ADVERTISEMENT

Lucky Whitehead

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
So this guy, playing for the Cowboys, gets arrested for shoplifting. Cowboys immediatly cut him (I guess wife beating is OK, but not shoplifting but that is a different issue). Turns out, cops screwed up and ID'ed the wrong guy. Meantime, Whitehead (who was in town for a charity event when told he was cut) is no longer employed by the 'boys.

Lawsuit???

This is the problem when football teams get involved with criminal events.

So this guy, playing for the Cowboys, gets arrested for shoplifting. Cowboys immediatly cut him (I guess wife beating is OK, but not shoplifting but that is a different issue). Turns out, cops screwed up and ID'ed the wrong guy. Meantime, Whitehead (who was in town for a charity event when told he was cut) is no longer employed by the 'boys.

Lawsuit???

Ok I am going to say it.

Not so lucky!!!

Lawsuit???

Sounds like they were going to cut him anyway. You can be a criminal if you're a star. :)

Especially in Dallas

Reactions: katchthis

Lawsuit???

How can he sue the Cowboys when he was obviously cut based on lack of ability? As you more or less point out, the Cowboys will tolerate criminal activity as long as you can play.

Whose wife was beat? Have you learned nothing?

By the way, Jason Witten, who is the most iconic Cowboy of this era, has his own charity for victims of domestic abuse, as his father was an abuser. He won the Walter Payton man if the year award due to his involvement in it.

Good try, though.

Whose wife was beat? Have you learned nothing?

By the way, Jason Witten, who is the most iconic Cowboy of this era, has his own charity for victims of domestic abuse, as his father was an abuser. He won the Walter Payton man if the year award due to his involvement in it.

Good try, though.
The Cowboys did employ Greg Hardy - although the woman he assaulted wasn't his wife.

He failed to show up for a court date. Even if you are not guilty, you must appear or a Bench Warrant is issued for your arrest which is what happened to "Lucky".

Lawsuit???

Bottom line don't mess with WAWA!

Everyone should try and watch/listen to Garret's post practice press conference from this afternoon (about 30-45 minutes ago... it is one of the funniest things I've ever listened to. Comedic gold

Lawsuit???

Lucky was going to be cut anyway. This past week wasn't the first time he's gotten on the coach's sh!t list. They drafted Ryan Switzer this year to replace him. Given the bad publicity recently among so many Cowboys players I'm sure they decided to make an example out of Lucky and it's understandable why they didn't believe him when the shoplifter gave the police Lucky's real full name, address & social security number plus he looked like Lucky. Lucky missing his court date also didn't look good. The media are on this mostly because of the weird dognapping story that happened a few days before with Lucky's dog and the media loves the irony that when Dallas finally decided enough was enough they cut a guy who ended up innocent. Truth is guys on the roster bubble get cut and made an example of all over the league but this is the Cowboys so the media has a boner for anything they do.
Some really good sources for inside Cowboys info are on Twitter.
@BryanBroaddus a former Cowboys scout who writes for the team website.
@Birddog26 who's a birddog (freelance) scout for the Cowboys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT