ADVERTISEMENT

Lubrano not running for reelection

He did comply. And if he hadn't, that would have suggested a real problem. They would have then put in a call to CYS.

You're just trying to make up a problem when none existed.

I would just add that if this discussion has been reduced to the degree to which Jerry fooled people, I'd say it's high time to rewrite this narrative!
how did they know he would comply or that he did comply?

IF...there is no IF. The time to play that card is long past except here on this site. GS understood there was a level of risk, his own words state it. There is no fairy tale of doctored emails...we're talking about the reality of what occurred here. It's a basic move to CYA in matters like this...not at all hard to understand.
Don't twist and turn!

I'll change my sentence: "Since, to their understanding, there was no victim, why the hell not?"

No victim. They told Sandusky he couldn't bring TSM kids in any more. They informed the head of the organization responsible for both the boy and Jerry. Why did their ass need covered?

What do you mean by "fairy tale of doctored emails"?

What was the source of their risk?

because they would be vulnerable for not reporting it in 2001??? So why risk being vulnerable at all? JS said in 1998 that he wouldn't shower with kids again. does it again in 2001 (at minimum). They already have concerns about his behavior. why risk it at all?

Ballot position: Candidate – Vote total

1. CANDIDATE WITHDREW

2. Joseph "Jay" V. Paterno, '91, State College, Pennsylvania — 16,322

3. Robert J. Bowsher, '86, San Diego, California — 8,868

4. Alice W. Pope, '79, '83g, '86g, Brooklyn, New York — 14,744

5. Robert C. Jubelirer, '59, '62 JD, Boalsburg, Pennsylvania — 13,173

Write-In Votes — 1,728

Total Eligible Voters — 643,782

Total Ballots Cast — 21,233

BAHAHAHAHA! they didn't even bother to give your name on any write in votes!!! PATHETIC! you couldn't get 250 signatures this year. PATHETIC!

Keep mocking my comic book collection . . .

1rtzkw.jpg

tenor.gif

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
because they would be vulnerable for not reporting it in 2001??? So why risk being vulnerable at all? JS said in 1998 that he wouldn't shower with kids again. does it again in 2001 (at minimum). They already have concerns about his behavior. why risk it at all?

Pillar of the community.

Reactions: indynittany
BTW:

If you’re upset that your “emotional issues” regarding November 2011 haven’t been assuaged (which, by the way, I’ve never “found fault” with) and it appears that is a significant cause of discomfort for you:

You’d be more appropriately aiming your “condescension” at the Dildos sitting in those Trustee seats...... and the thousands of addled nitwits that defend and support them and propagate “business as usual”.....

Rather than expressing your distaste for one person (one of the very, very few) who actually has the determination and the resolve to take on the forces that brought on your heartache (and their descendants) ........

Just saying.

(And, yes, I readily admit it pisses me off when folks stick their nose in the air to one person actually working to make things better - and who has been and continues to be willing to do whatever it takes...... while most of those same folks - who wouldn’t make the effort put their shoes on to actually DO one F-ing thing to help, but can run their stupid lazy lips ad neauseum from their “Mom’s Basement” - are washing the feet of worthless, self-serving, lazy, cowardly asshats who are doing nothing but hurting the “cause” that those folks claim to hold dear......
Just for the record :) )

Hmmm. That took an interesting turn from your prior response, which while somewhat defensive, maintained the respectful, conversational approach I took. I was offering you my unsolicited thoughts about how to improve your chances to have the real message you offer to be heard and considered by more people. That is the bottom line in gaining enough nominations to get on the final ballot, no?

I believe I was not condescending, nor do I have any distaste for you personally. I expressed my admiration for your passion and your desire to take the message to the heart of the problems with the BOT. I simply believe that your message gets lost amid the name-calling and your very apparent condescension toward others. Tearing away that bluster, while maintaining the same overall data-focused message, will gain ground, I think.

All of this is kind of along the lines of "It's better to be the most effective person in the room than the smartest person in the room." You're certainly smart, but your delivery renders you largely ineffective. However, it appears as though my intended message was ineffective as well, at least to its intended audience. And I'm far from the smartest person in any room, so I got plenty of nuttin', apparently! (iow, I was trying to offer some helpful thoughts in my own pathetic way. Lesson learned!)

I'm done running my stupid, lazy internet lips now. Mom is calling me to come upstairs and get the meatloaf while it's hot.

PS - Good luck in your ongoing and important pursuit on behalf of responsible stewardship for PSU. I may even nominate you again next year.

I was simply offering (unsolicited) advice.

FWIW - I thought it was obvious, but that’s probably a “mea culpa”, the basement dwellers I was referring to were the THT’s of the world - not you.
But I can’t find fault if you took it personally..... Upon further review, I shoulda’ been more definitive (seriously)

Ok. Fair enough. (Like you, I don't take much of anything on a largely anonymous message board personally. But I happily use the ignore feature, and encourage others to ignore me when civility becomes too much of a foreign concept between Anony Mous and me.)

I wonder if the THTs of the world - who very possibly agree with your main points and overall platform about PSU and the BOT - would listen and engage with your message if they weren't being called basement dwellers? Rhetorical.

Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT