ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Mike Hull has a real opportunity with the Dolphins.

Not sure he has the physical tools to play as a starter every week. Hope he gets a shot and can do it.

He's almost the same size as Navarro Bowman. Sean Lee's not much bigger.

Key snippets from the article:

"Whatever Hull, 26, lacks in quickness and size (6-feet, 232) he makes up for in preparation, Gase said.

“He makes sure he knows exactly what he’s supposed to do,” Gase said. “He knows everybody else’s job as well.”

Saturday, it became Hull’s job to rotate in with the starters, calling it “a great opportunity” following a summer of working out with linebackers Sean Lee of Dallas and Paul Posluszny of Jacksonville. Between that and times he was called upon to fill in last year, Hull figures he’s ready for the responsibility."

And he's been very productive when starting.....

"In his start against the Cardinals, he recorded eight tackles, an interception and a pass defensed."

Vanderlinden should start a school for elite linebackers, truly amazing what he did with these guys.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
He's almost the same size as Navarro Bowman. Sean Lee's not much bigger.

Key snippets from the article:

"Whatever Hull, 26, lacks in quickness and size (6-feet, 232) he makes up for in preparation, Gase said.

“He makes sure he knows exactly what he’s supposed to do,” Gase said. “He knows everybody else’s job as well.”

Saturday, it became Hull’s job to rotate in with the starters, calling it “a great opportunity” following a summer of working out with linebackers Sean Lee of Dallas and Paul Posluszny of Jacksonville. Between that and times he was called upon to fill in last year, Hull figures he’s ready for the responsibility."

And he's been very productive when starting.....

"In his start against the Cardinals, he recorded eight tackles, an interception and a pass defensed."

Vanderlinden should start a school for elite linebackers, truly amazing what he did with these guys.
Vanderlinden isn't really responsible for all of Hull's development, though - Vanderlinden coached Hull during his redshirt year and his redshirt freshman year, but he became a starter under O'Brien in 2012 and 2013 and an All-American under Franklin in 2014.

Not sure he has the physical tools to play as a starter every week. Hope he gets a shot and can do it.

Mike Singletary probably didn't quite have those tools either. So at least there's HOF precedent for its being done.

I say he gets it done. He's faster than you think.....true 4.6. Great instincts. He just needs a chance on an everyday basis. I personally think the Dolphins have been hiding him. They know what they have and they know they don't have to pay him much in his current role.

Pass coverage is the only thing I can think of as a possible knock. Ground and pound isn't a big thing in today's NFL and his size isn't.that much different than some other successful linebackers. I'm definitely pulling for him.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and Bob78
Reactions: N&B4PSU and bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT