ADVERTISEMENT

Listen to this band and tell me they aren’t

They’ve been around a few years, they’re no secret... Josh Kiszka’s voice seems too much of a put-on thus i tend to grow weary fast of their music... in the end, to me, they’re a 21st century Kingdom Come, albeit better musicians ...

I think that's a legit criticism ... but hell, I can't help really digging them. Miles better than Kingdom Clone, imo.

Very derivative - not much more than a Zep tribute band. Their song Highway Tune sounds like a Coda reject. I guess we're really desperate for rock. And it is a shame that the Foo Fighters are pretty much the only non-dinosaur act still carrying the mantle...
Guess you never heard of Rival Sons then.

Very derivative - not much more than a Zep tribute band. Their song Highway Tune sounds like a Coda reject. I guess we're really desperate for rock. And it is a shame that the Foo Fighters are pretty much the only non-dinosaur act still carrying the mantle...

Rock is alive and well in the 21st Century... you just need to go to Sweden to find it #davegrohlfoundit #ghost

Reactions: rudedude
Tool and A Perfect Circle would disagree for sure. 2019 is finally supposed to bring a new Tool album, although I'll believe it when I see it.

There are others. Jack White is killer, and the Raconteurs have a new album and are touring this year. Muse is as well, although they lean a bit more alternative/pop at times. Cage the Elephant, The Struts, Tom Morello are all bands I like that many would consider rock music, albeit with a alternative sound as well.

The twins certainly can slay the tars for sure (based on SNL that I watched this weekend). I have known about them for a couple years. I can only take a couple songs before the voice gets to me. Unlike Zep where I could listen to multiple albums in a row. I heard they may come to an annual festival in Cincy and I will go for sure. The great thing about festivals is you get 30-40 min of multiple acts. Probably all I could take of them even live.

They are from Michigan and their band name is based off some old woman. I think the drummer read her name in the paper or something and said that would be a great name for a band.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT