ADVERTISEMENT

Link to audio discussion on Menet playing or redshirting....

Wild speculation. Kid hasn't taken a snap and is around 280. Who knows how good he is?

Reactions: BBrown
'Tis the time of year full of fluff articles and mindless idle speculation.

I didn't watch an of MM's games. Maybe they did. If so it may not be all speculation. There was a reason he was the #1 player in PA. Maybe he arrives at PSU at 295, who knows. But it's great that we have high end OL talent on the way.....

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I didn't watch an of MM's games. Maybe they did. If so it may not be all speculation. There was a reason he was the #1 player in PA. Maybe he arrives at PSU at 295, who knows. But it's great that we have high end OL talent on the way.....

LOL

It's not all speculation when you're comparing a guy who has played at the collegiate level with someone who hasn't set foot on campus or participated in a single practice?

Alrighty then.

LOL

It's not all speculation when you're comparing a guy who has played at the collegiate level with someone who hasn't set foot on campus or participated in a single practice?

Alrighty then.

Speculation worked out pretty well with Barkley, and a long list of others in the history of PSU football. Yea it's obviously speculation, but there is some basis for it given his reviews and the needs on our OL. It's not like he's trying to win playing time at Bama in a year they have 5 returning starters and future NFL first round draft choices .....

Last edited:
LOL

Alrighty then.

+100. I know that JUCO football is a far cry from DIV1 football but Highschool football is even a further cry.

Why do they call it Penn live? What's live about those guys? There's not a shred of evidence...

I guess Gaia is our starting center this year. Just wondering why Gaia dropped weight from 303 when he still looked good physically, to 286 with JF stating that he is a bit "undersized" but playing the position well. You can definitely see the difference with the drop of about 17 lbs. I would imagine winter training put him at that weight which someone wanted.

Although Menet was highly ranked and everyone here has high hopes for him, OL is one position where it is exceedingly tough to come in and start as a true freshman. Also, I hold out some hope that Palmer has improved enough that PSU can afford the luxury of not starting (or maybe even redshirting) Menet.

The Penn Live boys think that if you take PPalmer's 10 best plays, Menet can perform better than those 10 plays the day he steps on the field at PSU. So they think he plays this year....

Lets get the OL argument, I mean discussion, back going....

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefo...e_football_podcast_th.html#incart_river_index
Not gonna' listen to it....no need to

If anyone thinks that ANY High School OL could perform at the level of PP, circa 2015 - at his best - they are just nuttier than squirrel shit.

At times, FWIW, Palmer played at a high level - - - his first half against Indiana, going up against a real quality, veteran DLineman was outstanding.
Amazingly, in the 2nd half of that same game - he had his lunch eaten for him

Such was the (predictable) inconsistent life of a kid walking onto campus and being thrown immediately out there as a starting LT in the B1G TEN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT