Lower-Income Americans Are Starting to Cut Back Restaurant Spending

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Oh Democrats were certainly keeping me from living my life.

They kept my kids out of school for 2 years...and that's just were it starts. My daughter is entering 3rd grade this fall and hasn't yet had a normal full year of school. So go fvck yourself.
No class loser.

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
It's not as bad. No President can control much of overseas production. But the Chip Bill passed or is about to be.
Then there is the infrastructure bill.

Lol but Trump was suppose to fix it in a couple months? During the same time we were paying folks to stay home and not work and not letting people be closer than 6 feet?

Reactions: Ski

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Lol but Trump was suppose to fix it in a couple months? During the same time we were paying folks to stay home and not work and not letting people be closer than 6 feet?
Why couldn't Trump pass an infrastructure bill in Jan 2017? Infrastructure WAS a mess back then.

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
Why couldn't Trump pass an infrastructure bill in Jan 2017? Infrastructure WAS a mess back then.

Because there weren't any Democrat votes.

They wouldn't vote for anything that came from Trump.

But it's not like an infrastructure bill would make a difference..didn't you just say presidents don't control foreign production,?

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Because there weren't any Democrat votes.

They wouldn't vote for anything that came from Trump.

But it's not like an infrastructure bill would make a difference..didn't you just say presidents don't control foreign production,?
It would have made an overall difference.

They had plenty of Republican votes to override a Dem filibuster. You pretty much wrong anyway. Dems (like me) wanted an infrastructure bill very badly.

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Lol infrastructure was the same in 2017 as it was for the last decade...

He tried, no Dem votes
They had plenty of Republican votes to override a Dem filibuster. You pretty much wrong anyway. Dems (like me) wanted an infrastructure bill very badly. R's deserve their bad reputation for not wanting to fix America's infrastructure.

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
It would have made an overall difference.

They had plenty of Republican votes to override a Dem filibuster. You pretty much wrong anyway. Dems (like me) wanted an infrastructure bill very badly.

So your telling me there were 60 GOP Senators in 2017?

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
They don't need 60 to vote out the filibuster. Even for individual pieces of legislation. The filibuster is a Senate rule, not set in stone.

So you're saying GOP should have eliminated the filibuster to pass an infrastructure bill?

Are you an actual function adult? Do you have a job that someone pays you to do?

• Love
Reactions: Ski and bison13

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
They had plenty of Republican votes to override a Dem filibuster. You pretty much wrong anyway. Dems (like me) wanted an infrastructure bill very badly. R's deserve their bad reputation for not wanting to fix America's infrastructure.

No, you need 60 to override the filibuster.

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
So you're saying GOP should have eliminated the filibuster to pass an infrastructure bill?

Are you an actual function adult? Do you have a job that someone pays you to do?
Why not? Infrastructure is extremely important for maximum economic performance.

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
No, you need 60 to override the filibuster.
I said it above. The filibuster is just a Senate rule. 60 votes are needs for a bill to pass under a filibuster.

If I am wrong, why do the Dems need only 2 (Sinema and Manchin) to override the filibuster?

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
I said it above. The filibuster is just a Senate rule. 60 votes are needs for a bill to pass under a filibuster.

If I am wrong, why do the Dems need only 2 (Sinema and Manchin) to override the filibuster?

The infrastructure bill that was passed under Biden was passed with 60 votes because GOP Senators voted for it..it got 60 votes.

To override a filibuster you need 60 votes.

You can pass a bill through reconciliation with 51, but it needs to fit budgetary rules.

To eliminate the filibuster permanently you only need a simple majority, which is why they need both Simena and Manchin.

• Love

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
The infrastructure bill that was passed under Biden was passed with 60 votes because GOP Senators voted for it..it got 60 votes. (If R's didn't vote for it, Dems would have needed to put aside the filibuster.)

To override a filibuster you need 60 votes. (Filibuster is a Senate rule, not written into the Constitution)

You can pass a bill through reconciliation with 51, but it needs to fit budgetary rules.

To eliminate the filibuster permanently you only need a simple majority, which is why they need both Simena and Manchin. (What do you think I just said? But they can also "say" it's permanent for a single piece of legislation. Not only for budgetary rules. Dems want Sinema and Manchin for a voting rights bill which is not budgetary.)

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
Why would you eliminate the filibuster for an infrastructure bill? Do you understand why it exists? Did you notice Dems weren't discussing eliminating the filibuster when GOP controlled the Senate? What does that tell you?

Reconciliation needs to be budgetary.

Voting rights is not budgetary so you'd need to vote down the filibuster.

Latest posts