ADVERTISEMENT

Lubrano not running for reelection

I don't do facebook....copy - paste the information...please, thank you
ANTHONY P. LUBRANO

LUBRANO ANNOUNCES DECISION NOT TO SEEK RE-ELECTION TO THE PENN STATE BOARD OF TRUSTEES

February 26, 2018— After months of careful reflection, today I informed the Penn State Office of the Board of Trustees of my decision not to place my name on the ballot for the upcoming election.

This decision was not made in haste. Family and business demands on my time have grown to the point where I will not be able to responsibly discharge my duties as a Trustee for another term. I also believe, after almost six years, that the University would be better served by the injection of new blood into the Board of Trustees.

To that end, I would encourage all Penn Staters to support the candidacies of

Alvin F. De Levie. 1973
Brandon Short. 1999
Robert J. Tribeck. 1991

Finally, I’d like to thank those who have supported me. You have honored me with the privilege of serving you as an alumni-elected Trustee and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I love Penn State. After almost six years of service to our alma mater, I now better understand why Joe Paterno stayed for 61 years— YOU!

Our work is far from over. As I have repeatedly said, the tortoise won the race, not the hare. Know that I will continue my service as Trustee though the conclusion of my current term which ends on June 30, 2018.

Thank you and GOD bless you.

WE ARE...and always will be...PENN STATE!!!

From the PS4RS Facebook pages.

ANTHONY P. LUBRANO

LUBRANO ANNOUNCES DECISION NOT TO SEEK RE-ELECTION TO THE PENN STATE BOARD OF TRUSTEES

February 26, 2018— After months of careful reflection, today I informed the Penn State Office of the Board of Trustees of my decision not to place my name on the ballot for the upcoming election.

This decision was not made in haste. Family and business demands on my time have grown to the point where I will not be able to responsibly discharge my duties as a Trustee for another term. I also believe, after almost six years, that the University would be better served by the injection of new blood into the Board of Trustees.

Alvin F. De Levie. 1973
Brandon Short. 1999
Robert J. Tribeck. 1991

Finally, I’d like to thank those who have supported me. You have honored me with the privilege of serving you as an alumni-elected Trustee and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I love Penn State. After almost six years of service to our alma mater, I now better understand why Joe Paterno stayed for 61 years— YOU!

Our work is far from over. As I have repeatedly said, the tortoise won the race, not the hare. Know that I will continue my service as Trustee though the conclusion of my current term which ends on June 30, 2018.

Thank you and GOD bless you.

WE ARE...and always will be...PENN STATE!!!

The trolls will claim victory. I won't see it since I have taken the opportunity to use the Ignore feature, but I'm sure it will happen.

It’s not a fair fight. Certainly there are better things to do than kick rocks and share the same air as the cretens on our BOT. Vote Barry. He’s angry - and angry gets sh*t done (well, to an extent...).

Anger may or may not get stuff done, but it sure is entertaining. Tell me you aren't transfixed by the sight of a house burning down (provided it's not your own)?

Vote for the guy who is prepared hurl Molotov cocktails if he doesn't get his way!!!!

Anger may or may not get stuff done, but it sure is entertaining. Tell me you aren't transfixed by the sight of a house burning down (provided it's not your own)?

Vote for the guy who is prepared hurl Molotov cocktails if he doesn't get his way!!!!

Or at least has the guts (or lack of decorum?) to tell one of these guys to STFU. Sign me up for entertaining - the other stuff isn’t working.

Or at least has the guts (or lack of decorum?) to tell one of these guys to STFU. Sign me up for entertaining - the other stuff isn’t working.
Pretty sure you have that one reversed. They seem to tell him to SU, or just ignore him.

I have learned over the past 6 or 7 years that The Commonwealth of Pa. (its government and judicial system) are corrupt to the very core. The voters elect individuals to occupy a position, yet the decisions regarding the state are made by the real powers behind the curtain.
Those who sit on the board of trustees (with the exception of the trustee elected members) are selected by those nameless, faceless tyrants and their every word and vote are scripted to maintain the status quo. The past two presidents are marionettes who respond to their masters with predictable subservience.
The proof that PSU is nothing more than a multi-billion dollar sandbox, with privileges to play as friends with benefits......exists in the reluctance of the current governor and legislature to remove the rodents who sully the title of "trustee."

I hope his head is OK after beating it against a brick wall for six years. Nothing in the governance of PSU will change as long as a handful of insular people continuously hold the reins of power. They'll do anything to cover their own asses while making a buck off the back of the university.

That news saddens me. I have a lot of respect for Anthony Lubrano and his efforts to make a difference. The power structure of this university is not going to change any time soon. For me, the saddest part is that I no longer care. I haven't donated in over 5 years. I haven't set foot on campus in over 3 years and have no desire to ever go back. I have voted in past elections, and will in this one, but that's because it takes so little effort and it's the only way I can express any dissatisfaction with the Power Elite. Voting, and my presence on this board, are my only current ties to my alma mater. I will always have my degree, my friends, and my memories. For me, that is enough.

Last edited:
I hope his head is OK after beating it against a brick wall for six years. Nothing in the governance of PSU will change as long as a handful of insular people continuously hold the reins of power. They'll do anything to cover their own asses while making a buck off the back of the university.
The only hope for change is for a certain individual or individuals to be indicted. Not likely, as the corrupt Commonwealth protects its own.

Anthony, thanks for your service to our university. Though some may question your thoughts or your methods, no one can question your passion for PSU and for making it a better place. Good luck in your future endeavors.

That news saddens me. I have a lot of respect for Anthony Lubrano and his efforts to make a difference. The power structure of this university is not going to change anytime soon. For me, the saddest part is that I no longer care. I haven't donated in over 5 years. I haven't set foot on campus in over 3 years and have no desire to ever go back. I have voted in past elections, and will in this one, but that's because it takes so little effort and it's the only way I can express any dissatisfaction with the Power Elite. Voting, and my presence on this board, are my only current ties to my alma mater. I will always have my degree, my friends, and my memories. For me, that is enough.

I could have written this same thing as my post, with one exception. I haven't been back since Joe's win over OSU that gave him 324 and passed the Bear. I would like to go back to walk the campus every so often. Just walk some of the paths that I still see in my mind. I wouldn't need to do anything else.

So, what if we don't have 3 people with enough nomination votes now? Who gets to decide the candidates? The timing of this is curious as the nomination voting ended on Saturday.

I'm not sure if it wouldn't be more effective if all alumni reps refused to attend and participate in what is largely an obvious and farcical attempt at democratic governance. Why give some sort of legitimacy by even attending scripted meetings and votes that are predetermined?

If you read the BLOG I posted (which I have posted several times over the years) you will see that the nonsense of "We can't say anything" is - was - always has been - and always will be - pure Bull Shit.
(there is even a link in there to the actual Court Ruling that covered the access to the Freeh File decision)

For 2 1/2 years the "Plaintiff Trustees" fed all of "us" a line of pure crap. The few folks ( :) ) who tried to point that out to people were shouted down as heretics...... but it is what it is, and there ain't no doubt about that.
Even last summer - when the Plaintiff Trustees said a report was "imminent".... and then never came.... folks were (mostly) continuing to swallow that horse crap.

After 2 1/2 years - on the Board - without a peep...... and we expect to hear something of value from the folks now stepping down?
"So you're saying there's a chance!"

Alas
252D672500000578-0-image-m-19_1422586636463.jpg

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
From the PS4RS Facebook pages.

Alvin F. De Levie. 1973
Brandon Short. 1999
Robert J. Tribeck. 1991

Bet on it --- these are your 3 (all of whom can be fairly described as "Paterno Loyalists") who eventually get the PS4RS endorsements.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
So, what if we don't have 3 people with enough nomination votes now? Who gets to decide the candidates? The timing of this is curious as the nomination voting ended on Saturday.

Agree. I wish Anthony would have informed us sooner. That way I would not have put his name back on.

Reactions: step.eng69
So was his freeh review a farce just like barrons? I'm thinking so
My read is that the bastards just wore him down and he tired of fighting a hopeless, losing battle- it's hard to blame him, all the power is on the other side and the legislature is perfectly happy not intervening. Since no one else can fix it, there is no way to win. I'm now encouraging my grandchildren to avoid PSU in their college selection process- something that would have been unthinkable to me a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT