ADVERTISEMENT

Manville may surprise in 2020

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
My hat is if to Mason, what a team player! He is simply a warrior. He does everything he is asked and for the most part the asks have been a little extreme.

"Hey coach I just weighted in a solid 170." ."Great, we want you to go 184 against #1, who if it weren't for Bo might be an tOSU GOAT". "Ok, I'll go wherever the team needs me"

He's had like three versions of this scenario this year already, and in each case fought to the very end and acquited himself very well.

Going up even one weight class against a #1 almost always ends badly; just ask Gross, and Rivera both #1s let alone a long list behind them.

If Mark takes an Olympic next year I think Mason is flying under the radar, will slide right in, and will shock people were he could place.

In any case, the PSU faithful are glad to have you and proud of what you have already brought to the table. You are a stud.

Bigger surprise: Manville declining the Olympic shirt he's already qualified for. (Unless the US Army tells him no.)

You got me on that one. It's still worthy pointing out his studliness this year in an unsung hero role

My hat is if to Mason, what a team player! He is simply a warrior. He does everything he is asked and for the most part the asks have been a little extreme.

"Hey coach I just weighted in a solid 170." ."Great, we want you to go 184 against #1, who if it weren't for Bo might be an tOSU GOAT". "Ok, I'll go wherever the team needs me"

He's had like three versions of this scenario this year already, and in each case fought to the very end and acquited himself very well.

Going up even one weight class against a #1 almost always ends badly; just ask Gross, and Rivera both #1s let alone a long list behind them.

If Mark takes an Olympic next year I think Mason is flying under the radar, will slide right in, and will shock people were he could place.

In any case, the PSU faithful are glad to have you and proud of what you have already brought to the table. You are a stud.
No doubt. Matt Brown redux.

He lost to Zach Finesilver

He’s a perennial 15-20 guy. When comparing the number of guys who will pass him up vs the number of guys who will graduate/move weights, it’s almost always going to be even.

Just another PSU wrestler who will be oversold by some for being a great guy

See:
Nick Nevills
Cutch

If Starocci wasn’t beating him in the room by mid-season next year, I’d be disappointed.

Great dude to have in the room on a free-roll, but I would like him to continue as the FLEX/emergency option

Oh and I’m sure he probably cut to 170

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Power

See:
Nick Nevills
Cutch

If Starocci wasn’t beating him in the room by mid-season next year, I’d be disappointed.

Great dude to have in the room on a free-roll, but I would like him to continue as the FLEX/emergency option

2x/ would/ could be 3x AA Nick Nevills?? Poor comp. I agree re. Manville's results this year but I have to think we're looking at a different beast if he focuses on folkstyle vs. Greco. He was back and forth with Hidlay their senior year of hs.

Reactions: donboy6499
2x/ would/ could be 3x AA Nick Nevills?? Poor comp. I agree re. Manville's results this year but I have to think we're looking at a different beast if he focuses on folkstyle vs. Greco. He was back and forth with Hidlay their senior year of hs.

Nick is a better wrestler for sure. Just had to throw him in there as a dig at those who counted out Cassar.

Reactions: jbkeller72

He’s a perennial 15-20 guy. When comparing the number of guys who will pass him up vs the number of guys who will graduate/move weights, it’s almost always going to be even.

See:
Nick Nevills
Cutch

Manville has wrestled half of his matches out of his weight class this year. He has wrestled 4 kids who were ranked in the top 5, 3 of them out of his weight class and wrestled them well.(lost to Marstellar 4-2 at the end of the match) He is a RS Freshman and you seem to have already written him iff as "great dude for the room"? Not sure why fans are so quick to write off freshman off after a few matches. He just getting his first experience. He was highly ranked out of HS. I agree he can only improve and I think will surprise when he gets his chance.. Here's one for appreciating what he has done this year and looking forward to his future.

Reactions: PSUer1989

See:
Nick Nevills
Cutch

I think that might be about where he ends up. Might be different if he had good wins.

But we could cherry pick losses for lots of guys.

Cassar lost to Garrett Hoffman last year. Not as a freshman either.

Suspect he'll be one of those guys who does better internationally than in college. Want them on the team, don't want to be sole sourced.

See:
Nick Nevills
Cutch

At least you can't be accused of fishing for likes. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT