ADVERTISEMENT

Looking down the road, how much longer for Saban? Meyer? Who will succeed them?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
I would think Alabama will put a full-court press on to try get Dabo Swinney as he played at Alabama once Saban decides to retire. I think he'd be crazy to leave Clemson as he's the greatest coach they've ever had and the ACC typically is much easier than the SEC and Clemson is giving him whatever he wants. Bama go after Kirby Smart who is having success at Georgia?

Who knows with Meyer? Three blowout losses in the last 14 games and their fans, seemingly raised by wolves, aren't totally happy campers. Would Herman leave Texas and come back to his home state? Is there a young up-and-coming coach out there the Buckeyes would want?

Franklin will go to whichever one opens up first (that's what the rumor mill will say).

Smart will never leave Georgia IMO
Saban had 5-7 years left barring health issues. Swinney does make the most sense to replace him
Meyer will probably be at Ohio State for 10-15 years. He's only 53. I don't understand why many here believe he's leaving any time soon. This is his last job just like Oklahoma was the last job for Stoops.

Reactions: step.eng69
Smart will never leave Georgia IMO
Saban had 5-7 years left barring health issues. Swinney does make the most sense to replace him
Meyer will probably be at Ohio State for 10-15 years. He's only 53. I don't understand why many here believe he's leaving any time soon. This is his last job just like Oklahoma was the last job for Stoops.
And Stoops retired at 57....so why would you think Meyer will be there for 10-15 more years?

Reactions: PSU_Nut
I would think Alabama will put a full-court press on to try get Dabo Swinney as he played at Alabama once Saban decides to retire. I think he'd be crazy to leave Clemson as he's the greatest coach they've ever had and the ACC typically is much easier than the SEC and Clemson is giving him whatever he wants. Bama go after Kirby Smart who is having success at Georgia?

Who knows with Meyer? Three blowout losses in the last 14 games and their fans, seemingly raised by wolves, aren't totally happy campers. Would Herman leave Texas and come back to his home state? Is there a young up-and-coming coach out there the Buckeyes would want?

Smart is a Georgia alum.

Bama definitely goes after Swinney and chances are that he accepts. He was a member of the 1992 NC team and has more ties to them. He could gain membership to that exclusive group of coaches that win a title at more than one school.

Smart is already at his alma mater and would not be inclined to leave if he continues to enjoy success at UGA.

And Stoops retired at 57....so why would you think Meyer will be there for 10-15 more years?

Because unlike Stoops I don't see Meyer retiring early. I never said they'd retire at the same age. I said they both having a final stop. Stoops could have left and didn't. Meyer will be the same. Smart too. Smart turned down many opportunities waiting for UGa

Because unlike Stoops I don't see Meyer retiring early. I never said they'd retire at the same age. I said they both having a final stop. Stoops could have left and didn't. Meyer will be the same. Smart too. Smart turned down many opportunities waiting for UGa
With Meyers heart issues I could very easily see hi retiring well before 10-15. Not everyone can coach into their 60s.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I just read on the Lair that Narduzzi would only leave Pitt for ND,OK,Fla,Tx,Mich,TOSU or Auburn.I guess 5-7 coaches are in demand.

With Meyers heart issues I could very easily see hi retiring well before 10-15. Not everyone can coach into their 60s.

Health issues can alter anyone's career...obviously. I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon but only time will tell. I really think many here just want him to leave

Health issues can alter anyone's career...obviously. I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon but only time will tell. I really think many here just want him to leave
Of course we want him to leave, why wouldn't we? I'm sure every team in the SEC wants Saban to leave and every team in the ACC wants Swinney to leave. You post like that's a bad thing.

I think if Matt Campbell continues to coach at Iowa State as he has this past year...OSU will come calling. He's young, energetic, and a great recruiter. Kind of reminds me of someone.

I think if Matt Campbell continues to coach at Iowa State as he has this past year...OSU will come calling. He's young, energetic, and a great recruiter. Kind of reminds me of someone.

Thank you.....thank you very much! Oh wait, damn, never mind. :(

I would not be surprised if Alabama takes a run at Franklin, among others. The only things that really matter to Alabama that Franklin has not done are 1) win a league game against a ranked opponent on the road and 2) get into the playoff. Once one or both of those happen, he's in discussion to replace Sabin.

I would love to open my morning news and learn that Urban died of a heart attack atop of a co-ed. Shelly might, or might not, be pleased with this development.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT