LIVE FROM PEGULA it’s....SATURDAY NIGHT

PA_JOE

Sep 3, 2001
Just completed the ceremony.. thank you seniors:

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

C’mon guys, another big effort and tonight won’t be your last game at the Pegloo.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Alex Limoges buries our first shot of the game 3:36 in. 1-0 PSU after a shaky start.

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

C’mon guys, another big effort and tonight won’t be your last game at the Pegloo.

SMIRNOV on the rebound at the end of the power play! 2-0 PSU and looking strong now.

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

Someone get Gudowski a new tie. This one is hideous.

It's the one below. I admire his PSU spirit. Last night's blue/white checked jacket was a sight to behold too.

s-l640.jpg

Great penalty kill to end the first still 2-0 PSU.

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

Brandon BIRO on the odd man rush great pass from Nate Sucese. 3-0 LIONS!!! Looking great.

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

Well the momentum has swung mightily to the Gophers in the latter half of the 2nd period and they finally broke the ice on a point blank shot with 2 minutes left in the second. 3-1 PSU now.

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

U

Reactions: hotmetal
LIMOGES with his second of the game on the power play. 4-1 PSU!!!!

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

Plenty to be had here at Pegula next week STP - students heading on spring break - come on down to Happy Valley and we’ll show you a good time.
Thanks! I'd actually love to go to Penn State for a game. Unfortunately budget (biggest reason) and work schedule won't allow it. It is on my list football wise (bucket list).

Well the Gophers just made the last 5 minutes of the game interesting, another point blank shot just made it 4-2 PSU. Come on guys don’t let down.

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

JAMES ROBINSON the senior caps the game with an empty netter. 5–2 Penn State FINAL

A nice touch by GG putting the 3rd string senior goalie Ehrlichmann for the last minute of the game.

Autio
Ehrlichmann
Trevor Hamilton
Robinson

Last edited:
Erlichman's Uncle is State Senator Jake Corman, who took on the NCAA on behalf of PSU. Great family, proud to say I grew up with them as close friends.

Not much may about it. If we beat Minnesota again, we're pretty much in for sure.

There is still some uncertainty unfortunately. 10th locks team in. 11th almost guarantees it. 12th gets a bit more iffy depending on other conference tournaments. Sweeping Minnesota next week should get team to 11th. Taking all 3 games to get by Minnesota likely only gets team to 12th. Wisconsin taking out Michigan would be wonderful.

There is still some uncertainty unfortunately. 10th locks team in. 11th almost guarantees it. 12th gets a bit more iffy depending on other conference tournaments. Sweeping Minnesota next week should get team to 11th. Taking all 3 games to get by Minnesota likely only gets team to 12th. Wisconsin taking out Michigan would be wonderful.

I think we'd be pretty safe at #12. You'd need five teams from #13 and below to be conference champs for #12 to miss:

(1) Atlantic Hockey - that's going to be a #13 or below team, for sure.
(2) Hockey East - pretty good chance to be a #13 or below team. Either BC or BU would fit that bill this year.
(3) ECAC - If anyone but Cornell or Clarkson wins, that's going to be a #13 or below team.
(4) WCHA - If anyone but Minnesota State wins, that's going to be a #13 or below team.

That's four. The fifth would need to be a lower-tier NCHC or B1G team. Possible, but we're talking the likes of Wisconsin, MSU, Omaha or Miami University at that point.

Pairwise is pretty darn hard to predict --- but we win the comparison with Minnesota (that we are currently losing) with a series win (be it 2 or 3 games) - that should get us to at least #12. .

You're right that a Wisconsin win over Michigan helps us a lot. Of course, presuming Wisky doesn't go on to win the B1G automatic bid.

Last edited:
Reactions: mn78psu83
If you live relatively close fill up Pegula Friday and Saturday. Tix go on sale tomorrow. Students will be away so they are selling Roar Zone tix for $18 I believe. Minnesota will be looking for revenge and to advance. Let’s make Pegula loud and support our guys.

Someone get Gudowski a new tie. This one is hideous.

What you say is theoretically true on paper, but it would take upsets of historical proportions for #13 to not get in. #14 is probably safe. #13 is almost assuredly safe. #12 is a pretty much a lock.

What you say is theoretically true on paper, but it would take upsets of historical proportions for #13 to not get in. #14 is probably safe. #13 is almost assuredly safe. #12 is a pretty much a lock.

For comparison purposes, here's the Pairwise ranking of the last at-large bid for the last six years.

2017: #14 Providence
2016: #14 Minnesota-Duluth
2015: #15 Providence
2014: #14 North Dakota
2013: #14 St Cloud State
2012: #15 Michigan State

I'd say it's safe to say that we'd be in pretty good shape at #13.

Last edited:
For comparison purposes, here's the Pairwise ranking of the last at-large bid for the last six years.

2017: #14 Providence
2016: #14 Minnesota-Duluth
2015: #15 Providence
2014: #14 North Dakota
2013: #14 St Cloud State
2912: #15 Michigan State

I'd say it's safe to say that we'd be in pretty good shape at #13.

I am not taking anything for granted because I don’t want Murphy’s Law to say FU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT