ADVERTISEMENT

Lubrano must go...

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
This is by no means placing 100% of Shrewsberry debacle on Lubrano, but it’s time this guy is removed from the BOT.

From commandeering the call between basketball donors and Shrewsberry to “co-founding” the collective that is actively holding back our football and basketball teams, it’s time for new leadership. Heads have to roll for this disaster, and booting him from the BOT in this election is a good start.

If you signed up for the alumni trustee ballot, please make sure to fill it out and send it back. They should be sent in the next few weeks.

Hilarious that Gunsie is creating “Fire Shrewsberry” in February, and a month later wants to oust anyone that didn’t give Micah full support…never change Miles.

Maybe you and Anthony can settle things out behind Champs!
Yeah, you’d think he’d be happy about this and celebrating Lubrano.

This is by no means placing 100% of Shrewsberry debacle on Lubrano, but it’s time this guy is removed from the BOT.

From commandeering the call between basketball donors and Shrewsberry to “co-founding” the collective that is actively holding back our football and basketball teams, it’s time for new leadership. Heads have to roll for this disaster, and booting him from the BOT in this election is a good start.

If you signed up for the alumni trustee ballot, please make sure to fill it out and send it back. They should be sent in the next few weeks.
Lubrano has always been trash but this isn't the reason to get rid of him. There's countless better reasons.

Lubrano has always been trash but this isn't the reason to get rid of him. There's countless better reasons.
Best to be cautious here. On the other board, posters were bounced for making any negative comments about Sir Anthony Lubrano. More PSU insular

Last edited:

LOL

Reactions: Agoodnap
Allow me to present the official Parkhill/Dunn/DeChellis/Chambers/Shrews apologist post officially sanctioned by Erial Lion and The late Uncle Larry Fall:

It's ok Shrew(or insert another name of the above)is the best coach there is in the B1G 10. Sure his team can't defend anyone but everyone on this board will tell you he's an amazing architect of offensive plays. If the team went cold that long, they were going against a perenial national title contender. He just needs 3-4-5 more years in the portal to build his team

Frankly it's a truly unique and amazing feat that Penn State has been the nation's worst power five school in basketball over 57 years and has almost incredibly only gone to FIVE ncaa tournaments in FIFTY SEVEN YEARS. A unique and amazing run of incompetence and doormat failure.

Mr Kraft...we need you now...not in 7 years.
Submitted for your approval……..

Reactions: aworsnup
Thats what you get when you elect someone whose primary focus is "Honor Joe". You get exactly what you voted for.

Is it true that Lubrano never paid in full his pledged amount for the baseball field? If, so they should threaten to yank his name off of it.

Is it true that Lubrano never paid in full his pledged amount for the baseball field? If, so they should threaten to yank his name off of it.
why wouldn't they remove his name if that is true? never heard that one before

85a148fc958196fa3e2a2064ca7adfb8.jpg
CByRpIFFmsT-png__700.jpg
guy-protesting-random-things-dudewithsign-14-5e6208bf1779a__700.jpg

Ok, this may not be popular, but Brandon Short has been badmouthing Lubrano for well over a year. The ONLY thing Short cares about is sports. He has made outrageous accusations.

Oh, and pay no attention to Guns, he doesn't know anything about the Micah transactions.

Ok, this may not be popular, but Brandon Short has been badmouthing Lubrano for well over a year. The ONLY thing Short cares about is sports. He has made outrageous accusations.

Oh, and pay no attention to Guns, he doesn't know anything about the Micah transactions.
That's 54 posts in a row calling me "guns"...

Did this dude steal your wife and make you watch while he took her? 😆 🤣 😂

That's 54 posts in a row calling me "guns"...

Did this dude steal your wife and make you watch while he took her? 😆 🤣 😂
"This dude"...lol

Nothing cuter than Gunsie trying to pretend he's someone else, especially when considering how pathetic he is at hiding it.

Reactions: Agoodnap

Lubrano was a major issue before he was ever elected. Short's not the problem.

I'm not in the know, but from what rumor blurbs I've seen I'm guessing he had some objections to raising the NIL available to men's basketball players.
did not know the BOT was in a position to increase or decrease NIL. is that how it works?

Reactions: bdgan

The so called fat cats BOTched this. Not Ant, not anyone person. The bloody systemic incompetence of the university screwed the pooch on this and it will have deep ramifications even on the revered football program. Talk about poor optics and marketing? Both basketball programs continue to be an embarrassment and not because of the athletes or coaches.

I really feel sorry for Neeli and Pat. Both were sold a bill of goods… they have been rendered as nothing more than squawk boxes. Rah, rah kind of people who will really struggle. Unfortunately, we have too many people with selfish agendas trying to run a major university when they couldn’t run a pre-school. But hey we got a great football practice facility.

PSU had an incredible two weeks of premium marketing and program promotion but somehow they found a way to completely reverse it in less than a week. Now they are the joke of the bb world. Much more will come out but Shrew warned them months ago. And they didn’t listen.

Reactions: Psugo823
Guns you're so cute when you get angry. BTW, I'll be at Champs on Saturday, hope to see you. Wear pink.
55 posts on a row psycho! Good job dedicating your life to "guns" 😆 🤣 😂 Guns stole your wife and kids I think 😆 🤣

The so called fat cats BOTched this. Not Ant, not anyone person. The bloody systemic incompetence of the university screwed the pooch on this and it will have deep ramifications even on the revered football program. Talk about poor optics and marketing? Both basketball programs continue to be an embarrassment and not because of the athletes or coaches.

I really feel sorry for Neeli and Pat. Both were sold a bill of goods… they have been rendered as nothing more than squawk boxes. Rah, rah kind of people who will really struggle. Unfortunately, we have too many people with selfish agendas trying to run a major university when they couldn’t run a pre-school. But hey we got a great football practice facility.

PSU had an incredible two weeks of premium marketing and program promotion but somehow they found a way to completely reverse it in less than a week. Now they are the joke of the bb world. Much more will come out but Shrew warned them months ago. And they didn’t listen.
Shews is an Indiana guy who was probably leaving after this season, whether it ended two weeks ago, or vs Texas. NIL had very little to do with it. Shrews warned them months ago....so what? Nothing systemically can change in that timeframe. NIL has been around for five minutes...PSU isn't the only school far behind. OSU has major problems with theirs as well from what I've read. Look at Shrews' resume in that Dave Jones piece -- it's like all jobs in Indiana, with a cup of coffee in Boston and PSU. Kraft could have offered him his job and it wouldn't have mattered. Find someone who will embrace the challenges here, and want to overcome them and build something sustainable....not someone who has one foot out door. You mention WBB -- that program has also been a mess for many yrs...and Kieger was hired well before NIL....so you can't use that excuse either. She needs to go and a clean slate needs to happen for both programs. But, blaming this specific move of Shrews bolting primarily on NIL is ridiculous...Micha is an IND guy 100%...we could have offered him the bill of sale and signed the deed of the BJC over to him, wouldn't have mattered.

You're throwing around words like "continue to be an embarrassment" and "joke of the basketball world", when nothing could be further from the truth regarding the men's team right now. What Penn Stater is "embarrassed" by anything that's happened over the past few seasons with our basketball program?

what happened? it sounds like there is some story here from what you are saying. was something in the works that got derailed?

You're throwing around words like "continue to be an embarrassment" and "joke of the basketball world", when nothing could be further from the truth regarding the men's team right now. What Penn Stater is "embarrassed" by anything that's happened over the past few seasons with our basketball program?
Mark Brennan actually. He's got just a bit more credibility than any message board poster, including you.

Mark Brennan actually. He's got just a bit more credibility than any message board poster, including you.
While I appreciate everything Mark does, he's wrong if he thinks that most Penn Staters are "embarrassed" by the men's basketball program today (to be honest, most don't care either way about the program, which is part of the issue), or that we're nationally seen as a "joke".

I understand that NIL is more of a challenge at some schools than others due to geography. How many companies are going to step up in a rural area like State College compared to bigger cities with more and bigger businesses?

My question is what about schools like other rural BiG schools like Iowa? Don't they face the same challenges? Why would PSU be so far behind schools like that?

Wrt Lubrano's comments regarding NIL. I obviously don't know the specifics but I doubt that he simply doesn't want money for men's basketball. I suspect it's more of an issue that there's only so much money to go around and he's reluctant to placate Shrewsberry by taking money away from football or wrestling. My guess is the challenge is to get more donors which isn't an easy task.

While I appreciate everything Mark does, he's wrong if he thinks that most Penn Staters are "embarrassed" by the men's basketball program today (to be honest, most don't care either way about the program, which is part of the issue), or that we're nationally seen as a "joke".
As an all sports PSU fan who cares (meaning I want all the programs to be up to par and competing for championships or the postseason), I'm embarrassed by both hoops programs. The WBB program is a joke...and the mens have had, what, 5 tourney appearances the last half century? I mean that is brutal. And, considering in the B1G, where literally if you finish middle of the pack, you are in the tourney, and this year that stretched into the lower half of the league. It truly shouldn't be difficult for a school, program, and alumni base of our size to expect the program to accidentally get in every 2 or 3 yrs. Add baseball to that list, and the handful of other programs that are hardly B1G quality over several years. But, to your other point, many do not care which is a huge part of the issue

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT