ADVERTISEMENT

Football Manny Diaz NOT named a Broyles Award finalist

They definitely went offense heavy here
Parker/Diaz is tough if they were only going to take one.
Doesn't seem like a tough choice to me. When Penn State and Iowa went head to head, we scored 31 points against Parker's defense and Iowa scored ZERO against Diaz's defense. Diaz should have gotten the nomination ahead of Parker.

Last edited:
This one is Sherrone Moore's award though Jessie Minter is the best DC in the conference.
Why am I not shocked that you posted this? After all, PSU's defense gave up 20 points to OSU on the road with almost no offensive help, yet Michigan's defense gave up 24 points to OSU at home when their own offense scored 31 points and thus gave their defense much more help. Makes sense to me. But you also believe that Narduzzi is a better defensive coach than Diaz despite Pitt's defense being absolutely awful this season, including this past weekend when they gave up 30 points to a frosh qb from Duke.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like a touch choice to me. When Penn State and Iowa went head to head, we scored 31 points against Parker's defense and Iowa scored ZERO against Diaz's defense. Diaz should have gotten the nomination ahead of Parker.
You realize it's never just about 1 game, right?
And they aren't going H2H in that game. Diaz beat Kirk Ferentz not Parker
Parker has far less talent than Diaz. Both did an amazing job but pretending it's not a close decision there is insane--as the people voting proved.

Why am I not shocked that you posted this? After all, PSU's defense gave up 20 points to OSU on the road with almost no offensive to help, yet Michigan's defense gave up 24 points to OSU at home when their own offense scored 31 points and thus gave their defense much more help. Makes sense to me. But you also believe that Narduzzi is a better defensive coach than Diaz despite Pitt's defense being absolutely awful this season, including this past weekend when they gave up 30 points to a frosh qb from Duke.
Ignore Breen, the clown is trolling. Aside from whacking it.

Moore getting the sympathy vote from those that actually think UM deserves sympathy for their self-inflicted suspensions. Then Iowa gets the "doing more with less" votes despite playing only one team all year with an offense in the top half of CFB. With two from the Big 10 I doubt they wanted another in Diaz.

That is a damn shame. Well, we know how valuable he is and the calls for him to get a raise are evidence of it!

Also thought similar thoughts. Good. Now he will stay another year or two!
Manny is a very good D Coordinator. However, he is not an elite one due to his known issues with play calling and the inherent flaws in his defensive system. If the stars align, he is good enough to win a championship with. There are better out there, a couple of whom may be available this offseason so there is a chance to upgrade the position.

Manny is a very good D Coordinator. However, he is not an elite one due to his known issues with play calling and the inherent flaws in his defensive system. If the stars align, he is good enough to win a championship with. There are better out there, a couple of whom may be available this offseason so there is a chance to upgrade the position.

E-e-ee-e-ee-ee-e-e!!!!!!

that is interesting given PSU is rated the best in the nation on total defense.

And if we hired one of those you would immediately say we hired the wrong, he is over rated, yadda yadda yadda.

Wow, we had one of the best defenses of the past decade if not generation of college football teams. To leave anyone from our defense off awards lists is an incredible oversight.

Unfortunately, the players will get left off too, they just don’t have the stats. They were SO good, offenses weren’t on the field long enough for the defensive players to collect stats.

Rediculous. The only way to get back at this "snub", is to come back next year and win it all.

Moore getting the sympathy vote from those that actually think UM deserves sympathy for their self-inflicted suspensions. Then Iowa gets the "doing more with less" votes despite playing only one team all year with an offense in the top half of CFB. With two from the Big 10 I doubt they wanted another in Diaz.

RE: Parker/Iowa.... and putting up numbers that are inferior to Diaz's across the board.

Wow, we had one of the best defenses of the past decade if not generation of college football teams. To leave anyone from our defense off awards lists is an incredible oversight.

Unfortunately, the players will get left off too, they just don’t have the stats. They were SO good, offenses weren’t on the field long enough for the defensive players to collect stats.
Fourth best of the Franklin era behind 14, 15 and 22. Last year's D was better. Still a far cry from 05 and 06. Probably 08 as well.

that is interesting given PSU is rated the best in the nation on total defense.

We led in 100% irrelevant fantasy stats while playing the weakest collection of offenses since joining the Big Ten. All that means is that we feasted on bad offenses. Nothing more. The fact that Michigan did what they wanted without trying is telling. If they wanted to do what they did last year, they could of. They had no fear and chose to take no chances. Ohio State did the same to a lesser degree.

Why am I not shocked that you posted this? After all, PSU's defense gave up 20 points to OSU on the road with almost no offensive help, yet Michigan's defense gave up 24 points to OSU at home when their own offense scored 31 points and thus gave their defense much more help. Makes sense to me. But you also believe that Narduzzi is a better defensive coach than Diaz despite Pitt's defense being absolutely awful this season, including this past weekend when they gave up 30 points to a frosh qb from Duke.
Wallace Breen sucks off Lando and Lando returns the favor. Lando is actually Dave Jones and Breen ... Well you know ...

Wallace Breen sucks off Lando and Lando returns the favor. Lando is actually Dave Jones and Breen ... Well you know ...
Breen has gone completely off the rails with his trolling…no PSU fan, and I mean none, would ever think let alone post half the garbage he posts. He’s just trying to get a rise out of people.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Breen has gone completely off the rails with his trolling…no PSU fan, and I mean none, would ever think let alone post half the garbage he posts. He’s just trying to get a rise out of people.
He may be the biggest twat poster I’ve ever seen on this board. He is so full of shit that I think he actually now believes the drivel that he spews.

Parker did not have to play against Michy and OSU. That #7 defense may not have been in the top 10. I think he’s getting love because their offense is garbage yet they won 10 games.

Parker did not have to play against Michy and OSU. That #7 defense may not have been in the top 10. I think he’s getting love because their offense is garbage yet they won 10 games.
Parker's nomination is a joke. Take a look at Iowa's schedule. They played one team in the top 25 - us. We scored 31 points against them and could have scored more. Parker's nomination is totally due to his team playing a cupcake schedule.

I think Parker will win. Going 10-2 with that offense is sort of amazing.
60 (tie)
60 (tie)
116 (tie)

That's the total offense ranking of each of Iowa's opponents. On average Iowa played against the 88th best total offense in the country, facing only one opponent with a total offense better than 46th percentile. Scintillating.

BTW PSU's 60th ranked offense completely dominated Iowa.

60 (tie)
60 (tie)
116 (tie)

That's the total offense ranking of each of Iowa's opponents. On average Iowa played against the 88th best total offense in the country, facing only one opponent with a total offense better than 46th percentile. Scintillating.

On top of that, why was Moore nominated when Michigan has the 57th ranked offense. Is it because and cursed and cried on tv?

On top of that, why was Moore nominated when Michigan has the 57th ranked offense. Is it because and cursed and cried on tv?
He's getting all of the credit for winning two top 10 games while being an "acting head coach." Never mind that Harbaugh was available to do all of the practice, prep, and game planning for both of those games which is more important.

Probably part of it
The national media doesn't seem to he anywhere near as anti-Michigan as I expected so probably way less than others expected. Michigan has played this victim card very well.

60 (tie)
60 (tie)
116 (tie)

Yep, playing 1 good team and 11 cupcakes makes the stats look good. If PSU and Iowa swapped schedules this year, Diaz would easily win this award and Penn State would likely have set an all time defensive record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT