC, Nico wrestled at 106 his freshman year and 113 his junior year. I'm not certain of his junior year and then 126 his senior year. Using Nico as your "yardstick" gives Teasdale 2 or 3 more years before you can compare him to Nicos college weight.

21G -- What day 1 are you talking about? IIRC, Nico wrestled at 106 his freshman year and 113 his junior year. I'm not certain of his junior year and then 126 his senior year. Using Nico as your "yardstick" gives Teasdale 2 or 3 more years before you can compare him to Nicos college weight.

My position is that I have doubts as to the ability of Teasdale to be a 133 pounder until his 2nd or 3rd year. For christ sake, you would have thought I was questioning the right to bear arms or the right to eat meat.

Take a chill pill, it's a message board, and I am a Penn State homer, and everyone is entitled to their viewpoints, and Teasdale is wrestling for IOWA, not PSU. We've won 5 out of 6 national championships, and they are very talented recruits but I like Suriano and Cortez. You want to bow down, that's on you. I'll take Nick Suriano and Jered Cortez, over Spencer Lee and Gavin Teasdale, but you know, that's TWO YEARS FROM NOW, so let's all have a beer, but not Cenzo, because according to the Chief, he can't hold 165. Haha!

Hey it is possible you will end up being right, Obviously if Teasdale stops growing this second he may have a tough time getting to a solid 133 or above. it is also possible (However unlikely) he ends up pulling a Valencia Growth spurt and wrestle above Marineli. Its not that it's possible, it is that you write as if you are guaranteeing he will not grow. He sure seems to think it wont be a problem, I think he will be right and wrestle 141. Only time will tell but no need to push back like you have been wronged when an Iowa fan disagrees with you.....As a PSU fan, have your opinions and be proud of them for sure...but when its opinion don't get your panties in a bunch over a debate, let the Iowa fans be the ones to act erratic.

Anyone know what Teasdale weighed in at this last week end ?
Didn't look to small for the class he was in, younger yes but looked ok size wise.

Edit....oops sorry 21 had me confused ..back to thread.
Congrats to Mark Hall dam he is so good.
I had the pleasure to watch him win all 6 titles when he was at Apple Valley in Mn state tourney.
He just kept getting better.

Anyone know what Teasdale weighed in at this last week end ?
Didn't look to small for the class he was in, younger yes but looked ok size wise.

Edit....oops sorry 21 had me confused ..back to thread.
Congrats to Mark Hall dam he is so good.
I had the pleasure to watch him win all 6 titles when he was at Apple Valley in Mn state tourney.
He just kept getting better.
Teasdale was definitely younger, but I just read he was 16 in November of his freshman season. If true he could be 18 already as a sophomore. Just curious because I know a lot of kids get held back to help their stature. He's a stud either way.

Teasdale was definitely younger, but I just read he was 16 in November of his freshman season. If true he could be 18 already as a sophomore. Just curious because I know a lot of kids get held back to help their stature. He's a stud either way.

If he was 16 in November of his freshman season (which I believe is true), he can only be 17 in his sophomore season. He will turn 18 next year as a Junior.

WTF does this have to do with Mark Hall being OW? Welcome to ignore Miles.

If he was 16 in November of his freshman season (which I believe is true), he can only be 17 in his sophomore season. He will turn 18 next year as a Junior.
Article I read said he was 16 his freshman year, but I believe it was only Nov/Dec, but they weren't specific. Again, either way this kid is a stud and a potential major factor in a few years on the NCAA scene.

That is all dependent on when his birthday is. It just says he was 16 in November not that he turned 16 in November.

And to think as great a wrestler as he is he appears to be every bit as good or even better as a person. I guess if you have all that going for you there is no need to get too excited or nervous over a mere wrestling match!

So happy he chose PSU:) I think he fits in just fine. We have a lot of guys that are easy to root for win lose or draw.

Congrats Mark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT